Live in housekeeper

Ivory

3 minutes ago, Ivory said:

Thanks davehowden.

Live in housekeeper needed younger than 30yrs old if possible. 7000THB for first 3 months, motorbike provided, no children but 5 dogs, Hang Dong area. Great environment

What would her age matter? You are looking for a younger person, who would tend to be less responsible, for a position of responsibility? And 7000 baht per month is not very much - - you might have better luck with an older lady who lives nearby... 

unless of course, you are more interested in special privileges than taking care of your home/dogs... 

58 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

What would her age matter? You are looking for a younger person, who would tend to be less responsible, for a position of responsibility? And 7000 baht per month is not very much - - you might have better luck with an older lady who lives nearby... 

unless of course, you are more interested in special privileges than taking care of your home/dogs... 

More comfortable around the house with another female almost my age rather than an older lady treats me like her daughter. Salary will go up to 10000 after 3months...

57 minutes ago, Ivory said:

More comfortable around the house with another female almost my age rather than an older lady treats me like her daughter. Salary will go up to 10000 after 3months...

ok - more info helps - 

But still - I think an older lady will be likely to treat you with the respect of an employee... first. 

Also if it is a full time position, 7000 baht is less than minimum wage. Imagine yourself in your home country and going for a job - if someone said I will give you 30% less than the lowest pay possible, then if you prove yourself, advance you to bare minimum... It does not sound appealing. 

It seems the only person you might attract would be someone who could not even keep a minimum wage job... you will be choosing amongst the bottom of the barrel. Is this what you want? 

12,000 to 15,000 a month would be a fairer salary for a live in maid. Plus medical coverage and bonus's. For a cheaper option many Thai's will go the Burmese route and pay them pittance. I do agree with a previous poster, a local older lady would be your best option.

14 hours ago, Ivory said:

Going rate for live in young desirable so-called housekeeper to stay with Farlang, 15000/20000 baht a month with food provided on top, from 20000 to 30000 baht per month, some now asking for 40000 baht per month,  if she sleeps with you and food on top of that. I know I`ve tried.

Also beware, some are married women sent by their husbands or Thai boyfriends or single women that have debts to pay off, they will tell you they`re prepared to work for you for the long term, but once paid after the first or second month will be gone. Others will thieve from you at every available opportunity and also could have STDs or even aids.  

Go to the Chiang Mai Land. There is a Thai newspaper office that places ads for local Thais around Chiang Mai. Place an ad in their newspaper, for a small fee, in Thai, that`s how you`ll find one.

3 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Yes and she joined Oct 26 2012, a sleeper troll, how devious.

Anyone that waits 63 months to spring ``recommend a housekeeper``type post has really put a lot of effort in to disrupting this forum

I have a housekeeper for 9 years, she is going to get married next month. She is earning 15000baht+ health insurance + weekly shopping money. Don't understand some people bother reply, if my post disrupting/annoying just remove/delete it , simple. Don't waste time reply.

6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Going rate for live in young desirable so-called housekeeper to stay with Farlang, 15000/20000 baht a month with food provided on top, from 20000 to 30000 baht per month, some now asking for 40000 baht per month,  if she sleeps with you and food on top of that. I know I`ve tried.

Also beware, some are married women sent by their husbands or Thai boyfriends or single women that have debts to pay off, they will tell you they`re prepared to work for you for the long term, but once paid after the first or second month will be gone. Others will thieve from you at every available opportunity and also could have STDs or even aids.  

Go to the Chiang Mai Land. There is a Thai newspaper office that places ads for local Thais around Chiang Mai. Place an ad in their newspaper, for a small fee, in Thai, that`s how you`ll find one.

Have you even bothered to read the thread, the OP is female looking for a replacement live in maid, not a sex partner/maid and she's been here for over 9 years!

Have you even bothered to read the thread, the OP is female looking for a replacement live in maid, not a sex partner/maid and she's been here for over 9 years!
You would think after living here for 9 years she would be clued up but she is clueless. 7k? Seriously cringe worthy.

17 minutes ago, toughlove said:
32 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

You would think after living here for 9 years she would be clued up but she is clueless. 7k? Seriously cringe worthy.

Not at all, I've been here 16 years and there are loads of things I don't know how to do any longer, simply because I've not had to do them for a long time, cooking for one!

Not at all, I've been here 16 years and there are loads of things I don't know how to do any longer, simply because I've not had to do them for a long time, cooking for one!
Nonsense. Any body living here for 9 years is absolutely aware of the minimum wage.

Maybe she could get a maid from one of the lost tribes in Papua new Guinea for 7k[emoji23]

1 minute ago, toughlove said:

Nonsense. Any body living here for 9 years is absolutely aware of the minimum wage.

Maybe she could get a maid from one of the lost tribes in Papua new Guinea for 7kemoji23.png

Sorry, I didn't realise your issue was minimum wage.

That being the case, however, whilst 7k is low it's not out of bounds entirely since it includes accommodation, transportation and if it were to include food also, would be an OK deal for a younger maid on a 3 month trial basis. &K plus the benefits mentioned comes out at above minimum wage I would guess.

Sorry, I didn't realise your issue was minimum wage.

That being the case, however, whilst 7k is low it's not out of bounds entirely since it includes accommodation, transportation and if it were to include food also, would be an OK deal for a younger maid on a 3 month trial basis. &K plus the benefits mentioned comes out at above minimum wage I would guess.

Minimum wage is for garbage collectors. Certainly not for a person that you would trust with your family or in this case 5 dogs.

Also the maid would need to have a grasp of the English language and be well presented

So many farang are living in a bubble unaware of their surroundings. Thailand is no longer a 3rd world dump. Now if you want quality YOU GOTTA PAY

2 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Minimum wage is for garbage collectors. Certainly not for a person that you would trust with your family or in this case 5 dogs.

Also the maid would need to have a grasp of the English language and be well presented

So many farang are living in a bubble unaware of their surroundings. Thailand is no longer a 3rd world dump. Now if you want quality YOU GOTTA PAY

I don't entirely agree, I think a lot of farangs simply drive up prices by assuming what you've assumed, that's why in part there's a dual pricing system whereby farangs pay more for lots of different things! 

You have to remember that decent work opportunities for young Thai females who don't have a degree are very limited, the opportunity to work for a farang woman in a secure environment is going to be attractive to many.

I don't entirely agree, I think a lot of farangs simply drive up prices by assuming what you've assumed, that's why in part there's a dual pricing system whereby farangs pay more for lots of different things! 

You have to remember that decent work opportunities for young Thai females who don't have a degree are very limited, the opportunity to work for a farang woman in a secure environment is going to be attractive to many.
Your right if you want the lowest class of uneducated dumbest from a remote farm in isaan.

Well done to you if your happy with that. Maybe you could communicate by drawing pictures? [emoji16]

14 minutes ago, toughlove said:

You must not read this forum much.  If you did you would know there are a lot of things folks are not aware of or mistaken about.

4 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Minimum wage is also for the people who bring you food, cook it and wash your dishes, the people who build the structures you use and visit, the people in whose hands you put your life.

Why does the maid have to have a grasp of English?  She needs to be well presented to feed the dogs?  

You have a twisted view that somehow the amount of pay is related to the quality of the person.  Have another look at the business and government leaders who are greedy scum raking in the cash.

1 minute ago, toughlove said:

Your right if you want the lowest class of uneducated dumbest from a remote farm in isaan.

Well done to you if your happy with that. Maybe you could communicate by drawing pictures? emoji16.png

I don't know if you've ever been to Thailand but in the North, there is an ample supply of females up to age 30 years who have finished high school and speak other languages apart from Thai, all to various levels of proficiency. In nearby Lamphun there's a series of business parks containing foreign, mostly Japanese clean engineering companies and these are all staffed by the type of people I describe, most are on minimum wage and not one is a farm girl and all have graduated from high school!

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I don't know if you've ever been to Thailand but in the North, there is an ample supply of females up to age 30 years who have finished high school and speak other languages apart from Thai, all to various levels of proficiency. In nearby Lamphun there's a series of business parks containing foreign, mostly Japanese clean engineering companies and these are all staffed by the type of people I describe, most are on minimum wage and not one is a farm girl and all have graduated from high school!

Can’t help thinking that you are describing the exceptions rather than the norm.

Minimum wage is also for the people who bring you food, cook it and wash your dishes, the people who build the structures you use and visit, the people in whose hands you put your life.

Why does the maid have to have a grasp of English?  She needs to be well presented to feed the dogs?  

You have a twisted view that somehow the amount of pay is related to the quality of the person.  Have another look at the business and government leaders who are greedy scum raking in the cash.

Some people have no class.

7k is below minimum wage. If you want to attract scum that can't even give a reference and could be dodgy characters then go for it.

I wouldn't do that even for one cat let alone have them in my house with 5 dogs

It's foolish and a recipe for disaster.

You WILL NOT get a recommended maid with a reference for 7k!

Are you even in Thailand or just having 3rd world dreams?

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Can’t help thinking that you are describing the exceptions rather than the norm.

The factories I mentioned in Lamphun must employ several thousand of such people!

I think though that our opinions on this aspect are probably determined to a large extent by where we live and what we see, as well as who and what we know, my strongest guess is that people living in Pattaya and Bangkok  (and I'm not bashing) wouldn't see the same things people see living in say Chiang Mai.

The factories I mentioned in Lamphun must employ several thousand of such people!

I think though that our opinions on this aspect are probably determined to a large extent by where we live and what we see, as well as who and what we know, my strongest guess is that people living in Pattaya and Bangkok  (and I'm not bashing) wouldn't see the same things people see living in say Chiang Mai.
Your home is not a factory. You really want someone sleeping there that has no English and no reference?

You think a recommend maid that speaks English would work for 233 baht a day? That's a 3rd world wet dream [emoji23]

my friends in hong kong have maids, there the government has strict laws to prevent the exploitation of household staff - sadly no such protection is available here so it is up to each individual to make their own moral judgements. to be offering a salary below the minimum wage is not a good start.

22 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Your home is not a factory. You really want someone sleeping there that has no English and no reference?

You think a recommend maid that speaks English would work for 233 baht a day? That's a 3rd world wet dream emoji23.png

You are the only person who keeps talking about having no English and no references, it's entirely possible she will have both those things and/or that the OP is fluent in Thai. You appear to have very little knowledge or understanding of Thailand overall.

EDIT TO ADD: FWIW we employ local people in different capacities from time to time, one man is great with the garden and trees and we pay him 400 baht per day and he has the run of the place and he's proven himself very trustworthy.

You are the only person who keeps talking about having no English and no references, it's entirely possible she will have both those things and/or that the OP is fluent in Thai. You appear to have very little knowledge or understanding of Thailand overall.

EDIT TO ADD: FWIW we employ local people in different capacities from time to time, one man is great with the garden and trees and we pay him 400 baht per day and he has the run of the place and he's proven himself very trustworthy.
Nonsense. A recommended maid will not grace your presence for 7k

Maybe you could scab one from a building site, give her a good wash and let her sleep in your home.

Just make sure you lock your bedroom door when her "brother" visits.

Archived