Prawit ‘not obliged to declare assets he didn’t own’

webfact

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

However, you will agree, "elected " seems to be the sticking point:neus:

Agree. Being elected doesn't give someone the right to then disregard the countries fundamental laws, lie, cheat, steal, grant themselves amnesty, allow illegal interference in government etc etc etc.  Hypocrisy at the highest. 

A good example being Mr. Hun Sen across the border. He's been elected and is all the above. Now it looks like the people have had enough he dissolves and imprisons the opposition, gets closer to China and moves speedily away from real democracy. 

Unfortunately, in third world countries those elected have a habit of only respecting democracy if they win!

I keep saying there should be an international competition for Comedians which Prayut/Thailand would win back to back.

I propose to also add Mental Gymnastics to that list, though the competition here would be might stronger.

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Now, everybody can see that Prawit is one of the good guys. He would never try to hide or not declare anything, due to that this is one of his duties as a public servant.

How low does people think, that a person would go to get as much as possible out of his time in power. This is outrageous!

Stamp your feet and shred your nightie. Outrageous.. Such an overused word.

2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Took them a while to come up with this. If it is the law why was it not used at the beginning of this farce. 

The 'Law' book is very thick and it took 'em a month to get to the 'watches borrowed from friends' page. Come to think of it, the law book readers are pretty thick as well.

As nobody in their 'right mind' believes that Prawit  does not own the watches how about looking in another direction.

Surely these watches would be insured and surely proof of their existence would be demanded. Maybe some insurance company employees know something. 

27 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

He ain't no fool....

Right lads!Anyone who thinks Gen Prawit is a fool take one pace forward!

No need to hurry, lads..

Yes, too true. The fact that he was beaten unconscious as an army recruit needn't necessarily and 100% certainly mean that Prawit's a fool . . . it just increases the likelihood.

Playing with fire here, and I really hope the fire starts boiling the Thai citizen's blood. Even my 16 year old heard about the Big P's comments yesterday in the network at school. That is regarding the watches and the little P. This was part of our dinner table topic, and apparently part of his school's as well. 

It is a point that they the military have the people scared, but this can only go on for so long. 

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

If someone accepted a free limo with a driver from a person seeking influence, it would be a crime under any anti-corruption regime anywhere in the world.

The watches were a thing of value to Prawit or else he would not have worn them (if they actually belong to another person).

This is giving a gift to an official and it is corruption. 

Period.

But "borrowing a watch" is not the same as "receiving a watch as a gift" and pretty much any court in "any anti-corruption regime anywhere in the world" would agree. I am surprised it took Prawit's legal beagle so long to state the bloody obvious IMHO.

Your opinion may be swayed by the countless thousands of Thai ladies that 'borrow' money from their foreign partners to acquire land and houses here? If the simple but regular act of foreigners agreeing to be party to the Land Office's frankly perjurious requirement to sign a piece of paper saying that the money used to purchase the land was a gift, we really should not be pointing fingers at the locals.

It is just a matter of time until the authorities recognize him as a saint. His intentions are always nothing but noble. LOL.

The watches did not belong to me. Neither do the chateaus overseas. Nor does the 5 billion dollars. None of it is mine. I swear. 

Deny. Obfuscate. Lie. Fabricate an alternative reality. Blame the media. Does any of this sound familiar?

And who lends a deputy PM a million dollar watch collection to wear? What is he, a supermodel? A movie star?

Edited by spidermike007

A watch company somewhere in the world knows that this is all BS, but no prises for guessing that they will not say a thing! Wouldn't it be wonderful if a disgruntled employee of one of these companies could dig up a receipt and make it public! No doubt the powers that be would deem it as fake or inadmissible. You know...the usual. This only shows that the NACC is absolutely under the control of the Junta and its only purpose is to go after those deemed as opponents to them staying in power. Could you imagine how this would have gone had Kuhn Yingluk been of meagre means and owned wheelbarrow loads of extravagantly expensive watches which she said were borrowed! I rest my case your honour.

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And who lends a deputy PM a million dollar watch collection to wear? What is he, a supermodel? A movie star?

Not necessarily. But you clearly move in different circles from me and my buddies Kanye (West), David (Beckham) and Carlos (Slim).

9 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

love his new 'name'

the Rolex General

the rest of the world must be having a laugh

I don't think they believed the excuse for the coup being to clear up corruption

Not only the rest of the world but many junta supporters now wake up to the fact that the coup was not about eradicating corruption and reconciliation. 

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is just a matter of time until the authorities recognize him as a saint. His intentions are always nothing but noble. LOL.

The watches did not belong to me. Neither do the chateaus overseas. Nor does the 5 billion dollars. None of it is mine. I swear. 

Deny. Obfuscate. Lie. Fabricate an alternative reality. Blame the media. Does any of this sound familiar?

"Deny,obfuscate,lie..."

Yes..but at least he is behaving within cultural norms...

Nothing more upsetting than to step outside of the usual behaviour and do something radically different.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

If Prawit had obtained the watches before he took government office, he would have to explain why he had failed to list them in his assets declaration, he added. If he acquired them after entering the Cabinet he would not have to declare them until he left, Worawit said.

Is this a nightmarish fantasy or an even worse reality?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

42 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Ah, so there will be no BRIBES and only loans from here on in.

Similar to the Rajabhakti Park case, where 10% "commissions" were paid to middlemen, including an army colonel and several amulet traders.

8 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Similar to the Rajabhakti Park case, where 10% "commissions" were paid to middlemen, including an army colonel and several amulet traders.

Guess which agencies did the investigation? And the chairman of that agency quickly appointed. Give u a clue who; Khun Watch.... newly appointed chair was in charge of the investigation. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

He can swear with a big smile on his face. Those assets most likely belong to offshore corporate entities. It's quite common nowadays everywhere on this planet, and Thailand is no exception.

For more information, Google Panama Papers, or the most recent case, Paradise Papers.

No no no... you no unnerstan, that 20 million in my Swiss bank account belongs to someone else.... I’m just using it.

the way the system has chosen to view this situation is more damning to the system than it is off Prawit... unbelievable!