American claims self-defense as patron says man murdered in Pattaya was "trouble-maker"

snoop1130

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a sick murderer , he killed before with cold blood in the 90's , so lock him away for good, lets hope he does not have any influential friends here so he can bribe himself out of jail.

15 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

every bar in pattaya must have CCTV covering all areas inc outside on roadway

where to hell is the CCTV  !!!!!  

Agreed, as it IS law for every bar / entertainment venue to have CCTV, despite what others have wrote, however, we are all speculating that the CCTV was not working, or has been erased etc. 

There may be perfectly good CCTV coverage that captured the incident and has been viewed / retained by the police for all we know, the fact is, we simply do not know, they do not release all the available information to the general public, unless it is of some sort of benefit, i.e. needed to identify suspects etc.

Loads of old wives tales at the moment.

No idea what really happened, but my money would be the Aussie being a bit of a dick to a bar girl, the American has stepped in as the saving grace and given him a beating to show off. 

Accidentally, it has resulted in a death. I reckon the American will get done for manslaughter. 

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Sorry, I didn't read your previous post in another thread, there's been too much dross written by the usual suspects to read everything in all the topics.  Some relevant points can be missed.  Reports of matters like these often conflict. You quote the staff saying the girl was attacked, the report I quoted from the club said no staff were injured. Pity the CCTV was out!

I wasn't there, didn't see what happened and don't know the protagonists. From various statements, it seems it may be a case of low life thug meets large, extremely violent career criminal.

I'm not defending the Australian, but find it distasteful that others are calling the killer a hero, perhaps only because they share his nationality. 

Disgusting and shameful to even have the thought he is a hero. Violent thug.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

no anger at all

Here is something for you to think about

Almost every one of your posts on this thread (if not all of them) has been to criticise other posters, you seem more interested in berating others than just simply posting what you think about the subject matter of the topic and moving on, what is it you are trying to achieve - getting your view across or just berating others, try actually posting an opinion of your own that is not a reply to another poster - I'll bet you will have difficulty doing that 

Please feel free to show me a post in which I criticised another poster ? Of course I reply to people who quote my posts, just as you felt the need to reply to mine. I questioned why some people are so quick to judge. My opinion is that there are too many conflicting stories to enable a reasonable conclusion. Why would I need to move on when some people like to debate ? That's the purpose of an open forum. You are the one that got all aggressive in your 1st reply to me :) Cheers fella

Trouble-maker or not, what the first witness saying, he went down on the first blow and later get kickt to death.

And when you hear he, (american man) has killed before i know enough. 

Now its not 2 years in jail i think..

2 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Was you there?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No, I was not there and that is why I will not judge either one until it is proven and not just accusations without proof.

So I take it by your question that you were there and witnessed the whole thing.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

guess - gut feel, call it what you like 

I don't have any more info than you although I do tend to believe the claimed "eyewitness" account posted very early in this forum and IMO that makes this American a very dangerous individual indeed and who very likely IMO has previous form in his home country 

The latest update indicates your gut feel was in fact correct,

No, I was not there and that is why I will not judge either one until it is proven and not just accusations without proof.
So I take it by your question that you were there and witnessed the whole thing.
Listen Russell lad, you've kept me hanging for 2 hours, and you think you can just carry on our deep and meaningful conversation, to late mate, don't think I'm just here at your beck and call.. have a good evening..

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Should be fairly easy for the pathologist to distinguish between the latest version "one punch knocking the victim to the floor" and the earlier reports of "10 to 15 kicks or stamps to the head".

"Speaking on behalf of the Australian Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch said:  "He admitted that he hit him three to four times but it was self-defence."

He (Polanco) even admits himself that he hit him "3 or 4 times"!

And out of respect, no funny quips, but I presume that the Pattaya station chief was speaking on behalf of the American, and not the Australian, as quoted  above? 

2 hours ago, balo said:

He is a sick murderer , he killed before with cold blood in the 90's , so lock him away for good, lets hope he does not have any influential friends here so he can bribe himself out of jail.

From a reputable news source:

Mr Robb then squeezed her neck and lifted her off the ground until her face turned blue, police said.

Several other reports and comments from girls working in several other bars in the area have since surfaced claiming that this kind of behavior was normal for the the victim. Some girls even went as far as saying “he deserved it”.

Mr. Robb was a wonderful person when he wasn't drinking I heard from one of his close friends, so I will not take sides but the above is pretty damming.

The American was convicted and after reading his follow up to regular reporting to the court and parole officer seems this was the only thing on his record. With his past had he done anything else he would have gone to jail for a long time and certainly not have gotten a passport. So 22 years or so later this happens so I am not sure I would write him off totally as a cold blooded murderer. 

Ether way it will cost him a lot of money and take several years from his life even if it is ruled self defense. 

15 years ago in Las Vegas a man killed another man with a single punch, he was convicted of manslaughter. So anything is possible with head trauma.

drunk man was repeatedly punched in the face, thrown over a bar. then kicked and had his face stomped on. all these actions, have gone long past the point of self defense. stomping on someones head is action taken if you are trying to kill someone. this man has killed before as well. i think he deserves to face a murder charge and the prison time that goes with it. hes taken someones life again, he deserves life in prison

32 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

I take it the victim was a regular at the bar, so you would think any witnesses would be biased in his favor, not the other way round.

not when it seems he may have been a trouble maker and therefore probably not liked by the other regulars

43 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

not when it seems he may have been a trouble maker and therefore probably not liked by the other regulars

Evidently the American was a trouble maker, he served 3 years in jail previously for manslaughter. Also I wonder how much his friends have paid staff to change their story, we all know a 25,000 baht tip each to the staff would get whatever story you want told.

1 hour ago, marinediscoking said:

From a reputable news source:

Mr Robb then squeezed her neck and lifted her off the ground until her face turned blue, police said.

Several other reports and comments from girls working in several other bars in the area have since surfaced claiming that this kind of behavior was normal for the the victim. Some girls even went as far as saying “he deserved it”.

Mr. Robb was a wonderful person when he wasn't drinking I heard from one of his close friends, so I will not take sides but the above is pretty damming.

The American was convicted and after reading his follow up to regular reporting to the court and parole officer seems this was the only thing on his record. With his past had he done anything else he would have gone to jail for a long time and certainly not have gotten a passport. So 22 years or so later this happens so I am not sure I would write him off totally as a cold blooded murderer. 

Ether way it will cost him a lot of money and take several years from his life even if it is ruled self defense. 

15 years ago in Las Vegas a man killed another man with a single punch, he was convicted of manslaughter. So anything is possible with head trauma.

The American was convicted of KILLING SOMEONE and served 3 years in jail, so just wondering how many more people does he need to kill before you judge him to be a violent thug? I dare say his 4 friends have been busy paying people to say what they want them to say, it wouldn’t cost much to pay a bar girl to say she’s was assaulted. 

1 minute ago, cat handler said:

Evidently the American was a trouble maker, he served 3 years in jail previously for manslaughter. Also I wonder how much his friends have paid staff to change their story, we all know a 25,000 baht tip each to the staff would get whatever story you want told.

no evidence of staff being paid off, that's pure fantasy. you'll note my comment says 'it seems'. it would seem they were both trouble makers on the piss in the same bar which often leads to fights

The Americans previous history: 

Polanco was charged with second degree murder by North Miami Police in 1993, when he was still a teenager.

According to court documents Polanco killed Michael Cooper following a dispute over $20.

“[He] told detectives where he disposed of the murder weapon, which was not recovered, and where he disposed of his own bloody clothing, which was recovered,” news.com.au cite court documents as stating.

Polanco was sentenced to 12 years in prison but was released after two years when his charge was downgraded to manslaughter with a firearm. He then spent the next five years on probation.

7 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

no evidence of staff being paid off, that's pure fantasy. you'll note my comment says 'it seems'. it would seem they were both trouble makers on the piss in the same bar which often leads to fights

But only 1 had been charged and convicted of murder and sentenced to 12 years jail previously, all for just $20.

21 minutes ago, spyridon50 said:

So he was a known troublemaker,

picked up a waitress by the neck,probably deserved what he got

But it isn't up to the American guy to decide what people "deserve to get" and deliver it.... 

How is this even a debate? 

I see lots of asswholes nearly every day but it isn't up to me to stomp on their heads, even if I think they "deserve it" 

Archived