New school director, 51, under fire for ‘intimate relationship’ with schoolgirl, 14

webfact

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

True.  In the west we seem to have been programmed to react to such stories with horror.  In Thailand it is more inclined to get a shrug of the shoulders.  A fourteen year old having a "romantic" relationship is perfectly normal but not with their teacher irrespective of their teachers age. 

He can always avoid prosecution by marrying the girl.

As that is an option under Thai law.

"The victim had said she was “in love” with Nathapop and he had promised to ask the girl’s family for permission to marry her on February 14, the friend said."

And it looks like that's what the girl  wants.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

He can always avoid prosecution by marrying the girl.

As that is an option under Thai law.

"The victim had said she was “in love” with Nathapop and he had promised to ask the girl’s family for permission to marry her on February 14, the friend said."

And it looks like that's what the girl  wants.

Quite extraordinary and worrying amount of posts here that seem to excuse or even support this evil man. She is an M2 school student barely 14 years old. how can she possibly know that she 'loves' this pervert, old enough to be her grandfather? She is a victim who has been raped. The perpetrator is a serial sexual predator who has most likely been seducing children throughout his teaching career. The girl needs to be protected and guided back to normalcy. These facts should be as clear as day, there is no ambiguity. 

2 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

Sure, but not the point he was making

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The point is he says he’s not a paedophle. My point is would you want him living next door if you have a young daughter. I certainly wouldn’t. Regardless of people’s definitons. 

The definition of paedophile is ‘someone sexually attracted to a child’ 

The definition of child is ‘a person below the age of puberty OR a person below the legal age of majority’. 

So whereas in my country the legal age for consensual sex is 16, I wouldn’t go anywhere near a 16 year old. That for me is just wrong. Just my opinion. But one with morals, I believe. 

Do you think a guy who’s in a relationship with a 14 year old would say, “I wouldn’t go under 14. That’s just wrong!”

Yea, I’m thinking ‘no’. 

30 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Quite extraordinary and worrying amount of posts here that seem to excuse or even support this evil man. She is an M2 school student barely 14 years old. how can she possibly know that she 'loves' this pervert, old enough to be her grandfather? She is a victim who has been raped. The perpetrator is a serial sexual predator who has most likely been seducing children throughout his teaching career. The girl needs to be protected and guided back to normalcy. These facts should be as clear as day, there is no ambiguity. 

Thai law is not US law, although you (or I) may feel it is wrong, you are living in a different country and should understand their laws may be different to how you feel things should be. I have not made any mention of support for the accused, merely pointed out the law is different, and he has the option to marry the girl which would result in all charges being dropped.

18 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Thai law is not US law, although you (or I) may feel it is wrong, you are living in a different country and should understand their laws may be different to how you feel things should be. I have not made any mention of support for the accused, merely pointed out the law is different, and he has the option to marry the girl which would result in all charges being dropped.

Yes, that’s very respectful of others’ cultures and all, but we base age of consent on science. Not opinions or the men-in-power’s whims. 

There are girls under the age of 16 who actually look older than 16. We haven’t based it on how old they look, but what their mental state is. Children are children. They need to be protected. 

There are are universal rights and wrongs. 

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

How do you know?

P.S. That's in no way an accusation, I'm just wondering why you're posting such a link? 

Google: 

pe·do·phile
ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun

1. a person who is sexually attracted to children.

I looked it up, my trust in google is not all encompassing, I have also had occasion to look it up earlier due to events around me in my youth.

Someone posted earlier about precision in talking about these things, so I thought I would bring out some more precise definitions...

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/pedophiles-hebephiles-and-ephebophiles-oh-my-erotic-age-orientation/

The point is he says he’s not a paedophle. My point is would you want him living next door if you have a young daughter. I certainly wouldn’t. Regardless of people’s definitons.   

The definition of paedophile is ‘someone sexually attracted to a child’ 

The definition of child is ‘a person below the age of puberty OR a person below the legal age of majority’. 

So whereas in my country the legal age for consensual sex is 16, I wouldn’t go anywhere near a 16 year old. That for me is just wrong. Just my opinion. But one with morals, I believe. 

Do you think a guy who’s in a relationship with a 14 year old would say, “I wouldn’t go under 14. That’s just wrong!”

Yea, I’m thinking ‘no’. 

No. The point he was making is strictly about the incorrect modern usage. It seems that you state the meaning in more ambiguous way, maybe unintentionally.

Here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Not really the the case. Many will happily take a 14 year old, it is probably their upper limit. It should also be said that many just turned 14 year old Thai girls, are indeed still pre-pubescent, being slower developers than their Western counterparts. 

And you know this how? 

4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

School director Nathapop Boonthongtho was transferred out of the school to an inactive post pending a disciplinary panel’s investigation. Nathapop did not show up at work this week because he was too busy molesting underage kids. The army doesn't know anything about it. Guess why?

Why?  Spit it out the suspense is killing me. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

What facts?

Most of what you wrote is speculation. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Not really the the case. Many will happily take a 14 year old, it is probably their upper limit. It should also be said that many just turned 14 year old Thai girls, are indeed still pre-pubescent, being slower developers than their Western counterparts. 

You seem well informed on the subject so I wont argue, though how you would be privy to such information I don't like to think.

To call someone a pedophile for simply being sexually attracted to a 14-year-old is ridiculous though. 14 is the age of consent in many countries including Germany, Italy, Portugal and Austria.

What this guy was doing is disgusting and wrong in so many ways, he should be punished with the most severe penalties possible, he was in a position of trust and abused his position terribly, however to get hysterical and start calling him a pedophile (though he could well be one) because of this one case is just stupid.

Edited by Fish Head Soup

6 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

No. The point he was making is strictly about the incorrect modern usage. It seems that you state the meaning in more ambiguous way, maybe unintentionally.

Here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

No, I stated it clearly from the Oxford dictionary. 

Wiki serves a purpose for some things. Debating what constitutes a paedophile isn’t one of them. 

No, I stated it clearly from the Oxford dictionary. 

Wiki serves a purpose for some things. Debating what constitutes a paedophile isn’t one of them. 
If you are going by the online version of the oxford dictionary, you won't get very much.

Wiki supplies very detailed references; just click on the links.

Just now, Will E Vormer said:

If you are going by the online version of the oxford dictionary, you won't get very much.

Wiki supplies very detailed references; just click on the links.

Thanks. I’m really worried about people who have sex with 14 year olds being offended by being called paedophiles. 

I’ll be sure to reference wiki, just hope that information hasn’t changed by tomorrow. What with wiki being edited and updated by the public. 

15 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Another load of fake "facts".

"The reasons for this are not totally clear. Currently, the average age for starting periods in African-American girls is about 12.2 years, and for Caucasian girls it's 12.9 years." USA

"The median ages of thelarche and pubarche were 9.4 and 11.1 years, respectively. Two hundred and twenty one girls had experienced menstruation. The median age of menarche was 11.2 years, whereas, the mean age was 12.1 years. Thailand

23 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Okay. Let's say you have a 10-year-old daughter. Would you want this guy renting the house next door to you for a year? You know - with him not being a paedophile and all. 

I never said he wasn't a paedophile.  He may well be.  I said that nothing in this article makes him a paedophile.

1 minute ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I never said he wasn't a paedophile.  He may well be.  I said that nothing in this article makes him a paedophile.

I’d say his relations with a 14 year old might lead you on a linear path to a conclusion. 

23 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I wonder what you would be calling him if you had  14 year old he had been raping? Probably not splitting hairs over a a couple of years and what category of abuser he falls into. These perverts do unimaginable damage to individuals and families for years that rarely come to light.

So when somebody burns down a house let's call them a vandal not an arsonist, right?

We have different words in language for a reason and it's so we can accurately convey what we want to say.

18 hours ago, farcanell said:

definitions differ, some link pedos with an age of 13 or younger. The girl is 14 now... but how old was she when the “molestation” started?

No they don't.  The dictionary definition states that paedophiles are attracted to pre-pubescent children.  It will always say the same thing, irrespective of which dictionary you read.

42 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I’ll be sure to reference wiki, just hope that information hasn’t changed by tomorrow. What with wiki being edited and updated by the public. 

You mean the same way every single website on the internet is edited and updated by the public?

1 minute ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

You mean the same way every single website on the internet is edited and updated by the public?

Yes, the US office of science (just one of thousands of examples) is edited and updated by the public. Reassuring, huh?

Did you really just ask me that question? 

Why dont you TV Sherlocks & Columbos wait until all the facts are in before roasting this guy. None of you have the facts or has any of this been proven in court. Its all speculation & heresay at the moment.

Your all just a bunch of old, cranky whinnies chomping at the bit with no facts. Get a life!

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, that’s very respectful of others’ cultures and all, but we base age of consent on science. Not opinions or the men-in-power’s whims. 

I thought age of consent was based on the people in powers whims.

Science would surely support the idea of 'consent after puberty', which is pretty much  what Thailand does. 

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I thought age of consent was based on the people in powers whims.

Science would surely support the idea of 'consent after puberty', which is pretty much  what Thailand does. 

Science would support the idea of mental maturity. Not the old saying, 'if there's grass on the pitch". 

Children develop physically at different rates. That doesn't mean because they look older that they are. Have you never met a child that looks older than they are and noticed that they're still just a child. 

17 hours ago, farcanell said:

Of course it matters how he is “tagged” or described.... how naive can you get.... at the moment we are talking about someone who is described as a person having an inappropriate relationship... that conjures up an opinion... a bias of some sort, regardless of who you are

if he had been described as a predatory child molestor, that would conjure up a different opinion in most people’s minds... generally a much worse opinion, so a different bias

bias is being manipulated by wording... and the word “inappropriate” can be construed in a number of ways, depending on a number of social factors or norms.... for example, a guy with two girls and a ladyboy as regular sex companions, might be considered to be in an inappropriate relationship by some, but not others... and it is not illegal. Ergo “inappropriate” does not, for some, imply any actual wrong doing, so therefore it’s arguably normalizing a practice (and... your arguing the point, so it’s arguable in your mind)

and if you think that he will get what he has coming, just because, then you haven’t been here long enough to comment... remembering that another poster researched this and found that he had been moved to this school, following another incident at the previous school. (A fact that would have been mentioned in this article, if as you say, the media are putting him under a microscope)

And.... please just don’t with suggestions of burning people alive as being something I would ascribe too... it’s a silly juvenile troll, at best.

Ok, we call him a pervert. Case closed.

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Science would support the idea of mental maturity. Not the old saying, 'if there's grass on the pitch". 

Children develop physically at different rates. That doesn't mean because they look older that they are. Have you never met a child that looks older than they are and noticed that they're still just a child. 

I've never met a female that's past puberty. who looked like she wasn't.

You seem confused, past puberty = adult, prepuberty = child.

And if you want to argue 'mental maturity', that would set the age of consent in Thailand at around 35 years old.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I've never met a female that's past puberty. who looked like she wasn't.

You seem confused, past puberty = adult, prepuberty = child.

And if you want to argue 'mental maturity', that would set the age of consent in Thailand at around 35 years old.

35 years old you must be joking, at least 45.