Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!

rooster59

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I read in a UK paper that 95% Thai wives introduced into the UK end up in the divorce courts.  It doesn't seem wise to take a happy Thai to another country from which, even you, would like to escape from.

That's because 95% of Thai wives introduced into the UK were hooking in Pattaya or some such cesspit. White folk should stop marrying prosties. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

That's because 95% of Thai wives introduced into the UK were hooking in Pattaya or some such cesspit. White folk should stop marrying prosties. 

All women are on the game..you got no money, or look like you dont have prospects,

you aint getting married.  Nobody 'love' you unless you pay, in one way or another.

Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!????

She can go back anytime she wants. And would she stay, she'll have German citizenship in a short period of time. Looking for a job might be a good way to find out that money doesn't grow on trees. 

She's got kids from another man and could get them a decent education. Instead of whining she should go back and try to find a Thai guy who'll support also her kids. That would never happen and she knows it.

let me guess... you are a magician or when you married "it", "it" didn t live up to your expectations.
Let me guess, your sat with your 2000 baht phone and your bowl of fermented fish guts, showing your rice farmers wife how your sticking up for the village, get back to you yaa dong and go sleep it off.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

555......this is hilarious....welcome to the real world.  Pull your finger out and put in some hard work. No free rides in life..your previous skill sets,( lining, cheating and sympathetic extortion) dont work in ferrageland. I apologise for my cynical and jaded attitude. To any that might be offended.

15 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

But how? With her level of education she'd have to start over at Kindergarten.....

One does not need an education to be wise or smart..Indeed, it could have the opposite effect in many cases.

Classic. I have always dated highly educated Bangkok girls from modern families. Never had this problem. Recently I am dating an older Isaan girl in her 40's. She has been complaining forever that I don't support her and her family. I pointed to the door. Strangely enough, she still keeps coming to see me. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Is that like when they have 2 mommies or 2 daddies?

Are you serious? Is that the only type of Thai women you meet? MOST normal, middle class, educated Thai women come from the same culture and have the same expectations as westerners. I work with them everyday.

1 minute ago, scoutman360 said:

Are you serious? Is that the only type of Thai women you meet? MOST normal, middle class, educated Thai women come from the same culture and have the same expectations as westerners. I work with them everyday.

You said from 'modern families'. And I asked you a question about what you considered a 'modern family'.

6 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

MOST normal, middle class, educated Thai women come from the same culture and have the same expectations as westerners. I work with them everyday.

How do you quantify middle class in Bangkok? What is your definition of a Thai 'middle class' family?

11 hours ago, chippendale said:

Right. Jungle peasants don't eat garbage but insects, leaves, tree bark and the occasional stray dog.

Quite hard to find those in frozen German winter landscapes.

Ignorance in its splendor.   What are you doing in country of peasants?   You are probably living on their money or with meegre money and you are useless back home.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

You said from 'modern families'. And I asked you a question about what you considered a 'modern family'.

I think he meant the girls ( plural) come from "modern" families (plural). 

As to modern families     modern - of or relating to present and recent time; not ancient or remote:

families- basic social unit consisting of parents and their children,                      

15 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Take it easy, failures will all come out to pour blame on the 'attitude' of Thai women...as somebody mentioned earlier, this thread is red meat to draw them out....

And it surely has.....

My wife is from Isaan, a truly beautiful, talented and exceptional person :smile: fits more into a day than most people I know... life is good

I am. Taking it easy. It's just an observation, but a surprising one. All these damaged souls revealing the resentment of themselves, then resenting others for resenting them... 

Quite a show of self-inflicted human misery, but an entertaining one!

I guess I got lucky. Not too damaged by the time I found  my wife. Just luck though. It could have ended up in misery just the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Give her a break she is speaking honestly-and very much to the point-about the clash of cultures.I prefer  honesty to dishonesty,don't you?

I recall that about 2 years ago an honest Thai woman said the same things about her life in Germany with the usual ballyhoo from ThaiVisa posters.

Once again 5 stars for honesty.

your right let her complain... we have posters on TV complaining daily (hourly) about Thailand!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

As to modern families     modern - of or relating to present and recent time; not ancient or remote:

families- basic social unit consisting of parents and their children,                      

That explains nothing of what he considers to be a 'modern family', unless he means a family only second or third generation in Thailand, Sino-Thai perhaps?