inform police of address now i’m in Thailand?

Is it necessary to give the police or immigration office my address details , I have a 1year non o immigrant visa based on marriage but not sure if it is necessary to inform them, also after 90 days do i have to leave the country for a stamp or do i report to immigration

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but i’ve been told conflicting stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Someone at the address you are staying at should inform immigration that you are staying with them every time you enter the country. There isn't a specific report that you (the foreigner) should make. Enforcement varies from office to office so it's best to ask your local office what they want from you if you are going to be 'living' in the country.

• Unless you extend your stay you need to leave the country within every 90 days.
  • You can apply for a 60 day extension of stay (1,900 baht) giving you a max of 150 days per entry.
  • You can apply for a 1 year extension of stay (1,900 baht) if you have 400K in the bank or a certified (by your embassy) income of at least 40K per month. This can be renewed each year without leaving the country.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Unless you plan on doing something at immigration you likely will not need to do a report.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate you have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

• Like 1

Quick add on.

When you leave every 90 days and return before you leave the Imm' desk check thay you have been stamped for 90 days.

On the TM6 there is box that you write the visa number in. If you omit this you might only get 30 days stamped.

If it happens get it corrected there and then.

Another option you have, not yet mentioned, is you can apply for a 60-day extension (once per 90-day entry) to visit your wife, without the need for financial proof. This means only departing the country once every 150 days rather than 90 days. Whether this is an attractive option depends on where you are staying, and the cost and hassle of making a border hop for a new 90-day entry.

22 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

You, or the house owner - if in hotel they will do this - have to report TM-30. You would have to report if you are staying longer than 90 days, every 90 days. 

MS>

On a multi entry you don't do 90 day reports to your local Imm' office. 90 day reports are done if you are on an extension of stay. An extension of stay is 'not' a visa.

Having just gone through this last week at Jomtein Immigration.

1: Yes, the home owner is supposed to report you arriving within 24hrs (actually 72 hrs).

2: Non Imm O based on marriage (multiple entry) can be extended by upto 60 days. Jomtein last week insisted my wife accompany me so they could take a photo of us together. 

Edited by soon2bexpat

3 minutes ago, soon2bexpat said:

2: Non Imm O based on marriage (multiple entry) can be extended by upto 60 days. Jomtein last week insisted my wife accompany me so they could take a photo of us together. 

Having your wife with you when you apply for the 60 day extension is a standard requirement.