SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Nickymaster said:

How many red states/areas have gone to the dems since Trump was elected.

Your question doesn't even make any sense. Each state has hundreds of political offices, powerful and minor. We'll see something definitive in the MIDTERMS. 

The current polling is very encouraging for the democrats in states, and in congress, and the democrats are likely to retake the house, but retaking the senate will be much more of a long shot. Of the ten competitive senate races, the democrats need to win nine. It's actually possible which tells a lot. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

my god that is such bullshit.  You folks just label anything as white supremacist just to try to shut up normal people.  A Cuck has nothing to do with racism in any shape or form.  Trump 2020 KEEP AMERICA GREAT.........

You don't make America great by bankrupting the country.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TGIR said:

I have been an American since I was born 74 years ago so this is my business too.  I'm sick and tired of all the Trump bashing going on.  Why don't you folks who can't stand our President just shut the hell up and wait for your turn at the wheel again?  Have some respect for a change.

Hopefully if you've actually reached the age of 74, you would have reached an understanding and respect for differences in opinion.

I'd also hoped you would  cherish the right of your fellow Americans to express themselves freely.

I hope there'd be a point where we could reach a mutual understanding.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

Yeah I meant special elections

Generally, the upset wins that have occurred have been democratic upset wins or much closer for them than normal expectations based on the locality. Like I said, very encouraging, but the proof is in the big leagues, the midterms. 

There is a national poll of generic republican vs. generic democrat. The republicans have been trending up on that but still trailing significantly. They could trend even more and still lose badly but it's impossible to know the political feeling in November. Like there could be a war going, for example. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

I like the way Trump upsets the Europeans but now wants their help in confronting China, good luck with that,Trump has shown us that America can't be relied on, the future is India and China. Since Tarifs are being put on cars made in America BMW (its biggest factory is in America) will no longer export X3's from America, it has decreased production there and increased it in South Africa and elsewhere, another shot in the foot.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

With the exception of Virginia, there haven't been statewide elections that would shift a state from red to blue.  Virginia was close; the majority voted for Democrats, but due to gerrymandering the result came out in favor of the Republicans when they "won" a tied election by drawing lots (actually plastic canisters, for some reason).  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-election-results-lottery-drawing-house-of-delegates-david-yancy-winner-virginia-house-seat/

Good answer. From the way he asked the question, I wasn't clear what he was talking about specifically. State legislatures, governors, house, senate, etc. It's true if your party controls the state legislature and governorship then it controls the state.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nickymaster said:

Yes I want him to finish his term and want him loose the next election. He will be a one term president. Trump is a disgusting shameless con artist who treats everybody like shit. He is a sociopath who thinks he can insult you one day and tell you the next day you are great. He has managed to get away with it in the US but the rest of the world is taking him for a ride.  He is losing all trade wars he has started.

"He is losing all trade wars he has started" back it up,  Nicky. PLEASE show sources!

• Like 1

Just now, riclag said:

"He is losing all trade wars he has started" back it up,  Nicky. PLEASE show sources!

He backed off from imposing tariffs on goods from the EU and China. And now they are looking to increase trade together in order to buy less from the US. When you bully someone and you fail this person or country will start looking to buy from other countries instead.  This will only increase the deficit more.  Very simple. The US will be punished for their fear and intimidation tactics.

3 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

He backed off from imposing tariffs on goods from the EU and China. And now they are looking to increase trade together in order to buy less from the US. When you bully someone and you fail this person or country will start looking to buy from other countries instead.  This will only increase the deficit more.  Very simple. The US will be punished for their fear and intimidation tactics.

Well I guess you don't want to show sources for your previous claim "He is losing all trade wars he has started"! So I'll just have to take a opinion as fact. Nice try

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Well I guess you don't want to show sources for your previous claim "He is losing all trade wars he has started"! So I'll just have to take a opinion as fact. Nice try

I think you got the point that his trade tactics are not working. You CANNOT bully the EU and the Chinese. He made a lot of money scaring and destroying small guys but at this level it is NOT working. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

"A growing American economy and passage of a Republican tax overhaul appear to be helping President Donald Trump lift his approval ratings from historic lows".

"Still, the trajectory is a welcome shift for a White House that has been battered by chaos, controversies and internal upheaval. The poll suggests that at least some of the president’s improving standing is tied to the economy and the Republican tax overhaul, which offers a glimmer of hope for GOP lawmakers who plan to make both issues the centerpiece of their efforts to maintain control of Congress in November.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2018-03-27/ap-norc-poll-trump-benefiting-from-economic-policies

At least he has a message,American economy,American jobs! What do the dems, liberals   and alt left have to offer,apparently nothing ,unless people believe that demonizing,deligitimizing ,resisting  and obstructing  him is a plausible way to convince Americans to vote for more of the same reasons that brought "Trumpism" into existence .  The best part about supporting the message is seeing all  the things that gave rise to it, be torn down and replaced with American nationalism which inspires a sense of tranquility.  7 more !

Now you're celebrating "a glimmer of hope".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, riclag said:

"A growing American economy and passage of a Republican tax overhaul appear to be helping President Donald Trump lift his approval ratings from historic lows".

"Still, the trajectory is a welcome shift for a White House that has been battered by chaos, controversies and internal upheaval. The poll suggests that at least some of the president’s improving standing is tied to the economy and the Republican tax overhaul, which offers a glimmer of hope for GOP lawmakers who plan to make both issues the centerpiece of their efforts to maintain control of Congress in November.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2018-03-27/ap-norc-poll-trump-benefiting-from-economic-policies

At least he has a message,American economy,American jobs! What do the dems, liberals   and alt left have to offer,apparently nothing ,unless people believe that demonizing,deligitimizing ,resisting  and obstructing  him is a plausible way to convince Americans to vote for more of the same reasons that brought "Trumpism" into existence .  The best part about supporting the message is seeing all  the things that gave rise to it, be torn down and replaced with American nationalism which inspires a sense of tranquility.  7 more !

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/treasury-set-to-borrow-nearly-a-trillion-in-2018-and-more-beyond.html

Tax cuts that mainly help the rich. Trumpism? Does that meen just keep borrowing? Personally he went  bankrupt 4 times. To big to fall might be another strategy he is using for the US. Maybe the Chinese will give the US some more money..

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/treasury-set-to-borrow-nearly-a-trillion-in-2018-and-more-beyond.html

Tax cuts that mainly help the rich. Trumpism? Does that meen just keep borrowing? Personally he went  bankrupt 4 times. To big to fall might be another strategy he is using for the US. Maybe the Chinese will give the US some more money..

What message  should the liberals offer to Americans to convince them to vote for them,Nickymaster?

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Cucks? In case people don't know, anyone that uses that word is representing the disgusting white supremacist, misogynist ALT-RIGHT movement. It's basically hate speech and based on extremist TROLLING and provocative meme play (Pepe). It exists mostly on the internet but has bled into real life with the election of what the alt-right people call their "God Emperor" -- "trump."  But I appreciate when people out themselves so openly. No need to guess. 

So, what does it mean?

Never mind, looked it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckservative

Edited by lannarebirth

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

So, what does it mean?

A cuck is a derogatory slang term for a weak, effeminate, or inadequate man. Cuck has also been blended with conservative to produce cuckservative, often shortened back to cuck. Both cuckand cuckservative are especially used online by white nationalists to insult US Republican politicians they judge as insufficiently conservative.

http://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/cuck/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

International trade and economics are simple when you make no effort to understand them.

Let me try to explain one of the simpler aspects of trade deficits.  When the US runs fiscal deficits it needs to borrow money from somewhere.  It borrows the money from countries that have lots of US dollars from selling stuff to us.  These countries buy US treasuries to increase their currency reserves and stabilize their economies.  If you want to reduce the trade deficit, you need to reduce the US fiscal deficit. 

In short, the US needs to balance the federal budget and stop borrowing from other countries.  That's how we can eliminate our trade deficit.

In case you haven't been paying attention, Trump is running our fiscal deficit to scary new highs.

You didn't learn that in any economics class. That is made up BS. If anything it works the other way round. You don't need a store of US Dollars to buy treasuries. You can buy them with any currency you like and the money is converted on purchase. Currencies are fungible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

A cuck is a derogatory slang term for a weak, effeminate, or inadequate man. Cuck has also been blended with conservative to produce cuckservative, often shortened back to cuck. Both cuckand cuckservative are especially used online by white nationalists to insult US Republican politicians they judge as insufficiently conservative.

http://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/cuck/

Doesn't seem like a word intended to engender friendliness.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Cucks? In case people don't know, anyone that uses that word is representing the disgusting white supremacist, misogynist ALT-RIGHT movement. It's basically hate speech and based on extremist TROLLING and provocative meme play (Pepe). It exists mostly on the internet but has bled into real life with the election of what the alt-right people call their "God Emperor" -- "trump."  But I appreciate when people out themselves so openly. No need to guess. 

WOW what a meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1