How to verify a deed for land only in Hang Dong amphoe?

My Thai wife (of 20 years) and I are retiring in Chiang Mai later this year. We’ve located a parcel we like and have negotiated a price pending confirmation of property deed/chanote. What is the best way to verify the deed ?

Thanks,

Gamb00ler

Go to the HD land office if I remember it's in town on the 108 south of the traffic lights west side.

You should have a photocopy of the deed?

Take it along and ask them to check.

Have a friend who reads Thai to check what's written on the back as that is where liens (and loans) are written which you need to know. You want to be sure of full unhindered access to the lot too and if there's any doubt about this the officer can bring the neighbouring lots up on a screen.

That's their job.

Edited by cheeryble

Thanks for the excellent response. My stepson also called upon his friend in the commercial RE business for help on this. Your advice matches his. We had not yet heard from him when I posted.

Thanks again.
Gamb00ler

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If you intend on building a property, take into account, is the land levelled or does it need fill, has it a boundry wall, are utilities allready laid on, how far to connect electric and water. May seem trivel but all the above can turn out to be very expensive and should be reflected in the price you are paying 

Thank you for taking the time to provide excellent suggestions. This property is in Banwantan and is fairly well prepared for construction. The land is almost exactly the same level as all neighbors, perhaps 30cm at worst below one neighbor in the back. Utilities also established. We verified 3 of the 4 survey markers. The 4th was located but not quite readable. A lot of open land nearby and very quiet There are many very nice homes nearby. We realize we are somewhat close to CNX but did not find the noise intrusive when we observed several landings both during the day and at night. I was rather surprised when one of our neighbors said he had a basement. I presume it is 1/2 depth judging by outside appearance. That same neighbor said that the worst flooding he had experienced had not impacted any homes in that area.

My stepson has grown up in Chiang Mai and through one of his closest friends has contact with the son of the original owner of that development. We are waiting to hear back from that contact before making a final decision.

Thanks again for your help,

Gamb00ler

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect