What Is You Opinion Of These Places

TLloyd

After doing some searching, I have come across 3 places that seem to be reasonably priced and somewhere i would want to stay for 3 or 4 weeks. I would appreciate your opinions prior to me booking. Also is one's location better than another.

1. Viangbua Mansion....Looks very nice & reasonable price (they have not responded to my e-mail regarding availability).

2. Fortune residence bungalows...Available & reasonable, but seem to be very close to airport runway.

3. Downtown Inn Hotel...by night market. Most review opinions are positive, a few negative.

Also, my Thai GF found a house for 18K BT p/month and sent me the link, but I don't read Thai. I have no idea where it is. Could someone punch this up & tell me what you think. www.chiangmaihouse4rent.com

What say you, members of the forum?

whahah 18,000b a Month , that is ome serious rental you paying ..

you can get a house for 6,000 baht - 8000 baht .. and the rest of the money can go on to buying a cheap cars over the years

so if your car cost . 100k or 150k .

renting a 18k baht

sometime i wonder how is people paying crazy price for rental when there is so much cheaper one out there..

but then again . is your money .. good luck .. i am renting a huge house . for 10k . 1 rai of land in the city .

i am luck .. had been hunting for house before that and it range from 4000 - 9000 for a small hous ewith 2 room kitchen and a backyard .

new Moo bann is usually expensive . cos is investor who try to rent it to farang like you .

anyway . good luck , if you need help . PM me and i see what i can do .

i do know some place going at 6-8k on the highway . toward airport plaza .

but you do need transport to stay there .

- but is 10k cheaper !!! PER MONTH . wokr out to be 120k a years which can BUY YOU A CAR. then paying rental

Think he only wants a place for a couple of weeks hence thats why I reccoed the ....

....Forget all your troubles,forget all your cares and go............who sung it?

Stayed there once about 15 years (DT Hotel) ago and it was OK.....Spotlight B was half the size then and had a dirt floor...grim but fun...LK was just the same...

Got a couple who want somewhere quiet on next trip in Mar (cheaper than the D2 W) so might bung them in there....opposite R.L.and easy for everything....

3 week = 21 days average .

check yourself in One of this Hotel . baragin a package price .. - you should be able to get about 800b a night .

you get room service , swiming pool , and so much more good luck ..

there is this place oppsite pong ping hotel .. i can't rem the name the room is nice about 600 a night . 21days would be about 12k or so . can try to bargain as you staying more a week .. try checking . a few place cos if you save . 100 b a night you are saving 2000 baht in 3 week .

whahahha aso you can treat some member here to a round of drink .

Also, my Thai GF found a house for 18K BT p/month and sent me the link, but I don't read Thai. I have no idea where it is. Could someone punch this up & tell me what you think. www.chiangmaihouse4rent.com

I see two houses on that website - one for 3,500 Baht, the other for 5,000 Baht - can't see anything for 18K Baht there? See for yourself: http://www.rac4u.com/chiangmaihouse4rent/detail.html

I see two houses on that website - one for 3,500 Baht, the other for 5,000 Baht - can't see anything for 18K Baht there? See for yourself: http://www.rac4u.com/chiangmaihouse4rent/detail.html

Could not believe those prices so done a little more searching, the house on the left on the original website is 3.5k a month but here http://www.cmhouse4rent.com/ 18k!

THat 18k house is a rip off . is not worth 18k .. when is 6 KM out of Hongdong .

so don't get rip off from some photo .

if you hunt around you can get a house more beautiful and bigger for just 5k .or 7 k ..

if your GF is thai i am sure you would know better .

18k is crazy .. think logically .

which thai whom income is 5-10k can afford aq 18k house ..

and the best part is alot of thai is stay in such houses .. in that photo .

so don't get rip off ..

since you are just coming for 3 week .

i suggest go check in some cheap guesthouse . in town .. for 200 baht a night .

and 21 days = 4000 bath .. you still get room service .

and if you like BUY A TV for 2500 baht .. and sell if off when you leave for 1000 b

if you eat out everyday . for 200 baht . WHICH is alot . thatwould be another 4000 baht .

you still spend under 10k . - and in comfort and with room service .

. seriously i worry for you .

I have stayed at Vingbua mansion 2 times each over 1 month. I found the rooms to be very good the staff to be very friendly. I would stay again but I bought a condo. Vingbua is a little out of the way but I found that rather nice. It is also right next to a Thai market which is a big plus. I would give it an A+

Thank you peaceseeker...Your informative input is appreciated. When you say it is a little out of the way, in what way/manner do you refer?

Thanks again...maybe I could hook up with you & your significant other & repay the hospitality when I get to CM later in February.

In reference to the 3,500 Baht/Mth property, here's what I can tell you from the info on the website:

Their map states it's located in the "Chiangmai Health Club" 6KM down Hang Dong Rd (presumably that means 6KM from Central Airport Plaza), after the Night Safari turn-off.

They're asking for you to make the security deposit directly into their Bangkok Bank account (Jom Thong branch) using the supplied account number. No way I'd do this - do it in person, get a copy of their ID, a receipt and a rental contract - otherwise you're just effectively giving money away. That said, it is unfortunately rare that you get your deposit back, but at least make sure you're giving it to the person that's giving you the keys! I wouldn't recommend taking it on if you're only looking for a short stay (say < 6 months).

The place itself looks new, and has at least some furnishings, so all and all I'd say it's worth 3500 Baht/Month - that's pretty much bottom dollar for something in a reasonable area and condition. You normally wouldn't get a decent place AND decent furniture for that kind of money. Note that it looks to be in a fairly compact moo-ban (housing project) which means your neighbors will be close. Of course being a townhouse you're going to have at least one attached neighbor anyway.

If you're not familiar with the area, Hang Dong Rd is a major arterial in CM. It's a dual divided carriageway, and is normally quite busy but flows OK - be warned that during peak hour the going is slow, and it has a tendency to flood during the wet season, causing total chaos. Still, there are alternative routes you can follow, and it looks like the place is reasonably close to the middle and outer ring roads if you want to escape the traffic (and don't care about the extra miles).

You'll find that Tesco Lotus is probably only 5 minutes away, and you're also only a few minutes drive from the Ban Tawai (handicrafts and hand-made furniture) district heading in the other direction. Plenty of little Thai restaurants peppered around the area too. Hang Dong road is also well serviced by Songteow's and a bus if you don't have wheels of your own.

Be mindful to check for aircraft noise though - it's going to be just off the flight path!

Hope this helps.

Edit: I suppose one other point of note is the fact that the vendor/agent has advertised the same property at two entirely different prices (one ludicrous) - this alone might be enough warning to keep on looking - your call.

Edited by BlissfullyIgnorant

Thanks Blissfull (I'm leaving off the ignorant part because your post is so informative).

I'll consider all of the points you brought up. Now I have some things to base a decision on.

Thanks again to all who brought information to my request for same. :o

pardon me if you think i am trying to piss you off .. and since you prefer to hear nice words which i am not able to be a people pleaser - i would not reply anymore after this post..

- i am just lazy to explain more -

best of luck . in your house hunt . i would not take anything personal from anyone whom i had never met .

just voice view . and i really care less who anyone like what i think or feel .

I stayed at Viangbua Mansion for three weeks in Nov/Dec and found it to be very good. Well-maintained, friendly staff, internet speed OK for emails, rooms very comfortable. Negatives -- no pool and restaurant open just for breakfast and lunch. It is close to a big Thai market with many places for cheap eats, so didn't need to use hotel restaurant much. Location is about 6 blocks north of old city in a residential area. Things seemed to shut down before midnight in the neighborhood. However, song taews are plentiful and it's an easy walk to old CM if you want to party. We'll probably stay there again next time in CM.

They were very responsive to emails when we made arrangements. Try again if they still haven't responded to initial inquiry. Something got lost in cyberspace.