reritement visa extention without NON-IMO visa

22 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

ARE you aure about it? maybe they changed the regulation, as they do often?

and than , this NON-IMO visa, i can get only in my country , rigth?

not in a thai embassy nearby...

• 100% sure. They rarely change the regulations and haven't recently.
  • You can get a non-immigrant 'O' visa from embassies/consulates local to Thailand, and maybe from your home country.
  • If you are already in the country from a "30 day visa waiver", you can apply for the non-immigrant visa at some immigration offices. You need at least 15 days (maybe 21) left of your permit to stay; and 800K in the bank, or 65K income certified by your embassy, or a combination of the two.
Edited by elviajero

2 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • 100% sure. They rarely change the regulations and haven't recently.
  • You can get a non-immigrant 'O' visa from embassies/consulates local to Thailand, and maybe from your home country.
  • If you are already in the country from a "30 day visa waiver", you can apply for the non-immigrant visa at some immigration offices. You need at leats 15 days (maybe 21) left of your permit to stay, and 800K in the bank or 65K income certified by your embassy or a combination of the two.

AAAALLL RIGHT, so i can change the 30 day waiver here in thailand to the NON-IMO visa...this is what i and the lawyer and the immigration officer meant...does not mattar how you call it, as long as you don't have to leave the LOS

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

AAAALLL RIGHT, so i can change the 30 day waiver here in thailand to the NON-IMO visa...this is what i and the lawyer and the immigration officer meant...does not mattar how you call it, as long as you don't have to leave the LOS

1. You apply for the non-immigrant visa (2,000 baht). Proof of income/cash in the bank is required.
  2. About two weeks later you go back to immigration and they stamp the non-immigrant visa in your passport and give you a new permit to stay for 90 days.
  3. During the last 30 (maybe 45) days of the new 90 day stay you can apply for the 1 year extension of stay (1,900 baht). You have to prove income/cash in the bank again.
Edited by elviajero

2 hours ago, elviajero said:
  1. You apply for the non-immigrant visa (2,000 baht). Proof of income/cash in the bank is required.
  2. About two weeks later you go back to immigration and they stamp the non-immigrant visa in your passport and give you a new permit to stay for 90 days.
  3. During the last 30 (maybe 45) days of the new 90 day stay you can apply for the 1 year extension of stay (1,900 baht). You have to prove income/cash in the bank again.

I THINK you got it wrong with the price for the 1 year extention...it cost more than 8000 baht. but never mind, as long as we can stay in thailand and not go back to our dry ass countries to get the NON-IMO visa !!!

6 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I THINK you got it wrong with the price for the 1 year extention...it cost more than 8000 baht. but never mind, as long as we can stay in thailand and not go back to our dry ass countries to get the NON-IMO visa !!!

ALL extensions of stay only cost 1,900 baht, whether it's 30 days or 1 year.