Second notification of address.

Hi, am coming back to Thailand /Jomtien from my week in Penang ( tourist visa) on Saturday. I know I have to go to immigration on Monday morning, I went on arriving to Thailand in December and have my notification slip and all the papers needed. Questions, does my condo office also need to re do the online notification again  ?  Also, do I have to go through the whole rigmarole again , the queue waiting etc ? Thank you. 

Don't worry about what the condo office should be doing because if they aren't, there's nothing that you can do about it. They could even say they are just to keep you happy where in reality, they aren't doing it.

AFAIK, there's the dedicated 'check-in' office for parolees and pretty sure that it is getting busier and is now an intrinsic part of the 'take a number' routine. I would take the number, see how far down the line you are and check how fast they are churning bodies. Then judge if you have time for a smoke, coffee or a 'full english' next door before coming back in.

NanLaew, I wasn’t worrying about the condo office, they are super good, it was just to know if they “ have” to do it again  ? If not, then I don’t have to bother them Monday morning. My second question was do I have to do the whole queue thing again, ( left for 6 days in Penang) , even though I have the same address, and have my first Notification stapled in my passport ? Thanks. 

20 hours ago, geisha said:

Questions, does my condo office also need to re do the online notification again  ?  Also, do I have to go through the whole rigmarole again , the queue waiting etc ? Thank you. 

If the condo-office does the TM-30 for you (mine never did - 2 locations), then get a printout/screenshot of this to be sure they really did.  In that case, you don't need to go to the immigration office.  Take the printout when you go for an extension.

Otherwise, you should go on Monday and go through the whole rigmarole - according to what I was always told.  Others have been told other things - sometimes by different people in the office on the same day - so no telling what will happen - but you will have covered your backside.

Edited by JackThompson

Jomtien is one of those offices with not much consistency when it comes to TM30 etc. I have done a couple of extensions, 90 days, res certificates, left and come back, and a TM30  has never been mentioned. Others report a fine when trying to extend a visa exempt with no TM30.

If your condo block has the facility to report you online, get them to report you, staple in passport and you are done.

Edited by Peterw42

I got my 0A visa October 2016, went to Thailand for a holiday in January 2017 for 3 weeks. Then returned to live in Thailand in July 2017, 1st night was in a hotel then moved into my condo the 2nd day I was here. 3 different addresses before I went to do my first 90 day report. 

No problems what so ever. Don't understand why so many people want to keep going to immigration.

3 hours ago, berybert said:

Don't understand why so many people want to keep going to immigration.

Well, they could be masochists, but mostly people need to follow the rules set by the immigration office they have contact with. In Bangkok (or if never staying more than 90 days at a time, or requesting extensions to stay) the TM30 reports that are the main trouble can be ignored. Otherwise, TM30 notifications are probably necessary (possibly rarely, possibly every time you return home).

• Like 1