Tourism Authority of Thailand launches new campaign to promote country's diversity

Tourism Authority of Thailand launches new campaign to promote country's diversity

Thailand’s Tourism Authority has launched a new global campaign that aims to promote Thailand to the next generation of travelers.

The campaign, called ‘Open to the new shades’ highlights all the things which have helped to make Thailand one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world: beaches, food, culture and the kind and hospitable Thai people.

Are they serious, "without walls" is defeated when you hit Immigration queues for hours and miss your domestic flight. Diversity is challenged with dual pricing for farang. New food, nah; food is the same globally just prepared differently. So a good waste of money, unless you aspire to be a female farang wanting to learn Muay Thai. How this encourages farang families to visit.......................... maybe if I watch 10 times I might find the answer. 

15 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand lacks any significant religious, ethnic and cultural diversity.

In a sense it's Thailand's lack of diversity that might be attractive to tourism.

TAT's campaign might more honestly be called ‘Open to the new shades of Money.’

"Open to the new Shades"....grammatically it doesn't make sense...if I happened to see these words on a tourist brochure about Thailand...I would wonder <deleted> it meant...New shades of  what?......scamming...corruption? (there's enough of that already)...a real mishmash of a jingle...at least the previous head numptie at TAT promoted the duiran flavoured Kit Kats in a clear concise manner:cheesy:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 9:12 AM, 1337markus said:

Are they serious, "without walls" is defeated when you hit Immigration queues for hours and miss your domestic flight. Diversity is challenged with dual pricing for farang. New food, nah; food is the same globally just prepared differently. So a good waste of money, unless you aspire to be a female farang wanting to learn Muay Thai. How this encourages farang families to visit.......................... maybe if I watch 10 times I might find the answer. 

There was once the customs were closed at 645am, Somchai woke up late or something. Only Thai passportholders could go through because they could use the automated gantry.

Archived