Live in housekeeper

Ivory

14 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Nonsense. A recommended maid will not grace your presence for 7k

Maybe you could scab one from a building site, give her a good wash and let her sleep in your home.

Just make sure you lock your bedroom door when her "brother" visits.

The 5 dogs would probably keep the "brother" in line.

Speaking of which, how much of the job involves looking after these dogs?

A neighbor of ours with 3 large canines had a lot of trouble keeping maids at standard rates because they expected them to pick up all the crap and generally clean up after these animals.

Dog carer adds a new dimension to a maids job.

10,000-12,000 is closer to a realistic figure....

But nobody, unless they have a true love of dogs, is going to stick around very long.....Especially if the OP is a dog nut and has them under foot all the time....It doubles & triples the work.....24 hours a day....

First other opportunity that comes along, they are gone....Hard enough to find a worker, let alone one that has to live in that type of an environment....  

5 hours ago, toughlove said:

At 7k she is going to walk as soon as a 10k gig comes along. Then the whole process starts again.

This will be an endless cycle especially when your whole life revolves around picking up dog shit

How much do you pay your maid, if you don't have one currently how much did you pay your most recent one in Thailand?

12 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Have you even bothered to read the thread, the OP is female looking for a replacement live in maid, not a sex partner/maid and she's been here for over 9 years!

Whatever, then this means the OP is seeking a full time house companion, server, housekeeper, dog carer and someone to guard the house while she`s away and delicate her time to the OP as a live in all inclusive for 7000 baht a month,  rising to 10000 baht a month if the person deems herself to be a loyal and obedient house maid to the OP.

I have to ask, unless absolutely destitute, would there be any young women desperate enough to take on a job like that, even in Thailand? Trust me, no chance. 

19 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Whatever, then this means the OP is seeking a full time house companion, server, housekeeper, dog carer and someone to guard the house while she`s away and delicate her time to the OP as a live in all inclusive for 7000 baht a month,  rising to 10000 baht a month if the person deems herself to be a loyal and obedient house maid to the OP.

I have to ask, unless absolutely destitute, would there be any young women desperate enough to take on a job like that, even in Thailand? Trust me, no chance. 

10,000 and room and board, Maybe includes some meals etc, and a motorbike provided. Thats a better deal than cashier at 7/11 at 10,000 a month and pay rent.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

10,000 and room and board, Maybe includes some meals etc, and a motorbike provided. Thats a better deal than cashier at 7/11 at 10,000 a month and pay rent.

Even if they work every day at the 7/11 at minimum wage, that's still only 9k a month. The 10k plus accommodation (say 3k a month), plus motor bike, (say 1k a month), plus days off (say 6 day work week) - on a like for like basis that equates to 538 baht a day! (14k/26 days). You guys who say it's a pittance that only the destitute would take on, haven't done your math!!!

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The difference is that a 7/11 cashier has her own life outside her working hours. A live in maid is actually 24hrs standby.

11 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The difference is that a 7/11 cashier has her own life outside her working hours. A live in maid is actually 24hrs standby.

There is the potential for that but only if the maid doesn't clarify hours up front, easily done.

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

There is the potential for that but only if the maid doesn't clarify hours up front, easily done.

Besides what the OP has failed to take into consideration that she`ll have a complete stranger in her home and left alone with her dogs if she is out, she will not get a 24 hour companion and housekeeper for the money she is offering.

Better still, the OP could advertise for a live in house mate, someone who shares the bills with her and lives in the home on equal terms, maybe offer free use of utilities if the house mate babysits the dogs on occasions. Anyway, good luck.

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Besides what the OP has failed to take into consideration that she`ll have a complete stranger in her home and left alone with her dogs if she is out, she will not get a 24 hour companion and housekeeper for the money she is offering.

Better still, the OP could advertise for a live in house mate, someone who shares the bills with her and lives in the home on equal terms, maybe offer free use of utilities if the house mate babysits the dogs on occasions. Anyway, good luck.

The OP writes that she wants a live in maid, not a 24 hour companion, nor is she looking for bill share etc..

And at an effective 538 baht a day she'll have plenty of takers.

I am led to believe the average labourers wage is around 300 baht per day.

So that 9k for a month (roughly).

If this helper gets free accommodation/power and maybe some food then it begins to play out in their favour.

5 Dogs can take a bit of time/work. But we don't know the whole story.  Does the OP have a big yard? Do the dogs need additional exercise? Are they healthy? Are they pure bred or mongrels? 

A lot of scenerios can result.  Who pays for the dogs welfare/food/vet care etc....

Some dogs are easily looked after whereas others can be rather fickle.

Time will play out and maybe the OP will change her tune (Or rate of pay) dependant on responses or lack thereof.

I wish her good luck in her endeavours.

9 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

I am led to believe the average labourers wage is around 300 baht per day.

So that 9k for a month (roughly).

That is for an 8 hour day, if he wants her on call 24 hours a day, he would have to triple those wages

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is for an 8 hour day, if he wants her on call 24 hours a day, he would have to triple those wages

Well that's simple math isn't it,  but in reality it rarely works out that way (Even in the West).

Hell if it was triple time/wages I'd be tempted to apply.....subject to work permit/visa naturally?

I suppose at the end of they day it comes down to what the OP is willing to pay and what a potential worker is willing to accept.

Sometimes beggers can't be choosers.

One does not always get what one pays for too...probably very applicable in Thailand.  Finding 'good' workers is difficult, and retaining them is another matter.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, toughlove said:

Nonsense. A recommended maid will not grace your presence for 7k

Maybe you could scab one from a building site, give her a good wash and let her sleep in your home.

Just make sure you lock your bedroom door when her "brother" visits.

Thats's not a bad idea..

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Old Croc said:

The 5 dogs would probably keep the "brother" in line.

Speaking of which, how much of the job involves looking after these dogs?

A neighbor of ours with 3 large canines had a lot of trouble keeping maids at standard rates because they expected them to pick up all the crap and generally clean up after these animals.

Dog carer adds a new dimension to a maids job.

Did I mention housemaid has to look after my dogs? and she has no "brother"

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, toughlove said:

Some people have no class.

7k is below minimum wage. If you want to attract scum that can't even give a reference and could be dodgy characters then go for it.

I wouldn't do that even for one cat let alone have them in my house with 5 dogs

It's foolish and a recipe for disaster.

You WILL NOT get a recommended maid with a reference for 7k!

Are you even in Thailand or just having 3rd world dreams?

Who said didn't get recommended with a reference for 7K?  GOT MANY..you think 7K comes with no benefit?

Health insurance and 1000baht weekly shopping money are added up. Figure it out how much monthly wages

Who said didn't get recommended with a reference for 7K?  GOT MANY..you think 7K comes with no benefit?
Health insurance and 1000baht weekly shopping money are added up. Figure it out how much monthly wages
Lol sorry but your wriggling. So now it's not 7k. Why waste everyone's time?

1 hour ago, Ivory said:

Did I mention housemaid has to look after my dogs? and she has no "brother"

Well, yes you did, in your opening post.

someone willing to do house job and help me looking after 5 dogs,

My remark about a brother was in response to toughlove's post #30.

Incidentally, if you're still looking for a maid how would you know if the eventual "winner" has brothers or not? 

You remind me very much of a former poster from CM.

1 hour ago, toughlove said:
1 hour ago, Ivory said:

Lol sorry but your wriggling. So now it's not 7k. Why waste everyone's time?

And you my friend are trying to make something out of nothing, there's nothing new in what the OP has told us that hasn't been described before. And since you didn't answer my earlier questions about your maid I can only assume you've never had one, that in addition to having never lived in Thailand and instead to have only vacationed here, ergo, you know nothing about this topic.

Archived