New Ford Ranger, what can I haggle for free?

I'm going to buy a ranger (either the xlt or wildtrak) 

I understand the price is usually non negotiable but you can ask them to throw in some free stuff.... 

Also, would there be any price drops in the "old one" when the new 2018 ranger raptor is launched next week

I know it will hurt the 2nd hand ones when there is a new better one available  but wondering if it will affect the old ones in the dealerships by much 

(I don't need to buy immediately) 

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I got 100,000 baht discount on the run-out Triton when the new model was released, plus all the usual extras like free insurance, window tint, tray liner, wind deflectors etc.

Interesting.... 10% off? :smile:

Might be worth it to wait until the new model is available , but then I'd be more tempted to order that lol

where do you read that price is non negotiable??

Dealers add many free stuff that are already in the car for showing you a lot of bonus... Just ask the best price he can make for you, and go see another dealer with your quotation and ask for a better one. Also you can join fb group about the ranger, sometimes you can find ppl sharing good quotations.

But in one week or so, they will present the new ford ranger raptor in bkk, and maybe also an upgrade of all the other ranger. Not time for buy a Ranger, wait a little bit.

2 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Interesting.... 10% off? :smile:

Might be worth it to wait until the new model is available , but then I'd be more tempted to order that lol

That discount was widely publicised, not like I got a special deal.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That discount was widely publicised, not like I got a special deal.

I don't consume much Thai media so no matter how much they advertised it I could have still missed it.... 

Hopefully the new ranger raptor isn't too good or I might want  to order one lol

Just now, speedtripler said:

I don't consume much Thai media so no matter how much they advertised it I could have still missed it.... 

Hopefully the new ranger raptor isn't too good or I might want  to order one lol

There were huge signs erected outside every Mitsubishi dealership, but I guess if you never drove past one you wouldn't see that either.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

There were huge signs erected outside every Mitsubishi dealership, but I guess if you never drove past one you wouldn't see that either.

I try to watch the road ahead and behind for safety when I'm riding  

You should try it sometime... :thumbsup:

Just now, speedtripler said:

I try to watch the road ahead and behind for safety when I'm riding  

You should try it sometime... :thumbsup:

So you don't see those motorbikes coming out of side streets? The insurance company must love you.:saai:

19 minutes ago, maxipeon said:

Dealers add many free stuff that are already in the car for showing you a lot of bonus... Just ask the best price he can make for you, and go see another dealer with your quotation and ask for a better one. Also you can join fb group about the ranger, sometimes you can find ppl sharing good quotations.

But in one week or so, they will present the new ford ranger raptor in bkk, and maybe also an upgrade of all the other ranger. Not time for buy a Ranger, wait a little bit.

Anyone ever got a lift kit or bigger tyres thrown in when buying a 4x4? 

47 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Anyone ever got a lift kit or bigger tyres thrown in when buying a 4x4? 

Dealer's not going to do that, because according to their own rules as written in the OM this will void the warranty ;-)

1 hour ago, maxipeon said:

Yes, the new raptor is released next week, but believe there is a minor change to the ranger coming shortly after that. Any guesses on the new raptor price...1.3-1.4M ?

53 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Yes, the new raptor is released next week, but believe there is a minor change to the ranger coming shortly after that. Any guesses on the new raptor price...1.3-1.4M ?

Ford dealer told me 1.6M but I read around groups 1.4 to 1.5M. 

Still kind of overprice for a pickup truck imo.

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Maybe the lift kit is a breach of warranty

I don't think changing the wheels/tyres will void an auto warranty 

The dealer is not going to throw in another set of wheels and tyres, or jack up the truck. You just aren't being realistic, but go and haggle with some dealers and get back to us.

58 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The dealer is not going to throw in another set of wheels and tyres, or jack up the truck. You just aren't being realistic, but go and haggle with some dealers and get back to us.

Why do you care? You've got your outdated Mitsubishi so run along and enjoy it..... Bye :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Why do you care? You've got your outdated Mitsubishi so run along and enjoy it..... Bye :thumbsup:

Big wheels, jacking up the car? I suppose some fluffy dice and a pitbull in the back will complete the picture. BTW, 3 years old might be outdated but at least I have a pickup, not a teenager's pipe dream.:clap2:

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Big wheels, jacking up the car? I suppose some fluffy dice and a pitbull in the back will complete the picture. BTW, 3 years old might be outdated but at least I have a pickup, not a teenager's pipe dream.:clap2:

Isn't there some place for Mitsubishi users to vent? 

A Ford Ranger thread has nothing to do with you.... Don't go away mad, just..... Go away:smile:

12 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Maybe the lift kit is a breach of warranty

I don't think changing the wheels/tyres will void an auto warranty 

I've seen a number of new rangers parked at the Changwattana ford dealer. They seem to have aftermarket all terrain wheels and other bits and pieces stuck on them. Not sure about lift kits though (they look stock height to me). These definitely are not genuine ford parts. Personally, I'd just buy the vehicle stock and change parts elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

I've seen a number of new rangers parked at the Changwattana ford dealer. They seem to have aftermarket all terrain wheels and other bits and pieces stuck on them. Not sure about lift kits though (they look stock height to me). These definitely are not genuine ford parts. Personally, I'd just buy the vehicle stock and change parts elsewhere. 

I've also seen them around with non stock all terrain tyres, bonnet scoops, full and partial body kits,  etc

Even  in shopping malls and motorshows they display them with non standard parts

Not sure what's made by Ford and what isn't

Never hurts to ask.....

Regardless of the lift kit being of reputable origin, the warranty will be voided. Even changing out the OEM lighting to LED's will get you a warning when you take it in for service or any under-warranty BCM resets due to the LED's and Ford's CANBUS electrical architecture talking different languages (usually results in loss of low-beams or error warning on the dashboard).

Wildtrak comes with stock 18" rims but most owners ditch those after they've bought it and replace rims and rubber. There's a bigger selection of 'bigger tires' that can go on 17" (and smaller) rims than there are of 'bigger tires' that can go on 18" rims. Basically, you get more options for an aggressive, off-road look without a suspension lift with the smaller rims. That's why a helluva lot of unimaginative Ranger owner/operators in LOS have BF Goodrich's on black, 15" rims. Some go up to 20" rims shod with low-profile rubbers rather than the hiked-up, faux off-road look. I think the soon-to-be released pseudo-Raptor would look good with 20" rims from the Everest and stock rubber... but that's just me.

Back on topic, the dealer won't do a tire/rim swap on the concourse unless his brother-in-law at the local rim and tire shop has made a sweet deal. No dealer will install a lift-kit for the aforementioned warranty issues but if you don't care about the warranty, the dealer can probably refer you to a shop that will do the business.

Standard dealership freebies are interior mats, window tint, plastic side-window wind deflector garbage, rubbish scuff-plates for the door sills, maybe a plastic rear bed-liner (the WT has that as standard) and a tank of diesel. The OEM accessories can vary too and not all are in the brochure. If the dealership has a display cabinet of accessories, you may be able to get a deal on something handy like a spare wheel lock rather than a snorkel. They may also offer 12 months of free, first-class insurance. If you are lucky and you already have insurance coverage with the same company, it makes the eventual renewal a lot easier; otherwise you still need to shop around for a better deal 12 months later. If I can get a better deal (lower premium) with an existing insurer, I tell the dealership to take the free insurance carrot away and offer something worthwhile... like cash discount but only got that once. If buying on finance, the finance company will typically have an opinion on how any owner-provided insurance coverage compares with their preferred carrier. Cash is king of course.

Good luck.

I picked up mine in Dec, got the Window awnings, blackend windows, wheel arch covers, short antenna,, front and rear light covers, umberella (because i could) 1 year 1st class insurance, all thrown in and 70,000 baht off. 

Archived