Can I do a Cambodia visa run to Cambodia in the evening?

At most border crossings with Cambodia, the border closes at 8:00 pm (except for things like medical emergencies from Cambodia to Thailand). If you arrived at the border at 7:00 pm, you could probably make it, but I think 7:30 pm would be too late to get in and out. Possibly, with some greasing of palms, you might be rushed through, but it would be dubious at best.

As already written by someone else, knowing which border crossing you plan to use might help us provide better advice.

12 minutes ago, BritTim said:

At most border crossings with Cambodia, the border closes at 8:00 pm (except for things like medical emergencies from Cambodia to Thailand). If you arrived at the border at 7:00 pm, you could probably make it, but I think 7:30 pm would be too late to get in and out. Possibly, with some greasing of palms, you might be rushed through, but it would be dubious at best.

As already written by someone else, knowing which border crossing you plan to use might help us provide better advice.

The border is the one near the south, not sure :

Pong Nam Bong it says on the stamp, issuing post Prum it says on the visa

1 hour ago, ikebukuro5 said:

That is the border crossing more commonly referred to as Ban Pakard (the tiny hamlet on the Thai side of the border). The nearest large town on the Cambodian side is Pailin.

There may be some good news. According to this source, the hours of operation at Ban Pakard (they call it Ban Pak Kard) were extended, and the border is open until 10:00 pm: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-cambodian-border-opening-hours-extended/. I would not treat this as definite. When I was last there, it was not busy late in the day, and extended hours at this crossing strikes me as quite surprising.

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

That is the border crossing more commonly referred to as Ban Pakard (the tiny hamlet on the Thai side of the border). The nearest large town on the Cambodian side is Pailin.

There may be some good news. According to this source, the hours of operation at Ban Pakard (they call it Ban Pak Kard) were extended, and the border is open until 10:00 pm: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-cambodian-border-opening-hours-extended/. I would not treat this as definite. When I was last there, it was not busy late in the day, and extended hours at this crossing strikes me as quite surprising.

But it would be at least 8pm right? And I can go in and out the same day right then and there? 

I don't want to spend a night in Cambodia...

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

But it would be at least 8pm right? And I can go in and out the same day right then and there? 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Which border crossing will you use?

9 hours ago, ikebukuro5 said:

That post from 2013...!

9 hours ago, ikebukuro5 said:

As I wrote in my earlier post, if the border closes at 8:00 pm, you should plan to be at the border by 7:00 pm at the very latest if you want to complete an in-out in time. 7:30 pm (the eta in your original post) will likely be too late unless the extended hours at the border are a reality.

• Like 1