Health and Safety at work

I know its a long shot but is there such a thing as HSE at work in Thailand have a friend who works in a office and a few people are getting sick due to the the AC not been cleaned for over 10 years.  Is there a government organisation that could be contacted or is it behind the times with HSE at work.

Ha ha....are you kidding me ? I worked at a government school...we had rats living above us in the dropped ceiling so they poisoned them and after the rats died they just left them there to fester. The male teacher's toilet had an opening in the roof where water would pool so that when you came in first thing in the morning, the mosquitoes would be literally thick enough to cut with a knife...LITERALLY ! You had to close your eyes and hold your breath just to pee and then worry about how many made their way inside your trousers while you did. They would spray for insects with powerful insecticides while school was still in session so that when students and teachers came out of class the hallways would be wet with poison and the air would still be thick with the spray.....and if that wasn't bad enough...I had to teach Mattayom 1 and 2 (talk about health hazards !)

I could go on....and on

if you want a quick end to your career you can follow that enquiry all the way up to the top.  In fact as far as they let you.

You will find that people will even listen to you if you make enough noise

Hell you may even be able to hold a meeting on it.

However, you will alienate all your colleagues, even those who agree with you.  You will upset the politically inflyuential by making them lose face.  This will result in alienation by all colleagues and any one you perceive to be a friend or friendly.

Once you have explained your case clearly, and even had people agree with you

nothing will be done

Can you imagine an entity in Thailand actually caring enough to be able to act on such a complaint?  they don't even act on what they do know or cannot hide

2.5 months into high pollution/haze at levels typically classified as unhealthy and hazardous on occasions.

I saw goveernment staff burning stuff at the exit of the tollway the other day, police were helping them, smoke all over the road, tyres, wood and all sorts of stuff chucked on that thing,

The only chance is if the company is part of a larger international organisation/company what have you you can shame your internal HR to deal with HSE stuff, but other wise you would have more luck in attempting to explain to the world why general time keeper should lose or quit his position, or why italthai exec should be arrrested

• Like 1