What Did You Do In A Previous Life?

simon43

- In the late 70s, I worked as a DJ on one of the rusting pirate radio ships in the North Sea

- I wrote an artificial intelligence program that the BBC called 'one of the best candidates to pass the Turing test'

- I worked for 15 years as a rocket scientist!

- I was a millionaire (for about 1 month) during the internet boom

:o

Simon

Are you Tony Blackburn Simon????

In a previous life I worked very hard and very long hours doing nothing much exciting apart from the enjoyment I got from running my own business.

Now I do very little, which is nice in some ways but not in others. I miss the cut and thrust of being in business. No real calim to ame other than I got to meet a lot of professional golfers and got a lot of freebies.

Oh well time for a nap !

I must have done something right, because I got born in this one with a happy-go-lucky nature, and that is a very lucky thing to have happen to one.

In this life, I spent my First Youth messing about and my Middle Age careering around.

Ten years ago, when my wife died, my sister tried to enrol me in the University of the Third Age. I decided that could wait till I had had a Second Youth.

I have one claim to fame---I held the highest management position on Earth.

At 21000 foot altitude, managing Advanced Base Camp for some Lithuanian climbers on the North side of Everest, there was no higher manager on Earth.

In Kathmandu on the way back, an American woman asked me: "Honestly, what's it like on one of those exhibitions?" and I replied: "To be honest, it is a very expensive way of being uncomfortable".

She swung round on her husband and said: "This man has just described OUR holiday in Tibet, too". And hubby gave me a right jaundiced look.

What we did was whatsoever we made of it.

- In the late 70s, I worked as a DJ on one of the rusting pirate radio ships in the North Sea

- I wrote an artificial intelligence program that the BBC called 'one of the best candidates to pass the Turing test'

- I worked for 15 years as a rocket scientist!

- I was a millionaire (for about 1 month) during the internet boom

:o

Simon

Which pirate station was it? As I did a Demo tape for one of the pirate stations as I had been spotted my Tony Windsor and Kenny Everet who came to see me doing my gigs in Felixstowe

In some distant star systems, I was a teen-aged disk jockey, a minister of religious education, a medical school instructor, an income tax auditor, a straight man, a Baptist, a Texan. What a long, strange trip it's been. :o Now I ask my kids, "Oh, sweet child of mine, where do we go from here?"

I did a lot of landbased pirate stations, (I used to build the transmitters), and then I worked on Radio Delmare - a Belgian station on a rust-bucket!!

Are did a weekend Demo Tape on Radio London which was on an old Minesweeper they had three studios and a spit away was Radio Caroline on an old Coaster Ithink it was called the 'Omega and the sweeper was called 'Galaxy cant quite remember. This was around 1967/68. I did the demos which they played over the weekends which got good public ratings on the air, but Tony Windsor rang my home and asked me to meet him and Kenny at the Orwell Hotel Felixstowe I was offered a job, but they said having problems with Government at moment we let you know.

mmmmmm They both got took off the air, it was suggested I send tape to Radio 1 but I never did

A stock boy, A laborer, a carpenter, a bouncer, a bartender, a cook, a curator, a pumpkin picker, a newspaper delivery boy, a bodyguard, a musician, a fisherman, a messman, a seaman, a ships pilot, security officer, and a ships captain.

Not in that particular order :o

Edited by pumpuiman

My one brush with fame was serving drinks to the Oilers, including Gretzky, Messier, Lowe, Lumley, Semenko, over a few years at a club I worked at. Zoo inmates, except Gretz, who drank little and was always a gentleman.

Then I wrote about cake crumb effects in banking.

It was more fun at the club.

I was on an ITV spiritual program once with Uri Geller and a famous hypnotist. I was into a weird kind of Indian meditation and got hypnotiaclly regressed.

I worked for the East India Trading Company in my previous life and planted tea in Assam. I was English which confuses me and went to Eton.

I met an untimely death, which was quite disturbing to remember. I was born in 1864 and died in 1900.

The life before I was an Indian diamond merchant, living in Bombay.

edit

Previously in this life, I was a prediction maintenance engineer, well-testing engineer, alcoholic and pizza chef. Played rugby for a Scottish first division team, hanging up my boots when 20, to be a kickboxer before coming to Thailand.

Edited by Neeranam

I was on an ITV spiritual program once with Uri Geller and a famous hypnotist. I was into a weird kind of Indian meditation and got hypnotiaclly regressed.

I worked for the East India Trading Company in my previous life and planted tea in Assam. I was English which confuses me and went to Eton.

I met an untimely death, which was quite disturbing to remember. I was born in 1864 and died in 1900.

Oh, I remember you! You worked my family to death and never paid us. I threw you to the tigers. Sorry.

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2007-01-21 10:53:33)

Oh, I remember you! You worked my family to death and never paid us. I threw you to the tigers. Sorry.

It was whilst hunting tiger, how did you know?

Not many lives behind, I lived off the land.

And not many lives ahead, I will live off the land again.

Attached is the energy curve of history.

Thank you for the graph, Mr Reincarnated Nosferatu. Please, what year is that peak in, because I want to publish my book before we all go to Mad Max life and there's no paper.