He was my hero'; Dylan Farrow details accusation against Woody Allen

webfact

He was my hero'; Dylan Farrow details accusation against Woody Allen

2018-01-18T230957Z_2_LOP000JRKJ69B_RTRMADP_BASEIMAGE-960X540_PEOPLE-WOODY-ALLEN.JPG

In her first television interview, Dylan Farrow details allegations of sexual assault by her adopted father, Woody Allen, who denies the accusations.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Woody Allen's adopted daughter gave a tearful television interview on Thursday, giving details of an alleged molestation by the filmmaker more than 25 years ago.

In her first television interview, Dylan Farrow told the CBS show "This Morning" that Allen touched her private parts when she was 7 years old.

"I loved my father. I respected him. He was my hero. And that doesn't obviously take away from what he did. But it does make the betrayal and the hurt that much more intense," Farrow, now 32, told Gayle King in the interview.

Allen, 82, has repeatedly denied the accusation, which was first made in 1992 in the midst of his bitter split with his then-partner, actress Mia Farrow.

In a statement on Thursday, Allen repeated his denial, and said Farrow was using the sexual misconduct scandal that has swept Hollywood to renew her accusation.

Sentiment in Hollywood against the "Annie Hall" director has grown in recent months with several actors distancing themselves from him or donating earnings from his films to sexual harassment support groups.

Dozens of powerful men in Hollywood, media and politics have been fired, forced to stand down, or dropped from projects in the past several months after being accused of sexual misconduct.

The recent spread of the hashtag #MeToo has highlighted the ubiquity of sexual harassment and has given rise to Time's Up, a group lobbying for anti-harassment legislation and providing legal support for victims of harassment and assault.

"Even though the Farrow family is cynically using the opportunity afforded by the Time’s Up movement to repeat this discredited allegation, that doesn’t make it any more true today than it was in the past," Allen said in a statement.

"I never molested my daughter – as all investigations concluded a quarter of a century ago," he added. Allen was never charged.

Farrow alleged that she was molested when Allen visited her mother's Connecticut home in August 1992, in the middle of a custody fight.

"I was taken to a small attic crawlspace... He instructed me to lay down on my stomach and play with my brother's toy train that was set up. And he sat behind me in the doorway and as I played with the toy train I was sexually assaulted," she told King.

She added that Allen "often asked me to get into bed with him when he had only his underwear on and sometimes when only I had my underwear on."

Allen, who won Oscars for his comedies "Annie Hall," "Hannah and Her Sisters" and "Midnight in Paris," has continued to turn out a movie almost every year.

His most recent film "Wonder Wheel," distributed by Amazon.com Inc's Amazon Studios, has fared poorly at the North American box office, taking only $1.4 million since its Dec. 1 release.

His next film, "A Rainy Day in New York" which is also from Amazon Studios, is due for release later this year.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bill Rigby)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-01-19

6 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

I believe she believes that.  But I remember that case in the press at the time.  Mia Farrow would have done anything to damage him.  Maybe it did happen, but my point is anything coming out of the Mia Farrow camp is hopelessly tainted.

Yes, recall the sequence of events.  Hell hath no fury etc.

Usually parents of traumatized kids work to help them get passed it, but not in this case.  I remember they tried to make his affection for his daughter fit into their scenario.  There was also a nanny who was paid off (or blackmailed?) into being a witness.

She has A LOT of kids, most of them adopted.  I find that somewhat strange.  Yes, a noble thing to take in orphans, but in such a number?  Ok, so she sacrifices one daughter for her vengeance.

Not like it wasn't investigated at the time and "insufficient" evidence to prosecute. This is not something that is dredged up years later and only "he said she said". It was actually investigated by the authorities.

I can't see anything different now, and apparently just because it's the bandwagon thing at the moment.

However, it seems that even unproven accusations by a "scorned" woman is enough to make Allen's once upon a time sycophants abandon him. I guess he'll learn who his real friends are now.

...and you STILL wonder, why it takes some women years or even decades to come clean?

So it is totally unlikely, that Allen actually did what Farrow(s) say...because he never had an affair with his (barely legal) step- daughter?!

Yeah...right...  

...and you STILL wonder, why it takes some women years or even decades to come clean?
So it is totally unlikely, that Allen actually did what Farrow(s) say...because he never had an affair with his (barely legal) step- daughter?!

Yeah...right...  

Yeah right? Well, wrong actually. Soon-Yi wasn't his stepdaughter and as they've now been married for 20+ years, with two adopted daughters, it was hardly an "affair".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He would be pretty darn stupid to do this molestation during the separation period, get Mia Farrow all upset and then go to her house to molest an adopted daughter? Nope, timing is wrong.

Edited by IAMHERE

The men haters are winning - for the time being.  It will get to the stage that women will become unemployable as the risk of accusations of sexual advances ( true or false)  will become too much of a liability.

We see a similar phenomenon with a great reduction in males choosing a career in teaching. Why take the risk of being accused of being a kiddy fiddler..... Easier to pursue a career elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, car720 said:

What I remember is Woody being investigated up and down, in and out by every legal as well as 2 bit organization there was and ALL saying that he was clean.

You sure bro?

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.”

The state attorney, Maco, said publicly he did have probable cause to press charges against Allen but declined, due to the fragility of the “child victim.” Maco told me that he refused to put Dylan through an exhausting trial, and without her on the stand, he could not prosecute Allen.

Allen changed his story about the attic where the abuse allegedly took place. First, Allen told investigators he had never been in the attic where the alleged abuse took place. After his hair was found on a painting in the attic, he admitted that he might have stuck his head in once or twice. A top investigator concluded that his account was not credible.