Grisly accident as truck driver split into four parts on Bang Na - Trat highway

webfact

Grisly accident as truck driver split into four parts on Bang Na - Trat highway

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a 25 year old truck driver died as he was cut into four parts after his 18 wheeler collided with the expressway supports in the central reservation.

The accident happened at 2am this morning at kilometer 48 heading into Bangkok.

Sanguansak Phanthet was transporting three steel coils weighing a total of 30 tons to a factory.

He is believed to have fallen asleep at the wheel. After colliding with the pillar the coils were thrown forward into the cab resulting in the death of the driver.

In a graphic account Thai Rath said that Bang Pakong police were obliged to pick up parts of the victim from the roadway.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-25

Yep! Now everybody must learn the first lesson in driving and road manner.

Lesson 1: Do not sleep while driving. That can and may result in a terrible accident. If you feel tired drive in to the side of the road and rest for a while, before continuing your trip to your final destination.

End of lesson.

Unfortunately this driver missed the lesson and as a result he reached his final destination much earlier than expected.

Edited by Get Real

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

Lesson 2. Secure your load with chains/hold down straps to ensure it cannot shift in the event of an accident, don't just rely on gravity as so many do here.

Lesson 3 avoid obstacles, Ha!

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Lesson 2. Secure your load with chains/hold down straps to ensure it cannot shift in the event of an accident, don't just rely on gravity as so many do here.

Unfortunately even the chains would not hold that load when you get that sudden stop the chains actually break the welding and pull the tie rail off the vehicles

Good to see every thing back to normal on the roads after the 7 day blitz Cops are relaxing again drivers are just acting like idiots on the road and the death toll would be around 65 per day again Yep everything is back to normal

19 hours ago, Get Real said:

Lesson 1: Do not sleep while driving. That can and may result in a terrible accident. If you feel tired drive in to the side of the road and rest for a while, before continuing your trip to your final destination.

End of lesson.

Unfortunately this driver missed the lesson and as a result he reached his final destination much earlier than expected.

That's the way to go, pull up on the side of the road, turn all lights off, get your head down and wait for someone to plough into the back of you, a better idea would be to get to the nearest service area, park up and have a kip, in fact, plan your journey beforehand decide on rest points and use them. 

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

End of lesson.

Im pretty sure he slept through that lesson too!

6 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Truck drivers driving insane fast luckily no other dies in this case 

Truck driving would be one of the worst jobs you can ever think of In fact it would be on my  list of the most hated jobs i never would want to do? My most hated job list is 1/ House Painter No 2 Furniture Removalist  3 Gardener 4 Truck driver   In Australia truck drivers drive for insanely long hours and are very much underpaid. courteously  of greedy multi national  companies like the super market chains eg Woolworths,  Coles who want the cheapest ways of delivery so they can make more money. There has been some horrendous accidents in Australia due to the driver falling asleep because they are driving long hours. Maybe its the same situation here?

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

That's the way to go, pull up on the side of the road, turn all lights off, get your head down and wait for someone to plough into the back of you, a better idea would be to get to the nearest service area, park up and have a kip, in fact, plan your journey beforehand decide on rest points and use them. 

If somebody plough into the back of a roadside parked truck, then they are as bad as the people driving until they fall asleep. Are you sure that you are aware of that a car have front lights?
If not, I just gave you some essential information to bring into your thoughts before making a senseless comment. Although, if there is resting places and service areas that is also one of the choices a tired driver have.

Edited by Get Real

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Truck driving would be one of the worst jobs you can ever think of In fact it would be on my  list of the most hated jobs i never would want to do? My most hated job list is 1/ House Painter No 2 Furniture Removalist  3 Gardener 4 Truck driver   In Australia truck drivers drive for insanely long hours and are very much underpaid. courteously  of greedy multi national  companies like the super market chains eg Woolworths,  Coles who want the cheapest ways of delivery so they can make more money. There has been some horrendous accidents in Australia due to the driver falling asleep because they are driving long hours. Maybe its the same situation here?

Different strokes, I would consider painting, gardening, and driving three of my pleasures. I can certainly imagine much more soul destroying forms of employment.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:23 AM, Happyman58 said:

I would have thought that with the introduction of tachographs in Australia there would be a lot less driving over-long hours - tachographs are quite difficult to fiddle. I drove semis interstate for several years in Aus back in the 1970s when we just had log books (otherwise known as 'lie books'), mostly doing what was known back then as the 'kamikaze run' between Melbourne and Sydney. Back then, there was just a short stretch of freeway at either end of the route, with the rest of the Hume Highway being narrow and twisty (there was even the old wooden bridge at Gundagai still in operation when I first started that route). We were expected to do the run (about 600 miles - 1000 kilometres) overnight and then spend the following day driving round Sydney unloading and loading for the return trip, which was the following night. About 2 or 3 hours sleep in 24 was the norm - three return trips a week. All the drivers took 'beanies' - ephedrine tablets, to stay awake, but there were a lot of accidents due to drivers falling asleep at the wheel. And those interstate trucks were fast. They had to be to average 50 mph over the trip. One truck I drove, a Kenworth, was capable of a tad over 90 mph on the flat, fully loaded. Have an accident at that sort of speed in a truck, and it's Goodnight Vienna.

That said, I actually loved that job, hard though it was. I was young (mid-twenties) and fit, and enjoyed the challenge. I was one of only a couple of Poms who managed to break into the closed shop of interstate driving back then. Mostly, it was third-generation Aussies, and anyone else wasn't welcome.