The story of the Eton educated English lord and the Thai soap queen wows Thais

snoop1130

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

"Thaivisa notes that The Ministry of Sound opened a fancy nightclub in Sukhumvit in the late 1980s/early 1990s that has long since closed"

they opened around 2000/2001, i remember it. it was crap, no one went there so it shut down quick. clientele was a bit like the levels of today, full of freelancers. They couldn't get people to come from places like Qbar. Bed and Narcissus so it shut down. was a big fail in the end.

Not sure of how it was there but here full of drugs and that is why we did not work with them.

Just now, wakeupplease said:

Full in Vauxhall my friend, full of drugs, good to hear BK said no more of this I say. bloody lords full of >>it

i've been to the one in vauxhall a few times with friends when i was about 17. it was basically a big gay dance club. not my thing

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I think other UK people may agree - most of the rich upper crust are a bit loony so nothing he may do would be surprising !

10 out or 10 on that my man, dealing with the second son of a lord now. the <<it head destroyed British radio in in 80's, he also did not know where to find a bath, my god the smell

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

i've been to the one in vauxhall a few times with friends when i was about 17. it was basically a big gay dance club. not my thing

Not the one I am talking about, the gay one was a bit up the road owned by Richard Branson?

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Not the one I am talking about, the gay one was a bit up the road owned by Richard Branson?

theres only one MOS in London. and it was full of gay ketamine junkies when i went there

in fact it used to be elephant and castle not vauxhall. wouldn't know where it is now

Edited by Happy enough

38 minutes ago, Enoon said:

From 2009:

"James Palumbo: There's only money, sex; and music and mellowing"

"Despite his riches, he lives in the first flat he ever bought, with a Thai woman whom he calls his best friend, Rawipim Paijit, or Pim."

So did Miss Pim get kicked to the curb... or, perhaps he and his whippet are looking for a threesome???

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

theres only one MOS in Vauxhall. and it was full of gay ketamine junkies when i went there

in fact it used to be elephant and castle not vauxhall. wouldn't know where it is now

Under the arches was MOS, Richard owned the real gay club off Trafalgar, cannot think what it was called now, but have to say people have a right to feel how they feel, as long as they do not feel my shirt tails are touchable. Only the wife goes there. When you went may of been a special night, bet you had fun and hit the exit fast.

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Only thing I know about Eton is George Orwell went there and felt like a fish out of water.

He referred to his schoolmates "Tonies," because they all seemed to be named Anthony.

Does UK have penalties for those who do not respect the royals?  If so, does it includes guys like this?

Not to mention Anthony Armstrong Jones (who became Lord Snowdon when he married the delectable Princess Margaret).  A schoolmaster at Eton wrote on Jones's report card:  "He may be good at some subject, but it is not a subject we teach here."

See also The Crown on Netflix for further insight into this lovely lord.

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

'The First World War was won on the playing fields of Eton'  However, if this guy had any taste or class he would be living on the Italian Riviera, not slumming it with soi dogs in sweaty Bangkok.

MMM... appears you have an Upper British attitude. Great Britain is no longer Great. Yes in the past prior to the war sure it was. Try not to live in the past taking on an attitude of Lords etc should not mingle with the less wealthy. That is history, past and gone!! By the way Australians are not "convicts" of which I assume you still refer to us as that.

PS Thank you UK for sending my distant relatives here as convicts when no fares or visa restrictions applied to a land of which is now paradise and even the English now struggle to get Permanent Residency. :-)

Just now, wakeupplease said:

Under the arches was MOS, Richard owned the real gay club off Trafalgar, cannot think what it was called now, but have to say people have a right to feel how they feel, as long as they do not feel my shirt tails are touchable. Only the wife goes there. When you went may of been a special night, bet you had fun and hit the exit fast.

no. danced and had a laugh. used to go to the nightclubs around vauxhall (mostly under the arches) all of which were gay. they opened late and the music was good and there would always be a few straight girls accompanying their gay friends that were easy pickings. those were the days 555 was a kid then. hadn't even turned 18. who would have known only 2 years later i would end up moving here

This is Kwan, I believe...

5a67eb6a4567f_2018-01-2409_10_58.jpg.926c7a8ce3811fcd71a25e722305262e.jpg

BTW, this bio of her says she's part English on her father's side:

http://www.thainarak.net/society-thai-bio67-kwan-usamanee-vaithayanon.html

Born in Petchaburi, Thailand, on March 3, 1988, Usamanee Vaithayanon (อุษามณี ไวทยานนท์), mostly known by her nickname Kwan (ขวัญ) is an Anglo-Thai-Hmong model and actress.
Her father was an Anglo-Thai police officer, while her mother was from the Hmong hill tribes of Northern Thailand.

Rule Britannia

When Britain first, at Heaven's command
    Arose from out the azure main;
    This was the charter of the land,
    And guardian angels sang this strain:

"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
    "Britons never will be slaves."

:laugh::laugh:

God Save The Queen!!

:smile::smile:

6 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

no. danced and had a laugh. used to go to the nightclubs around vauxhall (mostly under the arches) all of which were gay. they opened late and the music was good and there would always be a few straight girls accompanying their gay friends that were easy pickings. those were the days 555 was a kid then. hadn't even turned 18. who would have known only 2 years later i would end up moving here

Better off listening to Horizon Radio, now they knew how to play music and yes there was a lords 2nd son who did the breakfast show, but did not know what water was, pass me the BO Spray please.

Not to mention Anthony Armstrong Jones (who became Lord Snowdon when he married the delectable Princess Margaret).  A schoolmaster at Eton wrote on Jones's report card:  "He may be good at some subject, but it is not a subject we teach here."

See also The Crown on Netflix for further insight into this lovely lord.

One would not look to The Crown for information of any kind since it is grossly indeed cartoonishly inaccurate- though I admit entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It would seem his Lordship is very well versed in the ways of Thailand: :smile:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/846473/Ministry-of-Sound-James-Palumbo-DJ-Mike-Dower-London-stray-dogs-Thailand

Now Lord Palumbo, the founder of the Ministry Of Sound music empire and a major donor to the Liberal Democrats - he was created a life peer in 2013 - has decided to open a rescue centre in the Thai countryside to help these abandoned dogs with the assistance of friend and DJ Mike Dower, who is moving to Thailand to run the sanctuary.

Seven years ago James bought 50 acres of farmland in Nakhon Nayok, a two-hour drive north of Bangkok and the home town of his best friend Rawipim Paijit, who he lives with in London.

After building several Western-style houses on the land where her brother and sister live, the pair started taking in abandoned dogs scavenging at nearby temples and farms.