What is the best value apartment you have stayed at?

cnxvegan

i am coming back to chiang mai in february, and i want to stay at a better place this year, i have more income and i am wondering what is the best value apartment you have stayed at

really i just want something a little more than the basic 33 sqm bed and bathroom 

not exactly asking for specific places, just want a general description and price you have paid for it 

Edited by cnxvegan

21 minutes ago, cnxvegan said:

i don't have a budget right now, i would like to stay near the nimman area, really just want more than the one room 33-45 sqm shoebox apartment, so i would think around 8-12k/month

There are about four brand new blocks (low rise) Just along the Superhighway from Maya shopping mall on the first road on the left past the mall. Very nicely appointed condo/ apartments averaging around 10k/month and fully serviced. Well worth a look and only a short walk across Huey Gaew to Nieman.

2 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

There are about four brand new blocks (low rise) Just along the Superhighway from Maya shopping mall on the first road on the left past the mall. Very nicely appointed condo/ apartments averaging around 10k/month and fully serviced. Well worth a look and only a short walk across Huey Gaew to Nieman.

What size, and do they have a pool?

there are loads of websites mate.  

why not google it, and do a bit of research yourself.

only you know what you would be happy with and where.

you need to be specific when you ask a question mate, that is, if you want a decent answer.

18 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

there are loads of websites mate.  

why not google it, and do a bit of research yourself.

only you know what you would be happy with and where.

you need to be specific when you ask a question mate, that is, if you want a decent answer.

He's asking for honest suggestions for places to stay.  Are you a Linux user.  That's like saying, "Hey stupid, read the 'man' pages."  It's disingenuous.  Try helping.  If you have nothing positive to say, then don't post. 

Edited by connda

i don't have a budget right now, i would like to stay near the nimman area, really just want more than the one room 33-45 sqm shoebox apartment, so i would think around 8-12k/month
February is only just on the cusp of high season end. Won't happen unless you are going to sign a long lease. Even if you snagged one the furniture will be thai cardboard.

I Thought you said that you were cashed up?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you looking for a permanent rental....or a monthly serviced apartment?

The only quality ones I know that have a reasonable (60sq met up say) floor space go from 18,000 a month up depending on the place and depending on the length of contract.

Not including water as electric...

Cheapest in Nimmen would be 103 condo, soi 12, in pretty bad shape, could get a room 4 5k, don't expect much. Hillside 2 and 3, 8k for a studio.

You can get a nicer place, same price range, Jed Yod area, not far from Nimmen.

Good luck

22 hours ago, elektrified said:

I'm sorry, but that's absurd.:blink:

There really isnt that much difference in eating out and buying your own food and cooking it .

It may be slightly cheaper , but after you take the expense of going to the markets , wastage, food that you buy that doesnt get eaten , its pretty much the same price

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There really isnt that much difference in eating out and buying your own food and cooking it .

It may be slightly cheaper , but after you take the expense of going to the markets , wastage, food that you buy that doesnt get eaten , its pretty much the same price

Gas costs, transport if not walking. Correct unless buying in bulk but bulk buying requires larger freezer.

At home i eat what i want, not what's on the menu.  Since i esp like veggies i eat lots of those, always steamed.  Restaurant food often tasty but loaded with fats, MSG, salt, sugar and white rice.  Of course if eatout must also pay for wages, rents on shop, etc.

Cheaper?  I really don't need to save 10 baht per meal, even if eatout cheaper.

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

At home i eat what i want, not what's on the menu.  Since i esp like veggies i eat lots of those, always steamed.  Restaurant food often tasty but loaded with fats, MSG, salt, sugar and white rice.  Of course if eatout must also pay for wages, rents on shop, etc.

Cheaper?  I really don't need to save 10 baht per meal, even if eatout cheaper.

Sounds exciting

Lived in the one bedroom one bathroom apartment in Thai neighborhoods for years.  How do you beat 1,200 THB / month rent?  To step up to a little better you'll be paying a lot more.  I guess it all comes down to what you consider to be comfortable. 

On 1/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, connda said:

If you're living in Chiang Mai city, you don't need a kitchen.  It's cheaper to eat out.

On 1/30/2018 at 12:17 PM, elektrified said:

I'm sorry, but that's absurd.:blink:

Omg!  How'd  I manage without a kitchen for the years I lived in Thai apartments???  I must be close to starved to death.  I had the ability to cook in the apartment.  But it was far easier to and probably less expensive in the long run to eat out.  But I mostly eat Thai and a lot of veggies.  Typical meal out where I lived ranged between 25 to 40 THB per meal. 
So no, that statement is far from absurb, well unless you eat like most of the over-weight expats I see roaming CM, then I guess they're more likely to be munching down 500 THB meals at restaurants catering to farangs.  Yeah, if you eat that high-fat, high-sugar content food, then you will probably save money by cooking at home. 

Edited by connda

7 hours ago, Buddaman said:

Kantary hills.....$100 PER NIGHT!!

Yes, but it meets the OP's requirements in terms of location, size of the units, having nice kitchens, with clothes washing machines in the units, plus there is a wonderful pool, fitness center and business center on-site.  Yes, a little pricey, but it wasn't until later in the thread that he revealed his budget -- a little unrealistic for what he's looking for.  Kantary Hills has monthly rates below what they show on their website, but still beyond the unrealistic expectation of the OP.  He's probably going to get a 33 sq. meter shoebox for the budget he has in mind for a short stay.