Never thought it would come to this

swissie

20 hours ago, norrska said:

Seems all your "facts" are those from some publication or another.

Wrong. My extensive knowledge has been gleaned from education, data sources, empirical observation, and from common sense which includes knowing when someone is blowing smoke.

You have never given the impression that you have ever actually  lived in any of these places you claim to know so much about.

Wrong.  I have no need to try and impress people by boasting where or where I haven't been, unlike yourself.  Unfortunately for you, I probably have more experience in almost all of the areas you have lived, than you.  That being said, it is a logical fallacy to claim you have to live somewhere to "know" about it.  I don't need to live in or visit Chicago to know it has a high murder rate.  I don't need to live in Germany to know that many WW1 and WW2 battles were fought there etcetc.  You seem to imply that something only occurred if you personally experienced it which is some sort of personal observation bias and fantasy.

Soooo your "extensive" knowledge was gained by everything BUT residence?

BTW which MANY battles were fought in Germany during WW1?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

had their governments not given into greed and given a green light to the "Profession"

I guess we now know which side of the equation you are on, then.

Were it not for the girls, Pattaya might have ended up as another Hua Hin <deleted>, so happy for us that it didn't then.

BTW, I don't think the "government" encouraged the scene at all. The Thais had a well developed scene for a very long time and it was just an extension of that scene when thousands of lusty young Americans came to LOS on R and R.

Not a new thing at all.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

31.7% of GDP in 2027".

Brave indeed of anyone to state what anything at all will be in 2027. 

By then the world could be destroyed by an asteroid strike ( or a nuclear immolation ), or we could all be Chinese subjects etc etc.

I realise that some minion in an office somewhere is paid to come up with statistics that depend on extrapolating what is happening NOW, but it's just guessing. Who could have foreseen the Russian invasion, and exit, or the Chinese zero baht tours back in 1995?

By 2027 VR might make actual travel irrelevant, and sex androids might make Pattaya a ghost town, but who knows? I'm pickin' that antibiotic resistant diseases will kill off half the population of the planet within 20 years, but that's a guess too.

Why would sex androids make Pattaya a ghost town?  Most of the 'new tourists' aren't coming to Pattaya for sex.  

On 16/02/2018 at 3:07 PM, whitemouse said:

I have a confession to make,

whenever I feel slightly down (too hot, too cold, too much traffic, too little traffic due to low season, Thais being too friendly and imposing, Thais too rude, and not letting people cross a road, Thai girls too fat, and all the pretty ones walking in malls with their handsome Thai boyfriends in hand, and not  wanting to be with me..  things like that) I come to ThaiVisa Forum, to be cheered up. So thank you,  Swissie, beachlover, every other Pattaya ex resident, I read about your misery, and I feel blessed, not a worry in my head after 10 min here. And  I realize my life is really, really good. 

The best therapy for a rainy day is TVF Pattaya subforum ')

Thank you, guys!

Well said

On 09/02/2018 at 12:56 AM, reenatinnakor said:

You should try and do some sports or any leisure activity rather than just go to the bars and moan about it... And not even local bars at that!

Everyone I know that lives here loves it. Every day they are either playing golf, football, tennis, badminton, swimming, running, cycling... Some French dude even has a boules group! In Pattaya! Most locals don't often go to the beaches or walking street... Unless it's the beaches towards sattahip and the navy base. I've lived here 3 years and been to walking street about 5x.

Bottle of beer is 55 baht in some places... Gone up 10 baht from the low season. Food can be cheap or expensive depending where you go. Thais standard of living has improved over the last 20 years, so they don't need to bow to foreigners who think they are the dogs bxxxxx.

Shame the advice before wasn't "if you don't like it, get out and don't comment about it!". Not that you would have taken the advice anyway. Next time your in Pattaya give me a shout, I'll show you around, no walking street though.

There are still reasons for occasional visit to WS. A couple of old style GG bars.  Some good rock bars. An Issan bar. Cheap food and imported bottled beer gor 39baht at the IBar from 8 till 10. And you can still vet a drink and a bird at 6am.

21 hours ago, The manic said:

There are still reasons for occasional visit to WS. A couple of old style GG bars.  Some good rock bars. An Issan bar. Cheap food and imported bottled beer gor 39baht at the IBar from 8 till 10. And you can still vet a drink and a bird at 6am.

Best people watching place, EVER. The exit to Nana is pretty good at closing time, but W S goes on all night.

Archived