Yingluck and Thaksin spotted shopping in Beijing

rooster59

8 hours ago, electric said:

"Thai authorities are unsure of her status in UK" ?

What !! She's a convicted felon on the lam. I'm astounded that UK and Thai Govts seem unable to share info on situations like this.

Maybe it's time to place a decent size bounty on international crims ? Get the mercenary bounty hunters involved. Pretty sure we'd see quick results.

Couldn't be any worse than the current extradition attempts, which are really embarrassing and totally impotent.

"Get the mercenary bounty hunters involved".

Impossible, as they are illegal in most countries including Thailand and UK.  You watch too much TV!

Edited by Just Weird

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Can you give us evidence of the "real relationship" Thaksin had with the current Chinese leaders and perhaps contrast that with the relationship you believe the current Thai government leaders have; highlighting why you believe his is better. Secondly, can you elaborate on why the Thai people, in your opinion, would prefer Thaksin to deal with China.

Thanks.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2014/11/13/commentary/world-commentary/china-ready-write-shinawatras/#.WoADsLPsTZs

Last half of the article

The Shins do not go to China for the fresh air or the weather.   They go there for maintaining relationships.  The junta has returned to shaky ground. 

Edited by yellowboat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Thian said:

And what about that thailand ordered interpol to arrest her? First London and now even China doesn't listen to that?

Thailand did not order Interpol to arrest her because Thailand cannot order Interpol to arrest anyone.  Interpol does not arrest people on behalf of others.

8 hours ago, simon43 said:

Since they are presumably in China with the blessing of the Chinese government, it demonstrates the 'lap dog' position of Thailand in their relationship with their Chinese masters.

No it doesn't, it demonstrates that she has committed no offences in China and is not a wanted person there, that's all.

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

There is always one who has to bring logic and common sense in to a thread!

Yes, but it sure wasn't worgeordie.  What he suggests will never happen, the UK has said that already, unless that is the reason for Boris's visit here, of course (which it won't be).

8 hours ago, Thian said:

I don't know how interpol exactly works but i would think it only works if all members listen to eachother.

Next time Thailand arrests a notorious UK-ciminal they might also not listen to interpol me thinks...

"I don't know how interpol exactly works.."

No kidding?   Have a look at it's website, it will tell you all you need to know.

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I used to have 2 English passports quite legally as a company employee and later as a self employed businessman. One was for Moslem countries and the other was my normal one.

I have no idea if I could have got another.

At least one of Yingluck's would have been a diplomatic passport, and a second I believe is normally issued to all Thai ex-PMs a third one would have been a normal passport that every Thai can apply for.

Eeeeh! I sincerely hope that you are aware of that the explaination doesn´t make it either more nessesary or smart.

That you might need one normal passport and one diplomatic, I can understand. The diplomatic passport should have been gone directly after she was ousted, and no longer a person in the government or working for the state international affairs.

That makes the thing clear in my eyes. She should have been having 1 passport that was revoked or cancelled, or whatever you might want to call it.

Thailand do not have a separate passport for specific religions. I guess only UK can come up with an extreme and obviously different measure like that.
Why that exists is that the prophet Muhammed has green as a favorite color, and due to that most muslim countries have green pages in their passports. 
You must be talking about a time that was before UK was a member of EU, because my passport is in the EU, and all countries there have same color.

However, do not fear! You will soon get back your much beloved classical UK passport, at the cost of a significant loss in the economy.

Edited by Get Real

4 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

From your link:

"Additional requirements 

Be at least 18 years old 

Undergo a 'fit and proper' test  

Demonstrate a clean criminal record 

Demonstrate that they are healthy 

Must be covered by an international insurance policy"

Oh dear, Yingluck.

13 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Eeeeh! I sincerely hope that you are aware of that the explaination doesn´t make it either more nessesary or smart.

That you might need one normal passport and one diplomatic, I can understand. The diplomatic passport should have been gone directly after she was ousted, and no longer a person in the government or working for the state international affairs.

That makes the thing clear in my eyes. She should have been having 1 passport that was revoked or cancelled, or whatever you might want to call it.

Thailand do not have a separate passport for specific religions. I guess only UK can come up with an extreme and obviously different measure like that.

"The diplomatic passport should have been gone directly after she was ousted, and no longer a person in the government or working for the state international affairs".

No, it shouldn't, ex-PMs are entitled to retain Diplomatic passports indefinitely as they do in most countries.

"Thailand do not have a separate passport for specific religions. I guess only UK can come up with an extreme and obviously different measure like that".

Neither does any other country, 2nd passports are not necessarily issued because of one's religion.

Edited by Just Weird

11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

There's no fooling the Thai authorities... You may think you're one step ahead Yingluck, but actually, you're about 12 steps ahead !!

Yingluck is fast becoming the 2018 version of "Where's Wally?".  Does anyone really care where these low lifes are?  

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"The diplomatic passport should have been gone directly after she was ousted, and no longer a person in the government or working for the state international affairs".

No, it shouldn't, ex-PMs are entitled to retain Diplomatic passports indefinitely as they do in most countries.

"Thailand do not have a separate passport for specific religions. I guess only UK can come up with an extreme and obviously different measure like that".

Neither does any other country, 2nd passports are not necessarily issued because of one's religion.

As usual I can see that you didn´t bother to read what I was commenting on.

Regarding the diplomatic passport, IMO, it should be revoked after served duty. That due to it is no longer needed in private life.

54 minutes ago, Get Real said:

As usual I can see that you didn´t bother to read what I was commenting on.

Regarding the diplomatic passport, IMO, it should be revoked after served duty. That due to it is no longer needed in private life.

I did bother to read it.

Your opinion about whether those given a Diplomatic passport whilst working in a position that entitles them to have one should keep it after they leave the job is yours, of course, but it is superfluous because all "diplomats" who have held positions such as Yingluck in all countries are entitled to retain the DP indefinitely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I did bother to read it.

Your opinion about whether those given a Diplomatic passport whilst working in a position that entitles them to have one should keep it after they leave the job is yours, of course, but it is superfluous because all "diplomats" who have held positions such as Yingluck in all countries are entitled to retain the DP indefinitely.

That was not what the comment that you didn´t bother to read was about. Take a wild guess now. It was 2 things the comment was about.

That opinion regarding passport I replied with.

Edited by Get Real

14 hours ago, greenchair said:

I was not a particular fan myself, however, were there to be a vote for him to come back? 

He would win with millions and millions in favour. 

That is the true will of the Thai people. 

Hence elections postponed indefinitely...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Why that exists is that the prophet Muhammed has green as a favorite color, and due to that most muslim countries have green pages in their passports. 
You must be talking about a time that was before UK was a member of EU, because my passport is in the EU, and all countries there have same color.

However, do not fear! You will soon get back your much beloved classical UK passport, at the cost of a significant loss in the economy.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about as 2 passports for business travellers were/are quite common. Try doing a little research before posting. Here is a good starting point.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/features/apply-second-uk-passport/

I have no idea how Thailand issues passports but if you visit a muslim country after a visa issued from Isreal you will have a problem and the same the other way around.

What happens if you have to get a visa for another country that will take 2 or 3 weeks and you have only one passport which you are supposed to carry with you all the time?

When I had 2 passports the UK was a member of the EU and both passports were red as is my current passport.

Frankly I don't care what colour my passport is. Do you?

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about as 2 passports for business travellers were/are quite common. Try doing a little research before posting. Here is a good starting point.

Thanks! Absolutely no idea at all. :cheesy:

Not feel the need to read, due to that I have nessecary knowledge.

I have no idea how Thailand issues passports but if you visit a muslim country after a visa issued from Isreal you will have a problem and the same the other way around.

What happens if you have to get a visa for another country that will take 2 or 3 weeks and you have only one passport which you are supposed to carry with you all the time?

Most countries in the world accepts a copy of your passport first pages and a copy of your valid visa/stamp together with a receipt for your visa application. See, no problem!

When I had 2 passports the UK was a member of the EU and both passports were red as is my current passport.

Frankly I don't care what colour my passport is. Do you?

Outside of the passport was red. I talked about the pages, and they were, and are, blue.

To sum it all up, you were right in almost nothing.

18 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Thanks! Absolutely no idea at all. :cheesy:

Most countries in the world accepts a copy of your passport first pages and a copy of your valid visa/stamp together with a receipt for your visa application. See, no problem!

Outside of the passport was red. I talked about the pages, and they were, and are, blue.

To sum it all up, you were right in almost nothing.

And you sir believe the sun rises and sets at your pleasure.  We are all so blessed to endure your insults and put downs,  to be dismissed by such a young, handsome  intellectual as yourself is truly an honour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

I used to travel a lot on business to Africa, it was quite normal in our company to have/need a second-passport, one would be in-use while travelling while the second was off gathering visas for the next trip.

So billd766 is quite correct in what he says, IME.

I guess you learn something new, sometimes ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

And you sir believe the sun rises and sets at your pleasure.  We are all so blessed to endure your insults and put downs,  to be dismissed by such a young, handsome  intellectual as yourself is truly an honour.

Just one thing wrong. As you surely understand, I can´t control the sun. Icarus, the son of Daedalus just tried to come close. He burned his wings.
On the other hand, thanks for everything else. You really made me feel proud. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Just one thing wrong. As you surely understand, I can´t control the sun. Icarus, the son of Daedalus just tried to come close. He burned his wings.
On the other hand, thanks for everything else. You really made me feel proud. :thumbsup:

Just like when your mother told you that you were special?  

Narcissus the Hunter is far more apt, I agree. Good of you to get away from looking at your own reflection to let me know your feelings.  You can overcome this if you really try hard, my 'special" friend

• Thanks 1