Another wasteful populist scheme: The costly ‘Thai Niyom’ plan

webfact

build your own ''castel'',protect your family and their loved ones,be aware of your surroundings,educate your children,and save your pennies for their future...cause this country is like a sad, broken old love song..

Edited by mok199
speliing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

build your own ''castel'',protect your family and their loved ones,be aware of your surroundings,educate your children,and save your pennies for their future...cause this country is like a sad, broken old love song..

Or leave before it's too late. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Crazy, i hate populist policies on all sides. Its nothing more then vote buying disguised.  Nothing will ever change here.

Only thing that's changed is that you can't vote this lot out. The corruption remains as strong as ever. I'd argue it's even more blatant now. 

Coups are never a good thing when they replace democracy with the forbidden D word, even if that democracy was far from perfect.

• Like 2

Just now, JonnyF said:

Only thing that's changed is that you can't vote this lot out. The corruption remains as strong as ever. I'd argue it's even more blatant now. 

Coups are never a good thing when they replace democracy with the forbidden D word, even if that democracy was far from perfect.

True you can't vote them out, but that is about the only difference they all enrich themselves. But how do you see a PTP ever being voted out they are popular so they have the right to steal ?. 

Some tough laws is what is needed (without selective enforcement). It will never happen as those in power want to keep on stealing. 

Just now, JonnyF said:

Nobody has the right to steal no matter how popular, I don't believe anyone has said that. In my opinion what is needed is a sustained period of democracy whereby the electorate can begin to see what is happening, mature as voters and become more educated in terms of who they vote for. That might also allow for a new generation of politician to come along that is less corrupt and gradually things could improve (slowly, I'm talking decades).

The military resetting the clock to zero every few years prevents this from happening. Democracy never matures and politicians try and steal as much as possible in the shortest amount of time as they know they'll be ousted anyway.

The cycle has to break, and in my opinion the only way to do that is putting an end to these coups. They don't reduce corruption anyway, so with corruption being a constant you may as let democracy mature.  

To be honest unlike you I don't think democracy will mature here. They all are in it for the money there is no incentive for them to change (politicians). The coups are not a good thing either but I doubt that there would be less corruption without them. 

The one good thing is that now we got a different voting system that can help small parties to form. Before you had to win more then 50% in a voting district or your votes would be lost. This is no longer the case all votes count now so that is the only good thing i see. In Holland we got something like that all votes count no stupid voting districts so you can start small as a political party and grow. With voting districts its almost impossible for small parties to mean anything. 

I think change would have to come from new parties (if it ever comes)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Crazy, i hate populist policies on all sides. Its nothing more then vote buying disguised.  Nothing will ever change here.

Now you are starting to get it. Rather an elected corrupt government buying votes than a dictator buying votes. By the way add up all his populist policies and the cost exceeds that of YS. The biggest one was the civil service pension fund changes which slipped by because the annual cost dont break the bank but cummulative cost over the next 20 to 30 years will break the country. 

I'm really liking these Nation Opinion pieces recently, I feel sure that some lackey in the bowels of Government House has to copy these pages and deliver them quivering to the desk of little p, (lower case used on purpose) Surely he must realise that it's time to step down and make way for a democratically elected party to run the country. 

Now he comes out with this absolute waste of money, he really is deluded.

I wonder how many people will attend the next rally against these thieves, a few weeks ago it was a handful followed by a couple of weeks later that by a couple of dozen followed recently by a couple of hundred. To be followed by a few thousand next hopefully.

And I was just listening to BBC radio 2 in the UK and believe it or not little p' new song was mentioned on the national news at 1600 hrs UK time, apparently the reception by people here was "Flat" :clap2: