Any Lansoprazole 30mg capsules in Thailand?

flyingfox1

6 minutes ago, flyingfox1 said:

Only put up apparently 10yrs ago but crap timberwork although appears to function, I have sheeted the underside internal with sheeting because I suspected asbestos but maybe wrong..

I guess the question is do I replace the roof at maybe around 200.000 bhat for new frame and metal sheets or make do with the roof as it is?

Oh it’s my gf of 5years house and I been slowly improving things to make it more suitable for western living standard

Potato Salad

7 hours ago, flyingfox1 said:

Thanks might have to that a go and it will hopefully do same job until I get my next supply from uk emoji106.png

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have had hiatus hernia for over 40yrs.and very very bad ,then the doctor in the uk prescribed me with lansoprazole 30ml.and my life changed .when I moved to Thailand 9yrs.ago I to looked for them but to no avail,so I could only get omeprazole 20ml.so I take one tablet at 6am.and one at 3pm.bingo solved perfect.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

An old thread but it will help me to know what the approximate cost is in Thailand of Lansoprazole 30 mg, generic or otherwise, anyone?

I buy Omeprazole 20mg from a local pharmacy here in Chiang Rai, at a cost of 120 baht for a box of 100 capsules and they work fine. I have been getting them for a few years now, and not suffered with any acid reflux. I take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 3:31 PM, Sheryl said:

Thete is no local generic version of lansoprazole only imported brand Prevacid. Which will be quite expensive.

Many local generic equivalent brands of omeprazole though, and this works fine for most people.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I used to use Omeprazole..(Dosate) - very cheap and hightly effective. However after angioplasty 2 years ago and the insertion of 2 stents, I was told I had to use Prevacid 30mg  (50baht/tablet)    I now find that I can manage with one half Prevacid tablet every 3 days, but if I forget, I have problems on the 4th day.

54 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I used to use Omeprazole..(Dosate) - very cheap and hightly effective. However after angioplasty 2 years ago and the insertion of 2 stents, I was told I had to use Prevacid 30mg  (50baht/tablet)    I now find that I can manage with one half Prevacid tablet every 3 days, but if I forget, I have problems on the 4th day.

Interesting, I also have a stent. What is the negative link between angioplasty and Omeprazole?

On 10/14/2018 at 12:01 PM, simoh1490 said:

Interesting, I also have a stent. What is the negative link between angioplasty and Omeprazole?

Following angioplasty one normally is put on clopidogrel tablets (blood thinners) either as Plavix or the generic Apolets.   It is this medicine that reacts badly with omeprazole, and supposedly less so with Prevacid. Google it.

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Following angioplasty one normally is put on clopidogrel tablets (blood thinners) either as Plavix or the generic Apolets.   It is this medicine that reacts badly with omeprazole, and supposedly less so with Prevacid. Google it.

I have....there seems to be considerable evidence to suggest those people on asprin therapy should also be prescibed PPI's since this reduces the risk of abdominal bleeding and reduces morbidity:

https://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2865

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)31618-0/fulltext

On 9/1/2018 at 5:13 PM, Xboxer said:

I buy Omeprazole 20mg from a local pharmacy here in Chiang Rai, at a cost of 120 baht for a box of 100 capsules and they work fine. I have been getting them for a few years now, and not suffered with any acid reflux. I take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

what brand is this?

i usually visit the pharmacy every month for Miracid, 2x14 for 80baht

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I have....there seems to be considerable evidence to suggest those people on asprin therapy should also be prescibed PPI's since this reduces the risk of abdominal bleeding and reduces morbidity:

https://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2865

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)31618-0/fulltext

He is not talking about aspirin but rather clopidogrel, and also nto talking about the need for PPIs per se but rather the fact that  there is an interaction between  omeprazole and several other PPIs that reduces the effectiveness of clopidogrel.

Lansoprazole (also a PPI)  appears to cause less interference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xboxer said:

Is Omeprazole not clear enough?

DSC00056.JPG.1ad32199c14a3d24370efb6fc951bbc5.JPG

Omeprazole is the name of the drug, not the brand

But thanks for taking the photo, I now know to look for the GPO brand, which works out over 3x cheaper

This is why I asked for the brand, not the name of the drug

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, flyingfox1 said:

Thanks might have to that a go and it will hopefully do same job until I get my next supply from uk emoji106.png

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Lansoprazole isn't recommended for long term use. I was prescribed it for a period of a couple of months until my condition settled. Have used Omeprazole 20mg, twice daily for many years now and am fine.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:05 PM, Sheryl said:

He is not talking about aspirin but rather clopidogrel, and also nto talking about the need for PPIs per se but rather the fact that  there is an interaction between  omeprazole and several other PPIs that reduces the effectiveness of clopidogrel.

Lansoprazole (also a PPI)  appears to cause less interference.

I was prescribed clopidogerel for a year after having a stent fitted. Stayed on omeprazole throughout the treatment. No problems.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this only works for me, but to my great surprise, drinking (and cooking with) a little apple cider vinegar removed and eradicated my acid reflux problem pretty definitely. 

Counter intuitive I know but there is a scientific basis for it.