Hostesses harassed at men-only charity gala in London - FT says

snoop1130

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

And how many of the girls made any complaint ?

Seems that is was just the undercover reporters .

The woman didnt seem to mind, its just the do-gooders getting offended on someone elses behalf

IMO, whoever made the decision to send in undercover reporters knew what it was going to be like and sought to capitalise on the current fad to attack men over almost anything.

I don't know if the "girls" minded, but unless I missed it none have made a complaint, so far, and may actually have known what it was going to be like before they agreed to work there.

The only thing that puzzles me is that in the current anti male environment, 2 undercover reporters were apparently so easily able to be inserted into a situation that was obviously going to be an non PC event. Were the organisers unaware, for some reason, of what is going on these days?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

So now because the feminist brigade have decided to join the bandwagon,  there will be no more parties as the presidents club is being closed down.  I think most of us have just had enough of this BS.

What the heck did they expect at a men only club   !!

I consider their whinging only makes them look stupid as we said, what did they think would happen.

It is not a men only club, it is a charity ball held at the Dorchester Hotel.  And I think it is the apologists who are in the minority, actually quite a small minority.  And what did who expect would happen?  The young women going for the job?  You mean did they not expect to be sexually assaulted considering there were only male guests?  Are you for real?

34 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Not a surprising comment from someone who thinks if a lady goes into a room alone with a customer then she is giving consent for sex whatever the circumstances 

I think it is more like .

If a lady goes to a room alone with a customer then he feels he can seek consent.

And she feels consent receives payment

Edited by lovelomsak

19 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What's pretty bad is a bunch of wealthy businessmen using a fund raising charity as a guise to have a quick grope.

Yes groping women that came hoping to capilise on men wanting to grope after having a few drinks. 

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It is not a men only club, it is a charity ball held at the Dorchester Hotel.  And I think it is the apologists who are in the minority, actually quite a small minority.  And what did who expect would happen?  The young women going for the job?  You mean did they not expect to be sexually assaulted considering there were only male guests?  Are you for real?

I don't know if it is or is not a "men only" club, but Britain has apparently gone to great lengths to stop men being allowed to have such, though I have no idea why women would want to join men only clubs, unless they just like being <deleted> minded.

27 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It is not a men only club 't is a charity ball held at the Dorchester Hotel.  And I think it is the apologists who are in the minority, actually quite a small minority.  And what did who expect would happen?  The young women going for the job?  You mean did they not expect to be sexually assaulted considering there were only male guests?  Are you for real?

They could have left at any time. sorry not buying their story, also their hasnt been any complaint filed by any female. No more donations going to the needy because of the reporter not the girls.

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

Yes groping women that came hoping to capilise on men wanting to grope after having a few drinks. 

Yes I know that's what you want to believe otherwise you have no argument. Sadly it's untrue and some of the women were there to support other means. 

We can agree to disagree of the interpretation.

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

I think it is more like .

If a lady goes to a room alone with a customer then he feels he can seek consent.

And she feels consent receives payment

You're deliberately missing the point. She always has the opportunity to say no at whatever stage. So people think otherwise. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO, whoever made the decision to send in undercover reporters knew what it was going to be like .......

Yes they knew what these rich and powerful men behave like under the guise of a charity event and chose to expose it. 

Good for them. 

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

So now because the feminist brigade have decided to join the bandwagon,  there will be no more parties as the presidents club is being closed down.  I think most of us have just had enough of this BS.

What the heck did they expect at a men only club   !!

I consider their whinging only makes them look stupid as we said, what did they think would happen.

I recall rent-a-dred having to barricade himself into a broom cupboard after being groped by 1000 Shirley Valentines in an all female audience....& all before the advent of social media or the dreaded (no pun intended) mobile evidence catcher!

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know if it is or is not a "men only" club, but Britain has apparently gone to great lengths to stop men being allowed to have such, though I have no idea why women would want to join men only clubs, unless they just like being <deleted> minded.

Its a hotel, there are gentlemen only clubs but this was a charity ball at a hotel that was a men only event, there is a difference.  And I don't know what you are referring to when you say that Britain has gone to great lengths to stop men being allowed to have men only clubs, for decades there have been a campaign to allow women into some clubs, but there are clubs that are still men only, not much has actually changed.  And the reason that some women want to join some of these clubs is clear, take for instance The Travelers Club, a club for diplomats from around the world but only open to men, it's absolutely ridiculous to exclude foreign diplomats who are women, in this case it is nothing about thinly veiled prostitution but actually about maintaining a male dominated elite, so it's obvious why women would want that stopped.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

They could have left at any time. sorry not buying their story, also their hasnt been any complaint filed by any female. No more donations going to the needy because of the reporter not the girls.

It doesn't matter whether or not the women were OK with being effectively pimped out, its illegal.

40 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Its a hotel, there are gentlemen only clubs but this was a charity ball at a hotel that was a men only event, there is a difference.  And I don't know what you are referring to when you say that Britain has gone to great lengths to stop men being allowed to have men only clubs, for decades there have been a campaign to allow women into some clubs, but there are clubs that are still men only, not much has actually changed.  And the reason that some women want to join some of these clubs is clear, take for instance The Travelers Club, a club for diplomats from around the world but only open to men, it's absolutely ridiculous to exclude foreign diplomats who are women, in this case it is nothing about thinly veiled prostitution but actually about maintaining a male dominated elite, so it's obvious why women would want that stopped.

so it's obvious why women would want that stopped.

Exactly. That's the real problem for women. Rather than do the dog work and start their own club to create an elite, they want to take over the men's elite. So much easier than having to do it themselves.

Anyway, it's not all women, just the ones that want to be in charge. The current bandwagon decrying all men for being horrible women harassers plays nicely into that scenario.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

so it's obvious why women would want that stopped.

Exactly. That's the real problem for women. Rather than do the dog work and start their own club to create an elite, they want to take over the men's elite. So much easier than having to do it themselves.

Anyway, it's not all women, just the ones that want to be in charge. The current bandwagon decrying all men for being horrible women harassers plays nicely into that scenario.

So, you think elites are a good thing within the diplomatic service?  Shows what you care about your country!

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Yes they knew what these rich and powerful men behave like under the guise of a charity event and chose to expose it. 

Good for them. 

If rich guys want to go the events like that , its up to them., if girls want to go to events like that , its up to them as well .

The only people who complained were the reporters (which was their reason for going there in the first place )

Why dont you and your type just get on with your own lives , instead of telling other people what they shouldnt be doing ?

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

You're deliberately missing the point. She always has the opportunity to say no at whatever stage. So people think otherwise. 

Yes a woman can say no at any time. But the more they play the guy the more he will test the waters.

No one was attacked or raped so I feel you miss the point. People interacting as consenting adults, all based around  the woman offering favors if the price is right. 

I did  not read any where in the article that stated any woman said no.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If rich guys want to go the events like that , its up to them., if girls want to go to events like that , its up to them as well .

The only people who complained were the reporters (which was their reason for going there in the first place )

Why dont you and your type just get on with your own lives , instead of telling other people what they shouldnt be doing ?

Why don't you follow your own advice and stop telling other people what they should be doing?

5 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Yes a woman can say no at any time. But the more they play the guy the more he will test the waters.

No one was attacked or raped so I feel you miss the point. People interacting as consenting adults, all based around  the woman offering favors if the price is right. 

I did  not read any where in the article that stated any woman said no.

I really should wait for the police investigation before apologizing further, it may turn out to be a very bad look indeed.

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Why don't you follow your own advice and stop telling other people what they should be doing?

Because he gives positive advice like mind your own business. These people he refers to just like making trouble.,in things that have nothing to do with them.

Edited by lovelomsak

1 minute ago, lovelomsak said:

I like to think of it as honest but hey take your cheap shots 

What is pathetic about the truth?

You are so little in control of yourself that you see a pimp and their prostitute as taking advantage of your weakness, quite the little victim.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You are so little in control of yourself that you see a pimp and their prostitute as taking advantage of your weakness, quite the little victim.

Hey now you are making sense.See any body can learn from forums

It all made sense except the part so little in control of yourself.Iwas not talking about myself I was referring to men in general.

Edited by lovelomsak

9 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Hey now you are making sense.See any body can learn from forums

It all made sense except the part so little in control of yourself.Iwas not talking about myself I was referring to men in general.

If only you could consider women's weaknesses.

Kieran ...  you just don't seem to get the logic here ...

*The women signed a NDA so they were aware it's ' what happens in presidents club stays in the presidents club'

* The women chose to accept the work for the night, no one forced them

* The women could say no at any time

* The woman could leave at any time they want too.

* No woman was assulted, forced to do anything they didn't want

They were in a mens only club, what did they think it was going to be like ... ' men sitting around drinking tea '  ????

The woman will look stupid if they logged a complaint ....

48 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If the people would stop telling other people what to do, there would be no need for me too stop telling them to stop telling other people what to do