This club in a 5-star Bangkok hotel advertised their ‘Sexy Black Party’ with blackface

snoop1130

Should us white skinned people be 'outraged' if they show a white person? No - most of us wouldn't be outraged. Some people are 'black', some are 'brown' and some are 'white' (and all various hues in between) and that is a FACT.

Racism and political correctness stupidity! :post-4641-1156693976:

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The ad is not offensive at all.

The fact is that some have found it offensive.... As Ochomo pointed out in his/her post, there is a history surrounding the offense caused by 'Black-Face' which many of us for whatever reasons may not be privy to. 

I think the issue here is not that whether or not 'Black-Face' is offensive (it is), but whether some are hiding behind political correctness and choosing to over react and dig out offense where offense may not exist. 

I can see how some may find this Ad offensive, but I can also see how these very same people would go out of their way to take issue with a number of things which other perhaps more balanced attitudes may not be slighted by. 

I don't get this kind of "I'm offended" nonsense.

Great -so you're offended - well - deal with your feelings. Don't take it out on everyone else.

Also - I don't know HOW anyone can be offended by this ad.  In what way does it offend?

The weakest people in this situation are the hotel management.

Should have left the ad the way it was - classy and evocative.

Im sure the bunch of Killjoys who complained about it have probably never been to a club in their lives.

Why do we keep panering to this sick minority?

Why do have to listen to them?

I's beginning to make my blood boil.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair point, however, this isn't a 'Black Face' Party... the advertisement was for 'Sexy Black Party'.... 

Hence my argument that Politically Correct Activists are looking for racism where none may exist. 

This is perhaps not a 'race' issue... its an 'excuse to protest' issue, where some are tripping over themselves to become offended by the slightest slight. 

Thank-you for the suggestion to research the history of Blackface - my 'White Privilege' may well have blinded me to issues which do not appear racist on the surface, but one could certainly 'dig out' offense if they tried hard enough.

I do see how 'Black-Face' images (think Minstrel) may be offensive and such depictions can upset, but I suspect in this case the 'upset' may be a little 'faux' and somewhat of a Politically Correct over reaction which waters down genuine issues.

I will agree that it is wrong to hide behind political correctness and "dig out" offence where it may not exist. There is need for balance however. Racism is often subtle and you at times have to "dig out" in order to expose it. 

1 hour ago, eeworldwide said:

Great -so you're offended - well - deal with your feelings. Don't take it out on everyone else.

Also - I don't know HOW anyone can be offended by this ad.  In what way does it offend?

Im sure the bunch of Killjoys who complained about it have probably never been to a club in their lives.

You seem to easily take offence, for someone telling others not to be easily offended. 

57 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

The ad is a trigger for the left and they love to be triggered. They say they are offended but in reality are delighted. Another opportunity to display their finely crafted virtue.

Or maybe advertisers have realised that being offensive guarantees them the most attention. I had never had of the club in question until today.

There is absolutely positively nothing wrong with the 5 star hotel's ad in the first place. It's none of any PC foreigner's business what the Thais did for their ad promo anyway. I liked the ad. The hotel considered the international press fallout otherwise most Thais couldn't care less what these pampered "victims" whine about. 

11 hours ago, mok199 said:

correct me if I am wrong,but I think this ''blackface ''term is referring to a trendy,movment in the west ...where some caucasions,have painted their faces black ,in a form of protest?..although this may just be a photo of a woman with a black face,promoting a party where dress code is black..I want to know, who pointed out ,the said ''racial ''error .

Blackface is some sort of misnomer for what we in The Netherlands call "Zwarte Piet" (literally: Black Pete). It's part of the Dutch tradition of "Sinterklaas" that is celebrated every year around 5 december. "Sinterklaas" has many "Zwarte Piet" helpers that give presents and candy to kids. This tradition is/was also celebrated in some former colonies of The Netherlands, like Suriname, Aruba and Curaçao. Usually in these majority black people areas, they celebrate it pretty much the same way as people in The Netherlands do.

I feel the name "Blackface" is used in media because it has a more negative connotation to it than "Black Pete". 

I don't believe there's anything racist to this celebration. "Zwarte Piet" is just a fantasy figure. I don't believe children think in terms of black and white. People that wan't to see racism, can see it everywhere. I just feel sad that these days children cannot just celebrate this without being confronted by SJWs that want to see racism everywhere.

A comparison of The Netherlands and Aruba:

5 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

"I's [sic] beginning to make my blood boil."   "....well - deal with your feelings."  Lol......I just saw the 'funny' bit there.

But, I do agree with many of your comments.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:12 PM, Gregorio1 said:

The skin color is jet black which looks more alien, than a caricature of an African.   The gold highlights are a nice touch.  Much ado about nothing!

Goes you haven't seen the movie District Nine...............:cheesy:

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The fact is that some have found it offensive.... As Ochomo pointed out in his/her post, there is a history surrounding the offense caused by 'Black-Face' which many of us for whatever reasons may not be privy to. 

I think the issue here is not that whether or not 'Black-Face' is offensive (it is), but whether some are hiding behind political correctness and choosing to over react and dig out offense where offense may not exist. 

I can see how some may find this Ad offensive, but I can also see how these very same people would go out of their way to take issue with a number of things which other perhaps more balanced attitudes may not be slighted by. 

"I think the issue here is not that whether or not 'Black-Face' is offensive (it is)'

It isn't.  Not in any way.

Oh well ...... Just have to change the fancy dress theme of the party.

How about Nazi party ...... Nothing racist in that, although been done to death already.

Green party ? No . Too many protesting UFO s would turn up.

It's a tough choice trying not to offend anybody.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Oh well ...... Just have to change the fancy dress theme of the party.

How about Nazi party ...... Nothing racist in that, although been done to death already.

Green party ? No . Too many protesting UFO s would turn up.

It's a tough choice trying not to offend anybody.

This guy does not care... I think it's safe to post as this passes even Youtube standards...:whistling: 

Random | Gangsta Rap: Nigga Nigga Nigga by Black Yisus