Khon Kaen pedestrian bridge drama as 13 year old threatens to kill himself after rejection

webfact

one of the major problems in Thailand is that many kids are treated like they are

infants when they are in their teens especially the boys. so for thirteen read 5 or 6

and this appears to continue until they are in their thirties.

when I first saw the way kids in Issan villages all played together I thought it was great the way they all mingled even different age groups, now I realise they are mentally in a similar age group. the whole education system needs to change but

do not hold your breath as it suites some people.     

4 hours ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Sounds to me this is something your father must have said to you. Such a desperate dweeb!

Nah. Actually I had a really good dad. He was kind and supportive. Maybe that was why I did not grow up to be a desperate dweeb. I think some of these kids are not getting enough support and kindness at home. And they just do not develop any self esteem. So, hence the not so quiet desperation. 

At 13 this teen had a case of puppy love, and the girl was not interested in him.

His decision to kill himself because he could not take rejection and the word No, shows

that he was taking himself too seriously for his age. Puppy Love!

He should have been told by his parents that he is a yong teen, and not to be  too

involved with girls for a few more years.

Geezer