Farang on bicycle enters temple and steals 1,000 baht donation money

webfact

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

I'm not buying it. I'm afraid that this is just too inconclusive for me. Watch the video again. He has his hand in his pocket just before he touches the tree. He could just as easily be placing money on the tree, as taking it. So this should never have been posted and is possibly a case for the temple to be sued.

i think that he did that to make it look like he was but pocketed money using his other hand into his back pocket. certainly looked like he stole to me. unless he was just looking for a monk but doesn't seem the Buddhist type as he was wearing his shoes

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Just Weird said:
8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm curious how they could tell from this video that he stole a 1,000 Baht note? It doesn't seem clear enough to me, or were they going on height of his hand, and if so how can they tell if it was only one note, not two close together?

Maybe they knew how many B1,000s were on the tree.

Yes, that's what Thairath said. The monk said he had seen the 1000 Baht note on the tree previously and noticed that it had suddenly gone missing.

2 hours ago, keithpa said:

18 years. 15 months as a monk, I know where the money goes, chap.

Isn't it true that some of the money that has been donated to the temples has been used to buy expensive cars overseas, Kelvin Kliene shoulder bags, a private jet, drugs, and isn't it true that many of the temples are under investigation for money that has disappeared

why is it that you know it all , i think i am as funny as john kleese  pommi  arsoooles make fun  and insult every thing in thailand, if you can not say some thing nice shut up, or f off, thai police are great. i am absolutly sick of your english culture of knocking every thing, christ i wish hitler had gone over the top of you weak pommie bastards as he should off, we in aussie took you 10 pound poms in, another mistake you lot are a disgrace to this world, can not even play cricket , soccer or tennis, its no wonder the musilims are now in charge , because all you do is whinge and down grade every body and every thing

5 minutes ago, stropper said:

why is it that you know it all , i think i am as funny as john kleese  pommi  arsoooles make fun  and insult every thing in thailand, if you can not say some thing nice shut up, or f off, thai police are great. i am absolutly sick of your english culture of knocking every thing, christ i wish hitler had gone over the top of you weak pommie bastards as he should off, we in aussie took you 10 pound poms in, another mistake you lot are a disgrace to this world, can not even play cricket , soccer or tennis, its no wonder the musilims are now in charge , because all you do is whinge and down grade every body and every thing

mate. i think it's time to take those meds

**although i did find it quite amusing and i'm a "pommi arsooole"

10 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

You have pretty broke to be robbing temples. This scum shouldn't be in Thailand. Lowest of the low. Too many broke and dirty farangs hanging around in Thailand. Packed to the rafters! Cheap Charlies who are prepared to walk in the Thailand heat all to save 20 baht. Police must find this Losers Representative and let him do hard time. 

C'mon, naught wrong with walking in the heat. Only thing better than a Thai bash? Farang bash. 

10 hours ago, Cadbury said:

That is terrible what some people do. That money could have gone toward a deserving monk's new smart phone or computer or a plane ride to some other part of the country. Shame on the scoundrel!

There is no honour among thieves. 

No way that anyone can be 100% certain this is a farang. Terrible quality CCTV footage that looks as though it's been filmed from a TV screen with a mobile phone and then uploaded onto the internet. Sure it would've been easier just to upload the footage straight from source be it a hard drive or what not. Might then provide a better quality image  Unless the temple is still using tape. 

11 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

You have pretty broke to be robbing temples. This scum shouldn't be in Thailand. Lowest of the low. Too many broke and dirty farangs hanging around in Thailand. Packed to the rafters! Cheap Charlies who are prepared to walk in the Thailand heat all to save 20 baht. Police must find this Losers Representative and let him do hard time. 

From what I know of history, this is exactly the type of thing that Machiavelli would have done just to pass the time of day.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

Isn't it true that some of the money that has been donated to the temples has been used to buy expensive cars overseas, Kelvin Kliene shoulder bags, a private jet, drugs, and isn't it true that many of the temples are under investigation for money that has disappeared

Thats what I am getting at mate. What dont you understand?

11 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

I would sooner rob a thieving Monk /temple ( and they all are) than a hard working normal  person

This looks like a small town scenario, and the farang being on a bicycle must also be a local resident. This must surely bring down the number of possible suspects to where the guilty party could be identified.

Unfortunately there are literally hundreds of farangs riding round Ayutthaya on bicycles identical to this one every day !!
Many come on day trips from Bangkok ( 1 hr away ) or stay o/night in one of the many guesthouses and the favourite pastime is renting a bike and riding round the ancient ruins in the city as well as taking in a couple of the newer Wats .

I live 15 minutes from this Wat and yes i do ride my bike twice a day ( but not in that area ) !! Plus, I don’t ride an old woman’s bike .

Hopefully I don’t get any angry monk confusing me with this guy !, it’s bad enough dodging the traffic and the soi dogs without a vigilante safron cloaked guy leaping on me as I’m peddling on by !! [emoji51]

Incidently i showed my gf the video and asked her if she thought there would be a 1000 baht note on the tree , she thought it very unlikely indeed and that 100 baht is more like the max [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

5 hours ago, keithpa said:

18 years. 15 months as a monk, I know where the money goes, chap.

It sounds exactly that knew where the money goes 

I dont find that comforting it any way!!!

Personally i would never ever give to temple or a monk and i am not overly bothered about people nicking stuff/ money  off them,  even my thai wife does not even trust monks, to her they are the same league as politicians and the police force

Shucks. This is going to reflect badly on us foreigners all. For example a foreigner beating up a Thai can easily be ignored by most Thais, but when religion or anything related to it is involved, this is likely to cause major anti-foreigner sentiment among many Thais.

20 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Unfortunately there are literally hundreds of farangs riding round Ayutthaya on bicycles identical to this one every day !!
Many come on day trips from Bangkok ( 1 hr away ) or stay o/night in one of the many guesthouses and the favourite pastime is renting a bike and riding round the ancient ruins in the city as well as taking in a couple of the newer Wats .

I live 15 minutes from this Wat and yes i do ride my bike twice a day ( but not in that area ) !! Plus, I don’t ride an old woman’s bike .

Hopefully I don’t get any angry monk confusing me with this guy !, it’s bad enough dodging the traffic and the soi dogs without a vigilante safron cloaked guy leaping on me as I’m peddling on by !! emoji51.png

Incidently i showed my gf the video and asked her if she thought there would be a 1000 baht note on the tree , she thought it very unlikely indeed and that 100 baht is more like the max emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png

I'm sorry but you will have to prove your innocents. You say you only live 15 minutes from this particular Wat and that you ride a pushbike twice a day, can you prove that you do not go near this Wat? How do we know that you do not ride a woman's bike, do you have any proof?

Sorry but you are a farang and you ride a pushbike in this area.

I'm sorry but you will have to prove your innocents. You say you only live 15 minutes from this particular Wat and that you ride a pushbike twice a day, can you prove that you do not go near this Wat? How do we know that you do not ride a woman's bike, do you have any proof?
Sorry but you are a farang and you ride a pushbike in this area.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty ?...... oops I’d forgotten where we are for a minute !
Looks like the chips are stacked against me on this one !

On tomorrow’s ride I’ll have one hand on my tactical baton ( no innuendo intended ) in case some brave Buddhist mistakes me for the thief and decides to have a go !

Let’s see:

Farang - check
Riding bike - check
Balding - check
White spindly legs - check

Maybe I should lay low till the heat dies down on this one !! [emoji51]

Archived