Best Way To Pattaya From New Bkk Airport?

sbaker8688

Flying into the new airport from abroad. Going to see a friend in Pattaya for a few days before heading up north.

What's the best way to get to Pattaya from the new BKK airport? I am arriving at about 12:25 in the afternoon. I doubt it would be very pleasant to go all the way back to BKK in a taxi to try to hook up with a bus. Is there any transport near the new airport that would get you to Pattaya? What would you do?

Thanks.

S.

Flying into the new airport from abroad. Going to see a friend in Pattaya for a few days before heading up north.

What's the best way to get to Pattaya from the new BKK airport? I am arriving at about 12:25 in the afternoon. I doubt it would be very pleasant to go all the way back to BKK in a taxi to try to hook up with a bus. Is there any transport near the new airport that would get you to Pattaya? What would you do?

Thanks.

S.

Ik took a cab, cost 2000 bath ( around 43,00 euro ) with 4 persons, took about 2,5 hrs.

Thanks.

S.

Ik took a cab, cost 2000 bath ( around 43,00 euro ) with 4 persons, took about 2,5 hrs.

1400-1600 baht, 2 hour to pattaya max.

Just negotiate a price with the swarms of taxi touts.

Get a Toyota Camay if you can.

Have a nice day.

Thanks.

S.

You're asking for the "best way". That would depend on what you consider "best". Is that the cheapest way, or the quickest most comfortable way?

The quickest and most comfortable way would be a limousine straight from the arrival hall. I suspect they're now asking about 2000 to 2500. 90 minutes.

The next most comfortable option is regulalr taxi from the arrival hall.... around 1,400. 90 minutes.

The cheapest and least comfortable way is to take a shuttle bus from the arrival hall to the transportation center and catch a bus for around 106 baht. The total time will depend on when the next bus leaves because you'll have to add waiting time to the roughly 2 hours of travelling time in the bus. There have been timetables posted on this forum. You'll easily find them if you do a search...there was a thread on this topic not so long ago.

the cheapest way, probably, is for your friend to arrange with a local taxi firm to collect you. He will have to pay a deposit at least or maybe the whole fare up front. Should not cost more than 1000 Baht.

Here's a link to an online booking service, I have never used this, but it seems that you do not have to pay up front.

http://www.learn-in-asia.com/taxitransfers.htm

Never tried this one, and definitely not the cheapest!

http://www.classroom1.com/informationonthailand.htm

I recomend the Thai Limousine service. The booking desk is on your right hand side as you emerge from customs.

The cost is 2,600 baht to Pattaya and the journey time is 90 minutes.

The car was modern and spacious and comfortable a: Nissan Teana.

You receive a full printed receipt for your records.

Alternatively, if you wish to save money; catch a bus.

I recomend the Thai Limousine service. The booking desk is on your right hand side as you emerge from customs.

Thats a 1000 baht to much, you can get the same ride in a toyota camey and

a receipt.

Thai limousine lost my cutom two years ago when they jacked the prices up.

they are not a 1000 baht better.

Have a nice day.

Wow, this topic keeps cropping up.

LIMO 1200THB (all tolls included in price), you need to pre book and pay upfront, but the driver will be there to meet you as you emerge from customs.

It was only three days ago I replied on another thread, Taxi To Pattaya From Bkk Airport Maybe a good idea to “pin” a thread that details all transport options from/to; Bangkok, Suvarnabumi Airport & Utapio?

<<The cheapest and least comfortable way is to take a shuttle bus from the arrival hall to the transportation center and catch a bus for around 106 baht.>>

This sounds like a good option. Are there signs, i.e. "arrival hall this way" and "shuttle bus that way?" Do the shuttle bus people and transportation center people speak english?

Thanks - great info.

Find the elevator in the arrival hall (good luck with that as there are no signs). Take the elevator down to a lower level (not sure exactly which level, can someone say?). Wait in line for a taxi meter. The two times I did this, the wait was one minute. Tell the person at the desk where you are going and they will quote about 1300 baht including tolls and give you an official airport taxi paper just like at the old airport. When boarding the cab, make sure the driver agrees with you about the fare, and then you are off.

The touts are so aggressive I suggest not supporting them and just going to the official taxi waiting areas. Just like the old airport, but more difficult to find if looking the first time as there are no signs telling you that you have to go down to a lower level. Don't even think about asking the touts how to do this unless you want to experience the famous Thai blank stare face.

Edited by Jingthing

I'd like to catch the bus at the Transportation Center. I just want to make sure here...

1) THE "TRANSPORTATION CENTER" IS NOT ALL THE WAY BACK TO BANGKOK, RIGHT? I am assuming it's somewhere on the premises of the new airport, and simply requires locating and taking a shuttle bus to it? I'm not down with a 45 minute ride all the way back to BKK.

2) Where do I find the shuttles to the Transpo Center?

Thanks.

I'd like to catch the bus at the Transportation Center. I just want to make sure here...

1) THE "TRANSPORTATION CENTER" IS NOT ALL THE WAY BACK TO BANGKOK, RIGHT? I am assuming it's somewhere on the premises of the new airport, and simply requires locating and taking a shuttle bus to it? I'm not down with a 45 minute ride all the way back to BKK.

its around 3km from the terminal

2) Where do I find the shuttles to the Transpo Center?

http://www2.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/s...dex.asp?lang=en have a look at the site

http://www2.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/s...ortation_center

Thanks.

I am learning more every day..........

So: The options are;

1. Thai Limousine 2600 Baht

2. Bus 106 Baht

3. Taxi Meter (down the elevator) 1300 Baht

4. Touts. (I used to use touts at Don Muang and it was hit and miss, always about 1200-1600 baht but car type, driver madness, dodgy drivers, aggressive demand of tip on arrival, stop off en-route to pick up jhig, loud mental music, smoking or mobile phone every five minutes, etc. So I gave up with the touts.

If I arrive with only hand luggage in the day; sure; the bus.

But past midnight with several bags and cash, a safe bet is limousine.

Extra question to those who use the touts; how can you be sure he is a good bet?

[

name='libya 115' date='2007-01-21 20:28:19' post='1094147]Extra question to those who use the touts; how can you be sure he is a good bet?

You Can’t but that can be said for all.

The only thing I would suggest is insist on a good quality car.

if a beaten up old Volvo or Merc turns up don’t get in it.

And all bookings should have an official receipt.

Look at your driver, does he look like he has not slept for 24 Hours

Is he un kept, look at how his dressed, these are all indications of the type of driver you have., but still no guarantees

All the touts I have ever used stop at an office in Pattaya third road

(I think it is the Thai limo office not sure on that)

just to check-in and sort out there return trip out.

Still no guarantee.

I think you question is very valid because people have suggested in different threads ( old airport)about waving a Taxi down, that might have just dropped someone off at the airport, this is stupid and very dangerous as you have no idea who the guy is. don't do it

All that said, I have never had any real problems with Taxis from the Airport.

But had plenty of problems with Taxis from Pattaya to the Airport but that’s a different story.

Have a nice day

When Thai Limo began charging 2,600 I stopped using them and instead used Airport Limo that had desks at Don Muang after the barrier but before exit doors. They were 600 baht cheaper. Are they not at the new airport?

Other way to do it is to hire a recommended car and driver. I have 2 I would use to go to the airport or pick me up at the airport.

Friends of friends phoned me from the airport a couple of days ago to say their arranged car (not car I use) hadn't turned up.

Haven't been to the new airport yet and not looking forward to it. Reading about it the place still seems to be a mess what with long queues for check in and immigration then being bussed to the far reaches to catch plane to a neighbouring country. Not to mention infrastructure inside and out.

:D-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2007-01-21 14:57:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, this topic keeps cropping up.

LIMO 1200THB (all tolls included in price), you need to pre book and pay upfront, but the driver will be there to meet you as you emerge from customs.

It was only three days ago I replied on another thread, Taxi To Pattaya From Bkk Airport Maybe a good idea to “pin” a thread that details all transport options from/to; Bangkok, Suvarnabumi Airport & Utapio?

I had a look at the site, it looks good, i will try it out next time and let you all know.

If an old Volo or smashed up Merc turns up, i will also let you know.

Have a nice day :o

Haven't been to the new airport yet and not looking forward to it. Reading about it the place still seems to be a mess what with long queues for check in and immigration then being bussed to the far reaches to catch plane to a neighbouring country. Not to mention infrastructure inside and out.

The new airport is not that bad from a travellers point of view,

I have seen a lot worse around this world.

give it some time and they will fix some of the things we care about.

:o

Went to bkk last november and found The new airport not to bad i have being and seen a lot worse.

lets give them some time to fix and put things right,lets see in a year if its better, I bet that terimal 5 at heathrow Will also have some problems

(hopefully not as many as bkk)

pete&som

The new airport is not that bad from a travellers point of view,

I have seen a lot worse around this world.

give it some time and they will fix some of the things we care about.

:o

Heading on front page of today's BKK Post "Sub-standard work likely cause of cracks, wavy surfaces." In body of article "cracks on the eastern runway were very fine, but those on the western runway were bigger and could affect safety."

I suppose we will find out eventually what is going on under the asphalt. I hear a team of experts will be looking at the runways. In the meantime I think I won't be needing taxis, bus, limo, until everything is moved back to Don Muang.

Don't stress about this Tammi. I went there for the first time in November with all these horror stories in my mind. I found it to be a very pleasant experience. Everything was easy to find and went smoothly. I think most of the problems are behind the scenes and won't be noticed by casual observers (except maybe the difficulty finding toilets).

Take the shuttle to the transport station. buy a ticket for the pattaya bus 106 baht

on the bus you get a drink and a snack.

I took the bus from the transportation station to Pattaya late November. It was parked close to the ticket booth. No snacks or drinks were on offer.

This was early afternoon. I did notice a drink and snack station in the bus right behind my seat, but they weren't using it.

Edited by tropo

I used to go to the departure floor at DM and pick up a taxi there, is that no longer an option? This will be my first time at the new airport, what floor is the departure level on?

In saying that, 1200 for someone to pick me up ein't too bad might consider that if the sevice is decent

Heading on front page of today's BKK Post "Sub-standard work likely cause of cracks, wavy surfaces." In body of article "cracks on the eastern runway were very fine, but those on the western runway were bigger and could affect safety."

I suppose we will find out eventually what is going on under the asphalt. I hear a team of experts will be looking at the runways. In the meantime I think I won't be needing taxis, bus, limo, until everything is moved back to Don Muang.

Before the area was renamed 'Golden Land; (Suvarnabhumi) it was called Cobra Swamp.

Now I have built roads across sebkha and swamp. It takes a lot of time and a lot of material.

On Suvarnabhumi the runways were started and finished within about nine months, to the best of my recollection. And half way through they were re-excavating and re-compacting the base courses for a month or two. I was building the membrane roof (the part that doesn't leak). To me, not nearly enough time and effort went into the gradual placement of the many layers that should go into that essential part of an airport. But we were all under great pressure from wacky tacky to complete the whole project so that he could claim some credit.

The runways have been in use since the end of September - that's four months. Nothing should be visible in the way of cracking, heave, bumps, ridges, whatever. This is just rank bad construction by people who would not stand up and say that there is a set of procedures that need to be followed and that these will take time.

I wonder who made a lot of money by selling Cobra Swamp to the NBIA? Wasn't WT - the site was chosen long before he was PM.

Edited by Humphrey Bear

Thats a 1000 baht to much, you can get the same ride in a toyota camey and

a receipt.

Thai limousine lost my cutom two years ago when they jacked the prices up.

they are not a 1000 baht better.

Have a nice day.

I'm sure they weren't too bothered about losing your "cutom". They would have had quite a mess to clean up in the back.

On the bus option:

All the schedules I've seen show a bus leaving at 9am and then the next one at 1pm !!!

I arrive 9:30 in the morning and would like to go by bus. Are there more buses to Pattaya? I don't fancy one that stops all over the place.

** HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY TAKEN THIS BUS ** , i.e. the 106 baht one, NOT the one that leaves only 9am, 1pm, etc.

If not, WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TO EKAMAI --> What road would a meter taxi best take to Ekamai?

I read somewhere that there is a company named Pattaya-Bell Travel Service that have buses to Pattaya and sent them a email requesting information .

Here is the answer I got from them

Dear ......

> > Here is our timetable from airport to Pattaya:

> > 8.00/10.00/12.00/14.00/16.00/18.00.

> >

> > You can reserve your seat via this e-mail, just

> > simply provide me your

> > flight's details, your accommodation in Pattaya and

> > no of seat to be

> > reservd. Then, we will arrange the transportation

> > for you directly to your

> > hotel only 150 baht per person.

> >

> > Looking forward to servicing you soon.

> >

> > Best regards,

> > Sirisong

I booked the bus with them for February .

They conformed as followed:

Our representative will be waiting for you on Ground Floor gate#7 next

to

Tourist Police counter, holding "Pattaya-Bell Travel Service" sign. She

will

be there around 7.30 am.

Thank you for booking with us.

Best regards,

Sirisong

The email adress is : [email protected]

Mr. Toom at [email protected]

1200 Baht from the airport to Pattaya includes tolls and parking charges

1000 Baht from Pattaya to the airport includes tolls

He (or one of his people) will meet you at the airport and take you to Pattaya

I have never used his service but I have hired him to pick me up in early February, he has been recommended.