New Phuket film to focus on tsunami, love, Japanese relations

webfact

New Phuket film to focus on tsunami, love, Japanese relations

The Phuket News

1517896151_1-org.jpg

Popular Thai actor-cum-movie director Saharat ‘West Saharat’ Chimpinit (left) is ready to start shooting on location in Phuket. Photo: Phuket Online

PHUKET: Popular Thai actor-cum-movie director Saharat “West Saharat” Chimpinit met with Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong at the Governor’s House on Sunday (Feb 4) to discuss the filming of a new movie “I Miss You” in Phuket starting next month.

“This movie aims to build friendship and good relations between the two countries, specifically between Phuket in Thailand and Ito City in Japan,” Mr Saharat explained.

“This film is a Thai romantic love movie, which relates to two Thai and Japanese people. After the tsunami in Phuket over 10 years ago, they go separate ways but have never forgotten each other, and then they meet again, when they begin their story of friendship, love and hope,” he added.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-phuket-film-to-focus-on-tsunami-love-japanese-relations-65862.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-06

."....Tsunami in Phuket over 10 years ago......"   December 26, 2004, about 10 am to be exact.Cant they remember the date of one the biggest natural disaster at that time in modern history. 

I was in Patong that day and I won't forget it

Not a day to forget if you were on the beach  :sad:

A good movie called "The Impossible" about the Tsunami came out a couple of years later:-  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1649419/

Subtitles are available if you if you want to watch with your other half :- https://subscene.com/subtitles/the-impossible-lo-imposible

Scroll Down for Thai subs.

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Not a day to forget if you were on the beach  :sad:

A good movie called "The Impossible" about the Tsunami came out a couple of years later:-  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1649419/

Subtitles are available if you if you want to watch with your other half :- https://subscene.com/subtitles/the-impossible-lo-imposible

Scroll Down for Thai subs.

I saw it brought back some rather vivid memories. I was working in Taiwan at the time and came to meet a mate in Patong for a few days. Taiwan is one of the most seismically active places in the world so I was used to minor earthquakes. I woke up about 8 am on the morning of the Tsunami to what I thought were minor earthquake tremors and I thought, cant be this is Thailand .

Two hours later I knew what had happened. We ended up on the roof of our hotel at the end of Bangla Road, there were just masses of debris bars that had been ripped out mangled bodies in the debris entangled with motorbikes. We were evacuated at 2pm in the back of a lorry to Phuket town The real shock was going back to Taiwan and watching the death toll rise up to 250,000 people. Think a few people including myself suffered from a bit of PTSD for a while its still shaking me up writing about it now

There's a British movie called 'Aftermath' that is worth seeing. Shows up the pathetic response of the British Embassy. Also shows both sides of the coin of heroism and corruption that took place immediately after the Tsunami. Stars Chiwetel Ejiofor and Tim Roth.

Edited by Chainsaw

9 hours ago, Dave67 said:

."....Tsunami in Phuket over 10 years ago......"   December 26, 2004, about 10 am to be exact.Cant they remember the date of one the biggest natural disaster at that time in modern history. 

I was in Patong that day and I won't forget it

As I remember it - more like 09.15. All over and done by 10.00.  I was on a m/bike on Karon high street when the water arrived. I got the hell back up a hill ASAP.  

5 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Sounds interesting, have you got a link??

My searches turn up something different :sad:

It was a BBC production in 2 parts, hope that helps. In the meantime I'll see if I can find it. BINGO!

Edited by Chainsaw

On 07/02/2018 at 4:51 PM, LivinginKata said:

As I remember it - more like 09.15. All over and done by 10.00.  I was on a m/bike on Karon high street when the water arrived. I got the hell back up a hill ASAP.  

Maybe so it was a long time ago also I was still pissed from drinking  form Chrismas eve to the evening of Christmas day