The story of the Eton educated English lord and the Thai soap queen wows Thais

snoop1130

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think other UK people may agree - most of the rich upper crust are a bit loony so nothing he may do would be surprising !

No I would not agree with this remarkably ignorant statement.The fact that they are rich upper crust and not hard up tattooed ex sex tourists living with “family” in some Isaan dump suggests the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, bendejo said:

Only thing I know about Eton is George Orwell went there and felt like a fish out of water.

He referred to his schoolmates "Tonies," because they all seemed to be named Anthony.

Does UK have penalties for those who do not respect the royals?  If so, does it includes guys like this?

Who is not respecting the UK royals, and how?  The answer to your question is that anyone can say anything they like about the royals without fear of any consequences.

"Seven years ago James bought 50 acres of farmland in Nakhon Nayok, a two-hour drive north of Bangkok and the home town of his best friend Rawipim Paijit, who he lives with in London."

Are foreigners allowed to buy land in Thailand already? Or one needs to be a lord to do that?

From a 1997 Independant article.....

He is feeling irritated after a disagreeable dining experience the night before with a young female Cambridge undergraduate. He had set her a test worthy of King Lear, with an anecdote about a friend of his - a multi-millionaire - who had offered his son any fast car he wanted to swan around in while at Oxford. "He could have had any flash car, Ferrari, GTi, to speed around in," says Palumbo. "Do you know what he said? He said he'd rather use public transport." Palumbo had asked the Cambridge girl what she thought of the young man's decision. "She said it was stupid of him - he should have bought a top-of-the-range car. I was very disappointed. To me, that sort of attitude precisely sums up the way young Leftie students look at the world."

?????... I bet he’s gotten over that attitude!

Assuming the OP article is true, inquiring minds would have to wonder just how the two of them may have come together.... The range of possibilities boggles...

--they both love the doggies, or doggie....

--they met when he was doing BKK clubbing and she was a young actress/model...

--he's a hopeless addict for older Thai lakorns....

--ThaiFriendly site....

What else could it be???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

18 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

"Seven years ago James bought 50 acres of farmland in Nakhon Nayok, a two-hour drive north of Bangkok and the home town of his best friend Rawipim Paijit, who he lives with in London."

Are foreigners allowed to buy land in Thailand already? Or one needs to be a lord to do that?

I don't believe even UK lords get any special exemption from the Thais in that area...

Presumably, it's the standard farang version translation of the reality being... I gave her the money and she bought the land in her name... 

Although, they also could have done it thru a company structure since they're using the location as the dogs shelter and formed some kind of nonprofit organization to handle that work.

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

Only thing I know about Eton is George Orwell went there and felt like a fish out of water.

He referred to his schoolmates "Tonies," because they all seemed to be named Anthony.

Does UK have penalties for those who do not respect the royals?  If so, does it includes guys like this?

Nope! We have total freedom of speech in the UK.....Except when it comes to inciting crime/violence.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

But that doesn't seem to have deterred filthy rich Palumbo who likes dogs. 

What?!

My apologies to the Lord, I just read it that way the first time, and could not resist the post.

Edited by timendres

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

'The First World War was won on the playing fields of Eton'  However, if this guy had any taste or class he would be living on the Italian Riviera, not slumming it with soi dogs in sweaty Bangkok.

Jealous are we , the green eyed Monster has appeared.

6 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

A lord who has never done a days work in his life pulls a Thai superStar. that is because he could not pull a English wife as English girls are fed up with with BULLS>>>

I have a sneaking suspicion that girls aren't really his primary love interest. I reckon he prefers to bat for the other side so to speak. 

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Assuming the OP article is true, inquiring minds would have to wonder just how the two of them may have come together.... The range of possibilities boggles...

--they both love the doggies, or doggie....

--they met when he was doing BKK clubbing and she was a young actress/model...

--he's a hopeless addict for older Thai lakorns....

--ThaiFriendly site....

What else could it be???

Its not really hard to imagine: Meeting through mutual friends....   It is highly possible that he had made many Thai friends during his time here in Thailand and through these friend he met many others and ultimately was introduced to the lady in question.... 

This is how many people meet and is quite normal... 

Edited by richard_smith237

5 hours ago, faraday said:

Rule Britannia

When Britain first, at Heaven's command
    Arose from out the azure main;
    This was the charter of the land,
    And guardian angels sang this strain:

"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
    "Britons never will be slaves."

:laugh::laugh:

God Save The Queen!!

:smile::smile:

Then the Muslim moved in

19 hours ago, vadid said:

Harsh.

Yeah, that's a mean pot shot at the rich right there, which is normally understandable, but if the guy's using some of his wealth to help wretched animals not have such wretched lives in Thailand, that's kind of hard not to like.