recommendations for thai language school in hua hin?

Jabers

hey can anyone recommend a good school to learn thai. i studied a bit in bangkok years ago but got lazy.

visa not required as i have marriage visa.

would like a school that focuses on pronunciation mostly. my last school in bangkok just kind of rushes people in out for visas and never really cared about speaking right.

if possible a school with younger students. i am early 30s, dont really enjoy being with 50-60+ year olds trying to learn language (sorry, dont mean it rude, just honest). but i know hua hia is full of old people so that may be tricky haha

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 7:13 PM, Seligne2 said:

I have never seen a Thai language school in HH and I have kept my eyes peeled for one. (But I have not done a full-scale search).

There are 2 on the busiest Road in Hua Hin and very close to the center of town

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 10:26 AM, darrendsd said:

There are 2 on the busiest Road in Hua Hin and very close to the center of town

i am sure i have saw them actually now that i think of it. i looked one of them up a long time ago and i try to avoid schools that are visa mills, as the teaching is not to teach, but just to get the education visa i find

4 hours ago, Jabers said:

i am sure i have saw them actually now that i think of it. i looked one of them up a long time ago and i try to avoid schools that are visa mills, as the teaching is not to teach, but just to get the education visa i find

Yes, I went there yesterday and found them. I am not sure if they are separate schools, but I talked to the folks at this one: http://www.thailanguagecentre.org/

On 2/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, Jabers said:

And what brings you this conclusion? They have classes that students are expected to attend, in these classes they have teachers that teach you Thai

If students don't wish to attend they pay extra however the students that do attend are taught what they pay to be taught

6 hours ago, darrendsd said:

And what brings you this conclusion? They have classes that students are expected to attend, in these classes they have teachers that teach you Thai

If students don't wish to attend they pay extra however the students that do attend are taught what they pay to be taught

my experience brings me to that conclusion from attending such schools full of ed visas. thats all.

13 hours ago, Jabers said:

my experience brings me to that conclusion from attending such schools full of ed visas. thats all.

And were they the Schools in Hua Hin? No so why make assumptions about all of them?

If you enrol you will be taught Thai in the classes, i'm not sure why you would think anything different?

If you were not taught Thai in the previous schools you attended I would suggest you report them to the MOE