PM accuses the media and politicians of trying to overthrow junta govt

webfact

16 minutes ago, baboon said:

And yet he seems to think he has a perfect right to feel genuinely aggrieved that people want him and his junta out, despite the above. I truly find that difficult to comprehend.

How can he think he could possibly make a go of civilian politics when all he can do is dish out the abuse and not take any in return? Is he that far out of touch with what politics is or just plain stupid?

I mean, I am not even trying to be nasty with my questions. I genuinely would like to know what is going on in his head.

I think he gave us an indication of his delusions when he started composing patriotic songs.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Will he use this as a excuse to delay elections further.

regards worgeordie

Almost certainly., I cannot see how it can not cause a delay. If politicians and the media are trying to overthrow the government how can an election possibly be held? It would undermine the democratic process of installing ex general now politician who used to be a general (and never forget that) Prayut as Prime Minister.

I t will have to be delayed until peace, order and most importantly happiness have been restored. What is more, as Thailand will be leading ASEAN in 2019, an election cannot possibly be held during that year, so sadly....

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea yea.. I am now anti junta too or actually anti corruption like I have always been. Does not mean I will support the reds now all of a sudden. I will support people based on merit so if the PTP comes with a good idea i support it if the junta comes with a good idea i support it and not burn it because of who it came from. 

I like how the junta wants to lower bail for the poor so they can wait their sentencing out of jail like the rich. There are even things I like about the PTP too. They can all have good ideas and they can all do stupid / corrupt things.

You have to understand if you looked at the coups in recent history (last 50 years or so) they never stayed as long in power as now. Usually a year no longer. So no way knowing it would be different this time.  I said it before i felt it was justified to clean up the corruption and other problems with the previous government. Had they been cleaner i would not have supported a coup. But all they wanted was to get their master back. 

I would even support a coup to punish Prayut and Prawit (yea slow learner i know) but sometimes I just like to see corrupt people punished who would otherwise escape. 

I have had my 'told you so' moment for the day, but would like to comment on this:

"I would even support a coup to punish Prayut and Prawit (yea slow learner i know) but sometimes I just like to see corrupt people punished who would otherwise escape."

How about we compromise on a new law, instead. A new law to be applied retroactively, which would target him and his junta? You never know, he might even see the irony of it...

6 minutes ago, JAG said:

Almost certainly., I cannot see how it can not cause a delay. If politicians and the media are trying to overthrow the government how can an election possibly be held? It would undermine the democratic process of installing ex general now politician who used to be a general (and never forget that) Prayut as Prime Minister.

I t will have to be delayed until peace, order and most importantly happiness have been restored. What is more, as Thailand will be leading ASEAN in 2019, an election cannot possibly be held during that year, so sadly....

Is that a weapons cache I see at the bottom of your garden...?

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

I have had my 'told you so' moment for the day, but would like to comment on this:

"I would even support a coup to punish Prayut and Prawit (yea slow learner i know) but sometimes I just like to see corrupt people punished who would otherwise escape."

How about we compromise on a new law, instead. A new law to be applied retroactively, which would target him and his junta? You never know, he might even see the irony of it...

I would be for that too... my whole supporting of the coup was because i wanted to see the corruption and misdeeds of the previous government see punished. I had little faith that that would happen as long as they ore their party was in power. 

Same as i like to see Prayut and Prawit and others get punished if they are corrupt and I don't really care how. I know its a slow learner and I like shortcuts at times. But it really gets to me when those arrogant people get away with corruption. 

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Not that easy do ditch them as this all falls back on the Privy council guiding the #1 and #2 clowns. 

And when the top job falls vacant, as nature dictates it must soon, I bet I know who will be after it...

How many divisions do the media have ? :whistling:

The current PM just has to grow used to the fact that, as the November-election (which he has promised) approaches, regular political-activity and comment will resume.  And not everybody will view him as a hero.

This is normal and expected, and part of what he has committed to delivering.

So get used to it, encourage and channel it, rather than complaining about it.

Unless he really does want, which I'm sure none of us would wish, to become a d*******.  :wink:

:violin:  

are the nayers are out as usual with all their bs comments ... lol ..

Khun Prayut has increased economic development in Thailand.

Thailand’s growth last quarter was supported by a 4.3 percent jump in manufacturing, a 6.7 percent expansion in hotels and restaurants, and an 8.1 percent increase in the transport and storage industries. Private consumption growth remained at 3.1 percent compared with 3 percent expansion in the second quarter, while investment rose 1.2 percent.

Tourism has been boosted with an expected increase in Chinese travelers. The Thai government has gained momentum in popularity since recent data was released.

It appears that 2018 will be even better than last year with many projects being implemented country wideImage result for pics of Khun Prayut

Edited by steven100

11 minutes ago, JAG said:

And when the top job falls vacant, as nature dictates it must soon, I bet I know who will be after it...

Who?

Prayut's wife?

Abhisit?

General Surayud?

Don't tell me Chuwitt.

Air Chief Marshal Chalit?

Prem Tinsulananda himself?

I'm in suspense. Please tell. 

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thailand’s growth last quarter was supported by a 4.3 percent jump in manufacturing, a 6.7 percent expansion in hotels and restaurants, and an 8.1 percent increase in the transport and storage industries. Private consumption growth remained at 3.1 percent compared with 3 percent expansion in the second quarter, while investment rose 1.2 percent.

Tourism has been boosted with an expected increase in Chinese travelers. The Thai government has gained momentum in popularity since recent data was released.

It appears that 2018 will be even better than last year with many projects being implemented country wideImage result for pics of Khun Prayut

Ya know Steven, when you open up the flood doors to China, then your GDP goes up and with the droves of them coming here, everything gets filled. don't pat his back too much as he really had zero to do with it. Now the problem is if it can be controlled as being with china is like having the devil as your bed fellow. 

2 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Would be a disaster for Thailand if he takes over that position. 

I think it always was the long term aim. In place indefinitely, not in direct power but certainly a position of very great "proactive influence"...

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Who?

Prayut's wife?

Abhisit?

General Surayud?

Don't tell me Chuwitt.

Air Chief Marshal Chalit?

Prem Tinsulananda himself?

I'm in suspense. Please tell. 

Maybe prayuts brother could take the lead. 

Or what about new young blood. His nephew. 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

You forgot the most important stat - it is expected that Prawit's watch collection will increase by 33.3% in 2018, and his personal wealth to increase for the 7th year in a row. And this is just the tip of the iceberg for the "unusual"  wealth accumulated by top junta figures.

Let me rephrase your last statement to make it more realistic:

It appears that 2018 will be even better than last year for the Generals, with massive "commissions" being collected on the many projects being implemented country wide

We are all waiting for your comments on the many threads outlining the junta's corruption.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Will he use this as a excuse to delay elections further.

regards worgeordie

My thoughts too. He'll choose any situation to say that there is still 'conflict' in the country and use this to (try) delay elections further. He'll blame anyone and everyone. He not intelligent enough to realise that he is the conflict.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

General Prayut Chan-o-cha accused the media and politicians of attempting to overthrow the junta government and the National Council for Peace and Order

Wouldn't he accuse anyone who would even try to tell the truth for the same selfish reason?

41 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Maybe prayuts brother could take the lead. 

Or what about new young blood. His nephew. 

don't worry greenchair ......  Khun Prayut will be there for a few more years yet   !!  say 10 more ....

we can hope and prey :wai: 

Edited by steven100

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

don't worrry greenchair ......  Khun Prayut will be their for a few more years yet   !!  say 10 ....

we can hope and prey :wai: 

Steven i have never been 1 for pointing out spelling mistakes ( make many myself)but you are preying on the Pm, your idol, think you meant pray.:cheesy:

Edited by colinneil

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Steven i have never been 1 for pointing out spelling mistakes ( make many myself)but you are preying on the Pm, your idol, think you meant pray.:cheesy:

Or maybe it was meant as written...