Video: Dramatic moment as pick-up overturns after oncoming car refuses to pull in

webfact

Video: Dramatic moment as pick-up overturns after oncoming car refuses to pull in

3am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Dash cam footage from a pick-up truck posted on Facebook showed the moment a driver faced a life or death decision as a similar oncoming vehicle refused to pull over while overtaking.

With trees on the left and the white pick-up blocking his path a collision was inevitable.

The two Toyota Vigos collided with the dash cam vehicle rolling and recording everything.

But incredibly Suphanburi native Somchai Pathan, 32, the driver, and his father who was a passenger lived to tell the tale.

In fact Somchai was only slightly hurt while his father was not injured at all.

The driver of the oncoming vehicle - Somrit Makhampom from Nakorn Pathom - was also unhurt. His vehicle was badly damaged on the driver's front side.

Nong Ya Sai police said that the accident happened on the U-Thong - Dan Chang Road in their jurisdiction on Tuesday at 1.30pm.

They warned the public about driving fast especially on two lane roads such as this.

The footage was posted by Somchai's elder brother "Ali Khan" who told Daily News that the family have a furniture business. His younger brother and father had been to buy bull and buffalo horns at a market for use as decorations.

The items they bought were badly damaged but the important thing was that his relatives had escaped unhurt, he said.

Police are investigating and using the dash cam footage.

Netizens commented in their thousands mostly and not surprisingly blaming the oncoming vehicle for the accident.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-01

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

NO, they "EXPECT" you to get out of their way and if you don't  understand  this  you shouldn't drive here, in my case I refused to move over and in their  attempts to swerve  back in they flipped  their  pick up over, so justice was served."

Yeah, kind of like my Thai boss at the Land Development Department 40 years ago.  He was a prick.  He seriously threatened to kill one of the regular workers over some imagined slight.  He screwed me over as far as renewing my Peace Corps volunteer stint, because I didn't kiss his arse. His brother or relative used to stay at the housing at the office, lounging around all day in a silk smoking jacket.  The boss was at our wedding, and wondered why we served Johnnie Walker Black and not Courvoisier. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I think if the car (with the cam) had moved right instead of left there was room for him to go between the on-coming pickup and the slow car being overtaken.

WHY did the on-coming car need to pull so far out; he's over the line at the side of the road!! Just bad driving, no judgement; a reflection on the extremely poor standards here.

Notice that the third vehicle which was being passed by the white pickup was alert to the situation and appeared to be already halfway off the road at the time of the collision. The driver and passenger in the rolled car were very lucky it wasn't a head-on.

My hypothesis is that the pickup was not under driver control and simply drifting down from the crown of the road.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

The one who caused this had to be drunk.  If he had just stayed on the middle line ...

image.png.6ba78bb6039034169b475f8c24cbc184.png

either drunk or on facebook or both, I can think of no other rational reason for this, the vehicle he was overtaking was also off the road so there was plenty of room

I honestly believe that Mobile Phone use is the number one cause of accidents in this country, drunk driving, careless driving and speeding come after in any order you like or a combination of all of them, the ultimate blame is lack of the police's ability or willingness to enforce traffic law

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1