Vga To Composite Output (video Output)

ltdknowledge

Hello

I need a VGA to composite output, however at the composite end i need a minimum of 4 outputs.

The VGA output is from a PC, this then needs to run four 7-10" LCD TVs for graphic and display perpose.

I know i could buy a single output convertor and then re-convert to RF and use a simple RF distribution system, but this sometimes spoils the picture in my experience.

I haven't tried Pen Tip as yet.

Thanks

OK, My Humble Opinion.

Vga to S-Video (don't use composite, it's carp) --> 4 way S-Video splitter (obviously your monitors need S-Video inputs)

You may score higher using VGA monitors and a 4 way VGA splitter, you'll be limited on cable length / cost but you can pick up small VGA LCDs for a song.

Are you on a budget, or is money small object?

Have a look in Fortune Town or Zeer Rangsit, avoid Pantip like the plague.

Edited by Crossy

Crossy's suggestions are certainly a good alternative approach. SVHS splitters may not be easy to find though. If you went with VGA monitors instead the trick is probably to find a cheap 4-way VGA splitter. There are cheap ones around that do work, and there are very expensive ones that are no better. You can get long (eg 10m) VGA-VGA cables if necessary.

Re your original suggested approach, I've never seen a VGA-to-video box with more than one comp and one SVHS output. So if I had to go that way I'd buy a cheap 4-way composite video distribution box to put on the end of the VGA-to-video.

Having said all that, I've never bought this type of gear in Thailand. From memory there is a semi-pro video shop at Fortune Town that has these types of gizmos. They don't seem to be the type of thing your Pantip-style computer accessories shop has. You might find something at one of the CCTV shops at Pantip or elsewhere though.

The comp or SVHS splitter / video distribution box you might find in a video shop, for home theatre use.

Pretty much good advice...

Never seen a s-video splitter/amplifier here in Thailand, plenty of regular composite around though!

Easy way, vga to single composite, then feed the composite to the splitter/amplifier, and from then on to your screens.

Advantage from the amplifier is that you can feed very long cables since you can adjust the gain!