Extension of Marraige O-Visa at Nonthaburi Immigration

Trying to remember if I need multiple copies of documents for the extension, or just the originals and 1 copy? There were some oddball things for the first one that I am assuming aren't needed for the extension, like the witness statements, correct? Basically trying to figure out whats only needed for the extension, the first one was a nightmare, but they made it sound like the extension would be much easier...Lets hope!

You need 2 completed TM7 forms with any originals attached to one of them along with any copies and copies of all documents attached to the other form. Also two sets of photos of you and the wife in and around the house (alos one photo with house number shown).

Not sure what Nonthaburi requirements are for witnesses.

34 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

the first one was a nightmare,    ??   please elaborate 

I am not the OP, but I just did my 1st Extension of Stay based on Marriage at our Local Immigration.

It was IMHO not a Nightmare, but it took forever and forever and 1st we were told, My Visa (NON-O) not valid have to go out of the country, then someone else said it was oke and then again not and finally the Head Honcho said Yes oke no problem. Then we were told witnesses (2) can go home (no need) so we send them away. 10 minutes later they said witnesses can come. (Fortunately they were still in the Building talking to some friends).

All in All it took around 2.5-3 hours and 46 (a bit exaggerated ;)) pages of paperwork and we are STILL waiting (now just over 3 weeks ago) for the decision !!

Edited by MJCM

9 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

the first one was a nightmare,    ??   please elaborate 

Its the constant runaround they give you about documents, and running back-n-forth between the US Embassy and the MFA, to get everything done, then getting witnesses together, then their statements taken, its just a nightmare....almost made my wife go insane, though I expected the time, runaround, and inconsistency in statements about what was needed. If you can get your first 1 yr extension of your marriage done at Nonthaburi Immigration in one visit, I will be surprised, hats off to anyone who does.

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 1