Annual Phuket scout camp raises ‘no beach access’ in national park concerns

snoop1130

Annual Phuket scout camp raises ‘no beach access’ in national park concerns

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1517994521_1-org.jpg

However, the campsite has disturbed worried locals. The camp includes a large covered area closed with dark plastic curtains located along the northern reaches of the beach beside the “Layan National Park Office”, within Sirinath National Park.

The area has been closed off to the public for the duration of the three-day camp, which concludes today (Feb 7), meaning the public has not been permitted to walk through the area where the students have set pitched their tents in order to access the beach.

National park officer Ang-ad Rengyi, who is responsible for the section of Layasn Beach where the camp has been set up, yesterday (Feb 6) laughed off concerns that “private individuals” had commandeered a part of Sirinath National Park.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/annual-phuket-scout-camp-raises-no-beach-access-in-national-park-concerns-65880.php#FU0PwXiDpwhEi1lZ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-2-7

They probably just want to protect the children from locals sneaking in at night and raping them or stealing their possessions.

Plenty of drugged up perverted thieves running around.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

They probably just want to protect the children from locals sneaking in at night and raping them or stealing their possessions.

Plenty of drugged up perverted thieves running around.

Very sad post, sayi9ng a lot more about you than than anything else.

• Like 1

Very sad post, sayi9ng a lot more about you than than anything else.
Im glad they put up a safety net around those kids.
No telling what what sort of creeps would wander in at night. Why else do you think they installed it? To keep the kids in and the creeps out.

Says nothing about me whatsoever but thanks for your online personality analysis.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:20 PM, madmitch said:

Let the kids play scouts.

Let the public find another way to the beach.

What's the problem? People hold activities in National Parks all over the world. 

I agree, unless the Scouts start selling food, drinks, massages, and souvenirs, to the tourists on the beach.  :biggrin:

On 2/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, sebastion said:

No telling what what sort of creeps would wander in at night. Why else do you think they installed it? To keep the kids in and the creeps out.

Says nothing about me whatsoever but thanks for your online personality analysis.

Personally i think it speaks volumes. Glad I don't live in your tinfoil hat world.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2018 at 11:24 AM, sebastion said:

Whilst I may have worded it slightly less sensationalist :) , I agree the area should be corderned off. 

Edited by swbaggies