Beach holiday.

malt25

On 04/02/2018 at 11:50 PM, Rc2702 said:

As an earlier poster mentioned. Mae phim is worth a look and fairly local if travelling from bkk. The beach there is narrow and when we were there it was hardly used. Going there shortly again. Some nice apartments to be had for aproximately £200 for a week which are 25 metres from beach, sea view and rooftop swimming pool. Not sure about the night market requirement. I'll second lanta too but for only 4 days that's a bit far if from bkk or furthet and you really need a week to 10 days minimum to explore all lanta has to offer. Be advantageous if you like riding too.

Lanta can be explored in 2 days. Not much there. They do have boat trips to the Trang islands which have better snorkelling and better beaches.

On 04/02/2018 at 12:58 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? Hua Hin  beach is encroached by all the big condos well below high tide line, which is illegal, but they must pay large in H H. Even where there is a beach at high tide, in front of the Hilton, the sea is almost to the sea wall, and there are horses pooping all over it.

From the photos on google images at least there is a beach at Cha Am. It has jet skiis there though, so I won't be visiting. I hate jet skiis.

HH is terrible. Hasnt been any good for at least 10 years. Ruined by overdevelopment. The main road goes through town and crossing it is like playing frogger. Beaches are below average. Hotels more expensive than Phuket.

• Like 2

Just now, Justfine said:

Lanta can be explored in 2 days. Not much there. They do have boat trips to the Trang islands which have better snorkelling and better beaches.

Rubbish. 10 days on a bike and some knowledgeable locals will unearth a lot of hidden beauty. 2 days is like swimming in the shallow end of a 50 m pool.

• Like 1

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Rubbish. 10 days on a bike and some knowledgeable locals will unearth a lot of hidden beauty. 2 days is like swimming in the shallow end of a 50 m pool.

I've been there a couple of times. The island can be done on motorbike in 2 days.

10 days is a nonsense.

Just now, Justfine said:

I've been there a couple of times. The island can be done on motorbike in 2 days.

10 days is a nonsense.

No denying that. I'd say one day but for a relaxing break and to explore all the island has to offer from saladan to kantiang bay and over the other side to old town and all in between including the reggae plaza, long beach, diamond beach, waterfalls, monkey park (national park) restaurants and to then head back after 2 days? 2 hour drive from Krabi airport for two days makes no sense. Geezers after a relaxing beach holiday so don't forget the chill out factor. Cramming all that into two days is impossible.  10 days is a good length for enjoying lanta. 

Spent 150 days there over 5 years.

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

Not impossible at all. Can explore the island easily in 2 days on a motorbike. 1 day relaxing. 1 day visiting Trang islands. 4 days is plenty. Would be boring if longer. Muslim island so stuff all nightlife. I would never stay there for 10 days.

Just now, Justfine said:

Not impossible at all. Can explore the island easily in 2 days on a motorbike. 1 day relaxing. 1 day visiting Trang islands. 4 days is plenty. Would be boring if longer. Muslim island so stuff all nightlife. I would never stay there for 10 days.

Goes to show you know nothing.  Absolutely nothing. Kapaklum bar all night parties. Reggae plaza with all you expect from reggae establishments. Never got to bed by 5am one night I have been there. It's there it's just very subtle in comparison.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Goes to show you know nothing.  Absolutely nothing. Kapaklum bar all night parties. Reggae plaza with all you expect from reggae establishments. Never got to bed by 5am one night I have been there. It's there it's just very subtle in comparison.

Mr know it all,

Most bars and restaurants shut for half the year and the Reggae Bar is lame.

Just now, Justfine said:

Kapaklum bar and restaurant is a shack.

Your lame replies say a lot. You clearly like to use Google and pretend to know what you are talking about. As I said before; you know very little on this matter and you are clutching. Give it a rest.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Your lame replies say a lot. You clearly like to use Google and pretend to know what you are talking about. As I said before; you know very little on this matter and you are clutching. Give it a rest.

Your comments make me laugh. A couple of lame shacks on a beach don't represent much nightlife and the island is a ghost town for 6 months.

Your 10 days comment tells me you don't know much. I doubt you even went.

• Haha 1

Just now, Justfine said:

Your comments make me laugh. A couple of lame shacks on a beach don't represent much nightlife and the island is a ghost town for 6 months.

Your 10 days comment tells me you don't know much. I doubt you even went.

Don't lie to yourself. Even if you did go I know you did not go to any of the places mentioned. The shallow content you provide is the tell. Stick to 1 sentence gratification shallow hal. 

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Don't lie to yourself. Even if you did go I know you did not go to any of the places mentioned. The shallow content you provide is the tell. Stick to 1 sentence gratification shallow hal. 

So obvious you have never been. Sad you make stuff up.

50 minutes ago, Justfine said:

So obvious you have never been. Sad you make stuff up.

Look I can tell by what you have said that you never really checked the place out or mingled enough to learn where the parties were. So do what you do best and type into Google.  Koh lanta party. I went there a month every year for 5 years and I do not lie. The problem you have and you have continued to have is you thought I said you need 10 days to ride lanta. I did not say that I said 10 days is a good amount of time to get to know the place and relax. There's a bar on long beach called le Paris,  that used to be called Your style. The owners changed from a Thai woman who now runs a restaurant called the table and the new owner of former bar Your style/le paris is called Ben, a Paris Ian.  Kapaklum bar used to be on long beach and is as far as I know, now on khlong dao beach. Those bits of info are not widely available on google but you seem to be a pro at searches so maybe you can verify that info. One day someone from lanta will read this and thry will know who knows and who has no idea.  I know which one you will be. As I said before, please stop pretending you know stuff. Your lack of detail is the tell.

• Like 2

Guys !!!  How about starting your own post ? I asked for some advice & have received many worthwhile suggestions. I didn't ask for a bickering match by a couple of "????????"  If a mod reads this they might like to close the post. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, Justfine said:

10 days is a nonsense.

Sooooo, your idea of "seeing" is driving around on a motorbike, but you can't look while driving or you might crash. Eyes on the road!

Only way to really see somewhere is by foot. I liked the beaches as good sand to walk on, and all the different resorts were interesting. I wonder if the Rasta one is still there?

4 hours ago, Justfine said:

Sandflies and mozzies are an issue with beach walking if late afternoon. Prefer to swim than walk on sand. Chumphon was the worst place for that. That place had lots of flies as well. The 3 most annoying pests outside tuk tuk drivers.

Aside of thread-jacking bickering ThaiVisa posters...

• Haha 1

I have never heard anyone up sell Trang as a good place to be based. Ever. To speak of Trang so highly and downplay lanta is the weirdest thing I have read. Stay in Trang and day trip the islands?  Trang is good for the train and to get to an island. That is it. Koh libong is a lovely island easy to get to from Trang but if your scared of thai Muslims I'd give it a miss.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I have never heard anyone up sell Trang as a good place to be based. Ever. To speak of Trang so highly and downplay lanta is the weirdest thing I have read. Stay in Trang and day trip the islands?  Trang is good for the train and to get to an island. That is it. Koh libong is a lovely island easy to get to from Trang but if your scared of thai Muslims I'd give it a miss.

Trang is a province with caves, waterfalls, towns, markets and islands.

Lanta is just one simple island.

Thai muslims are fairly weak.

Your response was weird. Talking up 1 island ahead of a province. Just weird and illogical.

Edited by Justfine

Just now, Justfine said:

Trang is a province with caves, waterfalls, towns, markets and islands.

Lanta is just one simple island.

Thai muslims are fairly weak.

Your response was weird. Talking up 1 island ahead of a province. Just weird and illogical.

"Trang town is a cool town" Trang is a dive it's a hub to connect to islands wirh a train station. That's it. You stick to speeding round islands believing there is nothing there and enjoy Trang town. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

"Trang town is a cool town" Trang is a dive it's a hub to connect to islands wirh a train station. That's it. You stick to speeding round islands believing there is nothing there and enjoy Trang town. 

It's sad you have nothing positive to say. Says a lot about you.