South Africans are obsessed with Thailand

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bsdthai said:

Thats great. Hope they didnt catch wind of cheap deals therefore in reality the revenue raised here would be less than the previous year? Considering the obvious lack of tourists in many destinations despite claims of increased numbers im wondering if thats not really anything to write about? The more tourists i speak to the more they seem to be just here for a couple days and passing on to other border countries where as many years ago most tourists were here for a few weeks at a time more so or am i just imagining that.

Pattaya  is rammed. Busier than I've seen it for years.

13 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

Could be. They should also stay away from white murderers, kiddy diddlers and the non bathing white crowd. A lot of these hanging around now.

You guys have a lot in common. Have you ever travelled around Thailand?

They are definitely marketing the hell out of Thailand in SA at the moment and offering some amazing deals. 7 nights in Phuket for R7999 ($650) all inclusive (flights, accommodation, food and taxes). No wonder numbers are up. Heck many could afford to do it every month if they could get the time off work.

41 minutes ago, The manic said:

Oh Indians!

Ja, them too, a mixed bag.

The Cape Coloureds are a heterogeneous South African ethnic group, with diverse ancestral links. Ancestry may include European colonizers, indigenous Khoisan and Xhosa people, and slaves imported from the Dutch East Indies (or a combination of all).[5] People from India and the islands within the Indian Ocean region were also taken to the Cape and sold into slavery by the Dutch settlers. The Indian slaves were almost invariably given Christian names but their places of origin were indicated in the records of sales and other documents so that it is possible to get an idea of the ratio of slaves from different regions. These slaves were, however, dispersed and lost their Indian cultural identity over the course of time. Slaves of Malay and other ancestry were brought from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Madagascar, and Mozambique. This diverse assortment of people was subsequently classified as a single group under the Apartheid regime.[6][7]  wiki

3 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Ja, them too, a mixed bag.

The Cape Coloureds are a heterogeneous South African ethnic group, with diverse ancestral links. Ancestry may include European colonizers, indigenous Khoisan and Xhosa people, and slaves imported from the Dutch East Indies (or a combination of all).[5] People from India and the islands within the Indian Ocean region were also taken to the Cape and sold into slavery by the Dutch settlers. The Indian slaves were almost invariably given Christian names but their places of origin were indicated in the records of sales and other documents so that it is possible to get an idea of the ratio of slaves from different regions. These slaves were, however, dispersed and lost their Indian cultural identity over the course of time. Slaves of Malay and other ancestry were brought from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Madagascar, and Mozambique. This diverse assortment of people was subsequently classified as a single group under the Apartheid regime.[6][7]  wiki

'Under the Apartheid Regime'...that says it all.

6 minutes ago, merlin2002 said:

Why can't number crunchers in Thailand work out a simple thing like percentages.  Their stats are always wrong, it's not exactly a difficult calculation...  :passifier:

Percentages are like magic in Thailand, no one understands them. The University educated women living opposite our house could not tell me what 10% off 100 is. I think its a way of making sure the banks and money lenders keep control of the farmers.

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe they feel at home with the number of black prostitutes and drug dealers hanging around now ? 

I also wonder why there are so many of them, there must be big interest in thailand seen the numbers.

7 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Any particular country you prefer?

I went out to Northern Rhodesia at the age of 6 months in 1960. My father went there in 1952 and my mother joined him in '55. They returned to the UK in '58 as the local medical facilities were not up to scratch at the time,

I went to school locally until at the age of 10 I was sent to boarding school in Rhodesia, It was 24hrs by coach to get there and the terms were 12 weeks long. 

My peers have gone on to sporting, musical and academic greatness,,,, I, just post on Thaivisa.

14 hours ago, bannork said:

Why don't you try to persuade them to visit Worcester? I'm sure they'll love the beaches, turquoise sea and balmy weather.

No I only recommend a day trip to Worcester unless your playing cricket or want to go fishing, that is a hell of a lot more than I recommend to tourists who bring up the country you live in

9 hours ago, Happy enough said:

course he isn't. he misses it so much he has to be on a thai forum everyday. come back! wake up please, this is your home. the UK is shit, you know it 555

Your interpretation of why I am on TV is child's stuff I am here to let others know the true facts and not those seen through drunken lying eyes. UK is >hit yes often said by expats who cannot get their bar girl wife a visa to visit

Just now, wakeupplease said:

Your interpretation of why I am on TV is child's stuff I am here to let others know the true facts and not those seen through drunken lying eyes. UK is >hit yes often said by expats who cannot get their bar girl wife a visa to visit

utter shit. you're on here because you miss thailand. i'm an expat and my mrs has british citenzenship and we're both the same age just so you know

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That really doesn't answer my question.

Are you now resident in Thailand or not?

it answers your question but you do not know how to interpretate it get your colouring books out and leave TV to those who can interpretate

2 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

it answers your question but you do not know how to interpretate it get your colouring books out and leave TV to those who can interpretate

I'm going to take that as a no, then.

Oh, and I leave colouring books and crayons to brexiteers...

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

utter shit. you're on here because you miss thailand. i'm an expat and my mrs has british citenzenship and we're both the same age just so you know

Wrong again you should know that by now, you just make it up as you go along to suit your own thoughts, just like the country does

6 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

you're on here to slate thailand, the country you miss so dearly because your bar girl wife insists on making you live in the UK. i should open a translation business 555

only joking haha. i'm sure she's alot nicer than you

Edited by Happy enough

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

you're on here to slate thailand, the country you miss so dearly because your bar girl wife insists on making you live in the UK. i should open a translation business 555

My so called Bar Girl Wife as you put it is a Doctor, see what I mean you make it up as you go along and cannot even visit your old country So envious are't you. Go back to milking the cow.

Just now, wakeupplease said:

What the hell has Brexit got to do with you as you are not there you left remember

actually. i live in this great place you miss so much and have properties rented out in the UK so perhaps he has every right to care about brexit and the UK economy