Extending tourist visa based on marriage

Here's the situation. I'm living in Finland and my wife is in Bangkok. We are going to have a child in the next few weeks. I applied for a non-O at the embassy in Helsinki, but could not get it because in the Finnish population registry my wife's nationality was marked at "unknown". So I ended with a single entry tourist visa. Looking at my flight dates, total time in Thailand will be a bit over 90 days. I know I can extend TR visa for 30 days, but is it possible to extend TR for 60 days based on marriage? I know I could extend non-O for 60 days, but I'm not sure if I can do the same with tourist visa.

Any suggestions on the best way to stay around 100 days in Thailand in this situation? I could fly in and out to a neighboring country, but it seems a bit excessive and would rather avoid that.

Anyone knows if this can be done without first converting TR visa to non-O. I read other posts discussing that the conversion has to be done first. But maybe that's just for the one-year extension? The 60-day extension, as I recall, does not require money in the bank or anything like that?

14 minutes ago, sepsi said:

Anyone knows if this can be done without first converting TR visa to non-O. I read other posts discussing that the conversion has to be done first. But maybe that's just for the one-year extension? The 60-day extension, as I recall, does not require money in the bank or anything like that?

You don’t need to ‘convert’ to a Non-‘O’ to get a 60 day extension. That is only required for a 1 year extension.

You don’t need to show money in the bank or income for a 60 day extension.