Don mueang to suvarnabhummi

Rc2702

Gutted to make a silly oversight but I booked a 984 baht flight to bkk which lands at Don muang 1.30pm. Next flight for me that is 6pm from suvarnabhumi. So need to check in 4pm. 

Never done this before

I'm sure I am ok for time. Taxi best option and idea on cost and time it takes?

Suitcase in tow so I'm thinking taxi is best option.

Other option (but will take nearly 30 mins longer) but still plenty of time Take A1 bus (same placeas shuttle) to Mo Chit. Mo Chit to Phaya Thai on skytrain then change lines at Phaya Thai to Suvarnabhumi. Cost about 80 baht but shuttle bus is free.I would always opt for the shuttle bus but alternative always useful if a known problem on the roads

Edited by Gruff

6 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

I have used the shuttle bus a few times, not the most comfortable but plenty of space for luggage.

Never taken more the 50 minutes.

Yes they are old and tired i had one breakdown on the motorway once. We stood on the edge of the motorway and waited for the next one.

1 hour ago, surat04 said:

Taxi takes about 30 minutes and will cost about 450 with all the toll fees. Shuttle bus about 1 hour but free.

The one taxi I took the other way ( Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang ) took about three and a half hours, 700 baht. It took that long because the driver was dodging all the toll roads. Never again, free shuttle is way better. All you need is evidence of a flight out of either airport.

Just now, Lacessit said:

The one taxi I took the other way ( Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang ) took about three and a half hours, 700 baht. It took that long because the driver was dodging all the toll roads. Never again, free shuttle is way better. All you need is evidence of a flight out of either airport.

Spotted a similar thread where this was mentioned I'm hunting that shuttle shortly. Thanks

You just tell the driver that you will pay the toll fees. Easy really.

7 hours ago, wirat69 said:

icon_clock.jpg 05:00 a.m. - Midnight
icon_map.jpg Platform of Suvarnabhumi Airport Passenger Terminal 2nd Floor, Gate 3

*Free Service
(Bus coming from Don Muaeng Airport will drop passengers at the passenger terminal 4th Floor, Gate 5) Passengers going from Don Muaeng Airport to Suvarnabhumi Airport shall get on the bus at the platform of the1st Floor of passenger terminal of Don Muaneng Airport.
05.00 am. – 08.00 am. , 11.30 am. – 03.00 pm. , 07.30 pm. – 24.00 am. depart every 30 minutes
08.12 am. – 11.00 am. , 04.12 pm. – 07.00 pm. depart every 12 minutes
Tel. 1722 (Suvarnabhumi Airport Information Center) / 02-535-111 (Don Muang Airport Information Center)

_MG_2272(1).jpg

image.png

Also possible: public bus number 554 & minivan 

Just to say thanks to contributors. Very easy. Arrived outside DMK first floor exit 6 @ 2pm was on bus by 2.15pm and in BKK airport 3.15pm. Roads were very clear. Seating was good not packed at all. Process was very easy. I copied and pasted the content from an email and printed out a word document and I was stamped and accepted within 1 minute. The pasted content did not show any logos at all. Just text.

• 3 months later...
On 18/01/2018 at 11:53 AM, Rc2702 said:

Spotted a similar thread where this was mentioned I'm hunting that shuttle shortly. Thanks

In DM it's at Gate 6, Swampy Gate 8?  :stoner: