EXCLUSIVE: After living at airport for 3 months, Zimbabwean family has left Thailand

webfact

Would not be surprised if we get more of this, beats a camp at Calais after getting across the Med. Nothing has happened in Zimbabwe apart from one bloke taking over from another from the same party. They can't play the we are Gay card either, liars playing the system. 

Edited by Orton Rd

21 hours ago, Jerry780 said:

They are illegal immigrants. The Thais know how to deal with them. In the uk they would have been given housing and benefits. Well done Thailand.

The UK doesn't have illegal immigrants they have legal immigrants that have lived there for generations. You really think an ''illegal immigrant'' can walk down the road file all the forms wait for months and claim government benefits?

This is lie crated by the racist politicians in the UK.  Demonize a group and win the white vote.  Even better since that group doesn't even exist so it cannot fight back.

But let me entertain your argument/newspaper headline.  If the evil brown people pay taxes by eating food and putting fuel in a car than they pay taxes and via general taxation they have a right to claim the benefits.

I am sure you are busy promoting child abuse and anti human rights like with this Nigerian family but if you get any free time try to take a walk around London or Birmingham and speak to some of the locals that have lived there for the past 100 years maybe share your thoughts with some Gurkha soldiers. Use some of your German money to catch the bus home after.

Edited by johnray

10 minutes ago, johnray said:

The UK doesn't have illegal immigrants they have legal immigrants that have lived there for generations. You really think an ''illegal immigrant'' can walk down the road file all the forms wait for months and claim government benefits?

This is lie crated by the racist politicians in the UK.  Demonize a group and win the white vote.  Even better since that group doesn't even exist so it cannot fight back.

But let me entertain your argument/newspaper headline.  If the evil brown people pay taxes by eating food and putting fuel in a car than they pay taxes and via general taxation they have a right to claim the benefits.

I am sure you are busy promoting child abuse and anti human rights like with this Nigerian family but if you get any free time try to take a walk around London or Birmingham and speak to some of the locals that have lived there for the past 100 years maybe share your thoughts with some Gurkha soldiers. Use some of your German money to catch the bus home after.

"I am sure you are busy promoting child abuse and anti human rights like with this Nigerian family but if you get any free time try to take a walk around London or Birmingham and speak to some of the locals that have lived there for the past 100 years maybe share your thoughts with some Gurkha soldiers. Use some of your German money to catch the bus home after."

not sure why you have brought the Gurkhas into it as completely irrelevant. I think if you speak to many people from immigrant families from generations ago in the UK you will find many are very anti illegal migration also. not sure what you brought child abuse into it for either. isn't depriving a child their right to an education a form of child abuse and is an education not a human right?  

On 1/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, chowny77 said:

I was just wondering which poor country now has to bend over to give them charity.

A Thai reporter friend of mine thinks its Kenya, there are direct flight to Nairobi..........guess we shall see.

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

"there is no asylum or asylum seeker status in Thailand, so they could not be seeking asylum in Thailand"

So when you said this, you were not claiming I said they were seeking asylum in Thailand? 

OK, if you say so...

Specifically state where I twisted facts?

Exactly please.

As to valuing truth and not partial truths...yeah right, again, if you say so...

well, you said they were asylum seekers.

"asylum seeker" is an official immigration status in most countries, but not in Thailand where it doesn't exist.

regarding other countries, the Law specifies that in order to apply for asylum, a person must be in the country in order to apply, it is not possible to request asylum from abroad, so by definition, every asylum seeker must first break the law by being at first an illegal immigrant, if not aided by the UNHCR as in this case.

and just for the protocol: yes, I think it's disgusting.

about twisted facts, I will bring it to your attention the next time I see it - I am too lazy to search for exact precedents right now, but I remember we disagreed on biaised journalists, carceral populations, etc.

Edited by manarak

Just now, manarak said:

well, you said they were asylum seekers.

"asylum seeker" is an official immigration status in most countries, but not in Thailand where it doesn't exist.

regarding other countries, the Law specifies that in order to apply for asylum, a person must be in the country in order to apply, it is not possible to request asylum from abroad, so by definition, every asylum seeker must first break the law by being at first an illegal immigrant.

and just for the protocol: yes, I think it's disgusting.

about twisted facts, I will bring it to your attention the next time I see it - I am too lazy to search for exact precedents right now, but I remember we disagreed on biaised journalists, carceral populations, etc.

I look forward to your pointing such things out...luckily I am very patient...

RE: Asylum, none the less the family are seeking asylum. That is why the UNHCR is helping them.

23 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

On November 14 2017, the Zimbabwean army staged a 'coup' to depose the despot Robert Mugabe, who had ruled the country for 37 years. These people left prior to that event. Now that Mnangagwa is the president and open to the west and the world, there is no mention of what they were fleeing and if their return would still endanger their lives. A one sided story.

'

Exactly, I would call them Economic Refugees, nothing less, there was no reason for them not to return to Zimbabwe, only what they were telling authorities  -  Good for Spain for not accepting them, 

16 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Exactly, I would call them Economic Refugees, nothing less, there was no reason for them not to return to Zimbabwe, only what they were telling authorities  -  Good for Spain for not accepting them, 

Evidence please