Thaivisa exclusive: Norwegian man 'framed by Thai cops' says he has proof of innocence - he was in prison at the time of the crime

webfact

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think anyone is saying that "because it happened to me it must happen to every single other person', and why shouldn't people put their story out there?

In the name of research, I think every case of a farang getting done by their Thai partner should be put out there as a warning. More stories, not less.

If happy farangs want to put out their stories as well, excellent. The more information out there the better.

Why would anyone not want information out there for others to read?

Numerous comments not only on this forum, but on this thread have implied this. My comment you quoted that I was replying to was about this exact issue. 

I will clarify it for a second time seeing as you didn't understand again. If people are putting distorted views of processes purely due to irrational feelings they have from circumstances that could have been easily avoided if they had of 'researched' the place they were moving to then that is not useful for anyone. Like I said, I have had to post actual government policies before just to show what people are saying is complete garbage. How is that of any benefit or better to anyone? False information.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

Main reason I left Thailand. To me its the most undesirable place to buy a home and set up with a Thai spouse. Everything, is about money and especially to her family, buying a house and so on we all know the lines. I pop in 3 times a year on business although still like the Thai people even though their attitude to us Farangs stinks to high heaven. Nobody need rant n' rave about it happening everywhere - it doesn't in my view. Who the f0ck meets a new girlfriend then within a short period of time - starts supporting her Family.. W.t.F .....

Thai apologists eat your heart out hahaha

My circle of friends and vendors did not happen overnight.  It took a long time. 

Even some of my acquaintances who harp about money are still good people.  They just need to be reminded once in a while that smiles and watching a rainstorm is free. 

Edited by yellowboat

Reading these posts I wonder how people claim the risks of the country are so high (re corrupt officials, trust, being robbed, having mafia put guns to people's heads, a snail stealing all your savings etc) and at the same time continue to live here. That would just be silly, wouldn't it? Or is it really not that bad after all, and people's views are somewhat distorted for various other reasons?

Is this really the kind of garbage considered 'research' before deciding to move to Thailand? It's pretty simple, find out what and what you're not entitled to, find out exactly how much government processes/living costs are and make a logical decision based on credible research (not one sided stories that have probably come about through stupidity, rather than solely corruption).

Also have the financial discussion with the family of your partner. If you want to pay them, great, just don't complain about it at a later date. But by no means do you have to pay them anything. A good test for some people (obviously not all), if the motives are love or money. May mean dating someone older than your daughter. 

Personally, I chat to officials on a daily basis. I have never felt a fear that they will extort me for money, nor have I ever paid them money. 

On 26/01/2018 at 12:02 AM, wildewillie89 said:

Again, this is about expats. Not Thai people. I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up. 

You have come across many officials. I have come across zero in my formal dealings. I know many people who have and I know many people who haven't. Usually the people who haven't say if you follow the correct process of doing things there is no need to pay any corruption.

However, if someone does not understand the system or their partners don't have the faculties/lazy to follow basic processes then they will just get their husbands to pay to make the official do it for them.

If we are making it about Thai people, then have a look at the forums that Thai use who have farang husbands. Many comments say why bother following the system, just make him pay for it. That is more of a partner thing, as nearly always will an official let you do it the proper way and if they don't their are many avenues to take the matter down. 

If things like investing money in someone else's name, well that's the farangs own stupidity and a picking the wrong partner thing again. 

I would say those farang have a lack of knowledge, experience, planning and are moronic. If they are happy, then great, but those ones don't complain everyday. People with only positive stories don't feel the need to say every person will be like us, we say corruption can SOMETIMES rise it's head (usually out of ignorance) - as we have never experienced it when doing things properly.

So I don't see the need for negative people and people who haven't planned, to say just wait it will definitely happen to you because it happened to me. Similar to school days, failing doesn't feel so bad if everyone fails. 

From where do you purchase those rose petteled glasse. Although I’m  Very happy  that so far you’ve not been ripped off, but I believe it’d early day for you yet. You remind me of another blind Farang, when he first came here, he  always supported the Thais, In fact one evening in a local restaurant he even intervened to support and fight with some Thais in a fight with some Farangs. I asked him later “why” his response was that they were his friends. Go forward a few years, and he has completely changed his view, having spent a large amount of money and time trying unsuccessfully to fight those same Thais in a Thai court over some business deal. As a side fact, he is not an uneducated farang, having graduated from one of the leading U.K university. Learnt to speak fluent Thai within a couple of months. 

Him and people  saying he was innocent because he was in prison when they found the gun fail to take in the scenario that he was arrested/detained on one charge and then when officers were sent to search his  home/car for other eveidence found the gun. Could have been planted but doesn't prove he didn't own or knew about the gun or that he is innocent.

On 25.1.2018 at 12:27 AM, yellowboat said:

You should not put all your eggs in a Thai egg basket.  The Thai egg basket has a false bottom.  Pay as a go and expose yourself as little as possible in Thailand.

He wanted to live there full time not as an extended tourist ( as many do )

he found a good looking wife and a nice son...and he us wealthy ...from what I read nothing that happened is his fault he is the victim of a third world situation of the worst...strange enough is his wifes mind there must be something really wrong with her...there was another story about a business man that was cheated big in Phuket...also his wife exposed her damaged mind after  having kids with him...what's wrong with these women...

I read a story on stickman about a young guy who's thai gf was pregnant with his kid and before she gave birth admitted having a rich (ironically norwegian) farang bf. So she basically said they are over, kiss goodbye to ever seeing the kid, as she needs to pretend it's the other guys..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, free123 said:

He wanted to live there full time not as an extended tourist ( as many do )

he found a good looking wife and a nice son...and he us wealthy ...from what I read nothing that happened is his fault he is the victim of a third world situation of the worst...strange enough is his wifes mind there must be something really wrong with her...there was another story about a business man that was cheated big in Phuket...also his wife exposed her damaged mind after  having kids with him...what's wrong with these women...

Try looking from the point of view that a Thai woman marrying a "Rich" foreigner is  liable to become a target, encouraged to make poor choices, only to realise when already in too far.

On 2018-01-24 at 6:54 PM, hottrader77 said:

although some of his story may be true , I still think there is something he is hiding , such as how did he get 10 million baht ? he could have been a drug dealer in thailand and had a gun which could have been his own as a way of defending himself , also where was he when his wife was pregnant , if he was in jail for another offence ( undisclosed offence ) could have been for dealing drugs would you want him in your country if he was doing this ? also he tried to pay off police ( bribary ) he says he was innocent so why try pay police off , there is alot of smoke here without the fire , and he must have put alot of assets in his wifes name ( big mistake )) a person with his wealth should know better but maybe he did it because he wanted to hide things , he is now in bohol and supposed to be living on 3000 usd a month but yet he has money to go to the gym if i was desperate for funds i would do my fitness free of charge , jogging on fields or main roads , situps on beaches or in the back yard but no he pays to keep fi with no money ( something does not fit this story ) sorry keep him deported is my judgement on him , there are corrupt police here but its people like him that makes them corrupt as he admitted trying to corrupt them by offering money to them and his kid will be better off without a scruppulous person like him 

Wow!.... What's it like to be so wise?

On 25/01/2018 at 2:50 PM, hottrader77 said:

who said he got the money from norway ? he could have been a drug dealer in thailand and come here with no money , you do have people on the breadline in norway or did you not look on the sidewalk 

Never mind which planet. Think Universe