Trash piling up in Pattaya

Rimmer

Trash piling up in Pattaya

image.png

PATTAYA:--Some Pattaya residents want to know why their trash has not been picked up for three days.

Former city council member Ittiwat Wattanasartsathorn said several residents across the city had called him to report that stinking, rotting garbage was piling up in their villages because no one came to collect it.

Ittiwat speculated that the city’s contract with its garbage collector may have ended or is being renewed, causing the delay in pickups.

Resident Nattaya Kaisorn said the same thing happens every year around this time for unknown reasons.

Pattaya’s contract with trash hauler Environmental Conservation Organization expired on Oct. 31, but city officials had said in August they reluctantly would extend it because they didn’t prepare to find a replacement in time.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/trash-piling-pattaya-200151

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-01-28

. . . they reluctantly would extend it because they didn’t prepare to find a replacement in time. Yet more flouting of our Boy Scout motto we all live by: Be Prepared. How much more of this can we stand?

Edited by JSixpack

They stoped collecting rubbish in my area of Na-Jomtien for about a week (last week) the reason ? All the staff went on a seminar in some far away province like Buriram !!...any way they are back collecting again thank goodness as the bins where overflowing and extremely smelly.

I was a beach lover even if it was not as great as years ago,I used to care about littler and even pick up after lazy thais, I used to try and do my small part,but when they widened beach rd, thus creating a freeway .and the tour buses invaded my niegbourhood.that was the ''death blow'', now the beach is not even a beach anymore its just a boatlaunch/refueling staion... I gave up trying..why bother  ,city hall certinaly doesn't care...I hope you choke on your own greed pattaya...som nam naa...

9 hours ago, mok199 said:

I was a beach lover even if it was not as great as years ago,I used to care about littler and even pick up after lazy thais, I used to try and do my small part,but when they widened beach rd, thus creating a freeway .and the tour buses invaded my niegbourhood.that was the ''death blow'', now the beach is not even a beach anymore its just a boatlaunch/refueling staion... I gave up trying..why bother  ,city hall certinaly doesn't care...I hope you choke on your own greed pattaya...som nam naa...

The man who said it how it is

Well done that man.