EXCLUSIVE: David of ‘90 Day Fiancé’ on life after marrying young Thai girlfriend on TV

snoop1130

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Hate to break this to you - but an unknown, far older person only appeals because they are 'brilliant' in their academic/fame field.

Otherwise, they are only with the far older person for the money.

You gotta love all the old dudes posting on this thread about how theirs is different, are educated, are wealthy, (white skinned, good family and hiso seems to have lost impetus recently) when I bet the girl in the OP is probably prettier and younger than theirs .......... she certainly wins against mine.

Wow,,  she looks happy !!   NOT..  alot to do with where you meet the girl ??  If a bar girl that has had hundreds of men and probably a couple already sending her money each month,  chances are your relationship is doomed..  

If a Thai girl that has a business or some sort of life already then I think a good chance it will work out..

But there is the exceptions to everything.  !!!   Just be bloody carefully before  buying a girl a house as it will be in her name and if it all turns to shit when your money gone then you walk away with nothing....  

And I'm sure many men  have personally found that out ...  

3 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

I'm 45, my wife is 26.  Happily married 7 years.  2 great kids.  Why are folks so negative on Thaivisa about Western/Thai marriages??!

Lots of us get it right (including me, happily) but that's not the narrative people want to hear, they much prefer the tragic stories that replicate the ones they read in the classic 'thai cons farang' novels. There's probably more chance of getting it wrong than getting it right admittedly, but that doesn't mean every relationship is doomed. Remember Thaivisa forum will be full of those who have failed to get it right and become embittered and cynical, they love posts like this where they can mock everyone because they are 'so enlightened' now :laugh:

I have the same age gap as you with my lady (19 years) and couldn't be happier. She hardly drinks, doesn't like bars and is reserved in front of strangers, but makes me laugh all day every day. Life is good :smile:

13 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

300K sounds a bit much, I only paid 100K for mine ....... is yours really worth 3x as much?

Did you forget to haggle?

(no wedding party or rings either, spent 50bht at the Amphur wedding, with a romantic 100bht dinner for 2 after)

No, I didn't haggle... sheeesh

Not only do I think mine's worth the 300kthb, but I would have paid much more if asked. Like I said, a western wedding alone would have cost a lot more...

In the end I'm not paying for her which seems to be the theme of the thinking, but I'm donating it to her parents for doing such an amazing job in bringing up such a wonderful girl...

In my opinion, I'm blessed... sorry for y'alls misery.

12 minutes ago, MeHere said:

Not only do I think mine's worth the 300kthb, but I would have paid much more if asked. Like I said, a western wedding alone would have cost a lot more...

I don't know, I never felt the urge to pay 500k for a 200k car, no matter how good the paint job looked.

I guess it takes all sorts!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Too many foreigners get duped by the old sinsot scam and even fork out for previously married (sin sot already) kids and even ex bar girls, utter madness. No Thai would ever do such a thing, unless as stupid as as some falangs. Laughable how they try to justify being cheated by seeing it as a thank you for bringing their own child up, how crazy is that?

Edited by Orton Rd

28 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You gotta love all the old dudes posting on this thread about how theirs is different, are educated, are wealthy, (white skinned, good family and hiso seems to have lost impetus recently) when I bet the girl in the OP is probably prettier and younger than theirs .......... she certainly wins against mine.

Here's my better half and me (the old dude)... Different, a little educated but smart enough, not wealthy but makes her own money, but she thinks she's black... I think she's kind of a yummy light brown

image.png.df539bdcf262c49eea05a17a133a384e.png

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Is that the loud voice of experience speaking or are you just pulling a percentage out of thin air?

I have a number of farang friends and most of them, including me,  have been in relationships/marriage with Thai women and still going after many years. There are always ups and downs in any relationship, but that is quite normal.

You paint the picture with too broad a brush I feel. Yes, there are many gold diggers and opportunist females out there, sometimes no more than anywhere else in the world. There are also many conniving and less than worthy men.

If a grown man often many years older than his partner acts foolishly with his finances, then that is his own fault.

But, as I say, in my experience many Thai/ farang partnerships seem to work. It's not always take on the Thai side.

However, I do concede too many western men enter relationships with eyes wide closed.

You can laugh or snigger you people as much as you like but you ratcatcher are right.I came over here at the age of 69 and am now 81 In the first yr I had my fling then settled down and married a lovely and loving Udon Thani lady of 42 and we have had a good time--- Few ups and downs but never over money.That was settled at the beginning .With the small fortune that have still got most of,  I can enjoy them much more than I would be able to than in my home country New Zealand,and my wife is very happy to get someone in the family to do the work in her share of the family rice farm and to me thats her contribution to our relationship,not having ever to buy rice.                                                                                                                        I go to see her family in her ex village and they call in to see us when in town.I am a very moderate drinker of beer and Sangsom,and I gave up smoking in NZ just over 50 yrs.I have just sold my car as traffic turns every trip into a frustrating all day job,anyway I have always Having been listening to all the hard  luck and sometimes naive stories for the last 10 yrs or more over unhappy and sometimes disastrous relationships I thought I would turn the tables and give you a glance at the other side of what life can be like.So from my Wife and myself and  my motorbikes ( we now have 3 of them.) I say just take a little care in the beginning and if you have any doubts walk away. Dougal

Edited by biplanebluey
Part missed out,To you Daveyh hope this is the kind of reply you wanted to see---- and there's no BS

2 minutes ago, MeHere said:

Here's my better half and me (the old dude)... Different, a little educated but smart enough, not wealthy but makes her own money, but she thinks she's black... I think she's kind of a yummy light brown

image.png.df539bdcf262c49eea05a17a133a384e.png

Yeah, she's a nice looking girl, but you don't look too bad yourself, so you shouldn't have had to pay so much.

Me and mine are more like Quasimodo and Esmeralda, so the 100k I paid was a bargain.

When you buy yourself a wife, you really need to compare your SMVs (sexual market values). 

2 hours ago, Roelf said:

I propose you lower the chance of failure to 99.98% . I count myself as the 0.01%  difference. I have been with my lady for three years. We are VERY VERY happy. We got married two years ago. I am 76, she is 57. She has two adult children, both in college.

What are the secret, not so obvious ingredients for happiness with a Thai lady?  Number ONE.... if you are 20 or more years older, there is likely not going to be LOVE from your lady for YOU. Lots of love for your money, lots of love for your security, your life style, her standing in the community, etc. etc.   There is a reasonable chance that she will be a good caretaker, as long as you provide the above.

Number TWO....... Find a lady who is financially independant, has e "real" job (no bar girl) or runs her own business. A lady whose goal is not financial security, but happiness. She does not think all day of family, survival, image etc.  She can think of herself, her happiness and how you together can make her happiness better.  In the process she will make YOU very happy.

number THREE ..... do not get married at the amphoe There is NO reason in the world that makes sense to get married, (maybe the village marriage is OK. ).  You can always get offially married after a couple of years of happiness.

Number FOUR ...... beauty is only skin deep.  Do not pick the beauty queen. She knows it too and outside beauty does not last.  You should LIKE  her face , but it should be because you see her soul in her face.

I am lucky, my wife has a sexy body, even at 57. This is Thailand.

good luck

'if you are 20 or more years older, there is likely not going to be LOVE from your lady for YOU.'

Says the man who is 19 years older than his wife. Just yanking your chain, kind sir. Enjoyed your post, and wish you both continued happiness. A lot of wisdom in your post.

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Yeah, she's a nice looking girl, but you don't look too bad yourself, so you shouldn't have had to pay so much.

Me and mine are more like Quasimodo and Esmeralda, so the 100k I paid was a bargain.

When you buy yourself a wife, you really need to compare your SMVs (sexual market values). 

100k gets u a trip to bali for a month and a boogie board or surfboard and can hang with upscale japanese gals that are not leeches. can likely have a ltr with one also

This all comes down to the question of why a dog licks his balls? Because he can.

LOS is a place an older farang can settle down with a beautiful lady half his age. Is the lady attracted to his wealth? Absolutely just like anywhere on the planet. Do a high percentage of these relationships fail? Absolutely just like anywhere on the planet. Would you prefer having sex, a relationship with hot 30 year old Thai lady or a 62 year old divorcee from Ohio. Just like the dog we are here because we can !

2 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

you prefer having sex, a relationship with hot 30 year old Thai lady or a 62 year old divorcee from Ohio. 

I've done both, but the divorcee was only 60 and from Cornwall.

30 year old Thai lady was much more fun, but less of a conversationalist.

6 hours ago, Zikomat said:

When somebody marries a girl that is 20-30 years younger than him and "do not expect to be lied to, cheated or robbed by them" - he must be a kind of delusional idiot who deserves what he gets at the end. 

I do agree with you on that. My wife is 21 years younger than me and doesn't lie about important things, hasn't cheated or robbed me in the 25 years we have known each other.

Yes I did deserve what I got. A good loving wife and a great 13 year old son.

I must be one of those delusional idiots that you speak about and I have a good life.

How is your life BTW?

My current girlfriend is half my age (29), beautiful body and face from Issan village, hates to leave the condo, cooks great and cleans ok not great, and has great sex 24/7 upon demand.  Yes I pay her a monthly sum and all the bills and yes I still go out with the boys sometimes. When I go out she makes sure I have the best sex before I leave and after I get home. We are both happy and secure.  I simply would not trade this life for any other life. For those guys that say I am missing out I am horny and she needs some cash so why do you care and we get along well? By the way I tried the ever lasting love  marriage and lived for years with no sex and an expensive divorce and political correctness so my current relationship to me is heaven for both of us and when it is not it is over. We talk honestly about our needs and she needs some cash and security and a kind man and I need a smoking hot babe who is good in bed and can cook and is pleasant to be around and fun.  Peace 

Edited by Wake Up

6 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

300K sounds a bit much, I only paid 100K for mine ....... is yours really worth 3x as much?

Did you forget to haggle?

(no wedding party or rings either, spent 50bht at the Amphur wedding, with a romantic 100bht dinner for 2 after)

I thought you had posted you married a very young lady that had been a dancer in a bar.  If that was the case, I am sure his wife is worth 3x as much. 

100k for sinsod ?  less than an entry level quality watch, 3 cellphones or a new vespa scooter.

1 hour ago, isaanbanhou said:

I thought you had posted you married a very young lady that had been a dancer in a bar.  If that was the case, I am sure his wife is worth 3x as much. 

100k for sinsod ?  less than an entry level quality watch, 3 cellphones or a new vespa scooter.

Not me ........... used goods, but not that used.

5 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I've done both, but the divorcee was only 60 and from Cornwall.

30 year old Thai lady was much more fun, but less of a conversationalist.

Have seen that many times in restaurants around Pattaya.

Old farang with young girl not talking to eachother AT ALL during their dinner, not a word. 

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Have seen that many times in restaurants around Pattaya.

Old farang with young girl not talking to eachother AT ALL during their dinner, not a word. 

But you have never seen the same age older couples in USA doing the same. Or younger couples anywhere both set of eyes glued to their own smartphones talking to anyone they would rather be with. I for one rather enjoy a quiet dinner without insistent babbling. My ex is 60 and the talking part was over about 45, about the same time as the sex.

7 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

But you have never seen the same age older couples in USA doing the same. Or younger couples anywhere both set of eyes glued to their own smartphones talking to anyone they would rather be with. I for one rather enjoy a quiet dinner without insistent babbling. My ex is 60 and the talking part was over about 45, about the same time as the sex.

#MeToo

22 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Is that the loud voice of experience speaking or are you just pulling a percentage out of thin air?

I have a number of farang friends and most of them, including me,  have been in relationships/marriage with Thai women and still going after many years. There are always ups and downs in any relationship, but that is quite normal.

You paint the picture with too broad a brush I feel. Yes, there are many gold diggers and opportunist females out there, sometimes no more than anywhere else in the world. There are also many conniving and less than worthy men.

If a grown man often many years older than his partner acts foolishly with his finances, then that is his own fault.

But, as I say, in my experience many Thai/ farang partnerships seem to work. It's not always take on the Thai side.

However, I do concede too many western men enter relationships with eyes wide closed.

Yep ! I've been married to my Lao wife for 25 years in July .... and most of my my friend  in Laos have also been married for leangthy periods   .... so I'm not quite sure what our friend is going on about ?