TM30 and TM28 on the same day

I went to Laos on a cycling trip. On my return to Thailand, I knew I should do the correct thing and register having returned to my house, via a TM30.

Actually, I re-entered Thailand on 10 January, stayed at a couple of guest houses on the way home. Went home, didn’t stay there, but went straight out again to see my wife who was staying in Bangkok, visiting her sister there.

We all came back home to Udon on 19 January. 
In the afternoon I went to Udon Immigration with the TM30 filled in by the housemaster, along with a copy of their ID and house registration. Very helpful IO there said I also needed to complete a TM28 for change of address. I did that, although I couldn’t work out why I needed  a TM30 and a TM28 on the same day?

While I was there I queried about a new 90 day registration date. He said sure, and just manually changed the date, writing a new one on the original 90 day yellow slip in my passport, which was fine.

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's a report of what happened.

I want to know why the IO made me fill in a TM30 and TM28 together?

Well the TM28 was for changing you address from the guesthouse to your home, and the TM30 was for registering a non-Thai (yourself) at the place where you currently reside. Logical? No. Required? Apparently so.

You could save yourself the hassle and move to Bangkok where these things don't matter, but you'll be sacrificing clean(ish) air and open roads for smog and traffic :smile:

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

In the afternoon I went to Udon Immigration with the TM30 filled in by the housemaster, along with a copy of their ID and house registration. Very helpful IO there said I also needed to complete a TM28 for change of address. I did that, although I couldn’t work out why I needed  a TM30 and a TM28 on the same day?

If you read what the TM28 form it is not only a change of address form. It is also required for staying in another province for more than 24 hours.

image.png.3f256dcfbf4883d4e229f77da4cfca4a.png

And

A stay in another of over 24 hours must be reported with 48 hours of arrival in that place

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you read what the TM28 form it is not only a change of address form. It is also required for staying in another province for more than 24 hours.

image.png.3f256dcfbf4883d4e229f77da4cfca4a.png

And

A stay in another of over 24 hours must be reported with 48 hours of arrival in that place

Ah, I'd overlooked that part of it. A clear answer as usual, thanks UJ.