Pattaya bar fight: Key witness says Australian man beaten to death over “misunderstanding”

webfact

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2018 at 11:43 PM, pattayahenry said:

the aussie was joking, 100 thais would have helped her, if she was uncomfortable. for me its crystal clear, anybody, who kicks the head of another person, should get a life sentence without parole, no matter, what else happened.

I agree, 2 wrongs don't make a right, BUT picking a girl up by the neck? is no fkn joke, I don't care how you put it. I would never do that to anyone smaller than me. You can easily injure someone severely. The guy paid with his life. 

On 2/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, darksidedog said:

It just goes to show you should never poke your nose in to something, unless you are 100% sure of what is actually happening. It was bad enough already, without it turning out to be a misunderstanding that kicked it all off.

On 2/14/2018 at 4:13 PM, RareDingo said:

I'm never sure about internet news, or any news anymore.  News outlets sometimes just trying to sell news, any news, to make a buck.  However, IF and I say IF this man has been charged with murder before (so young 42 to be out of jail), how they hell did he ever get a passport and how the hell did the Thai customs authorities ever let this piece of work into their country.  They are only asking for trouble, which they got, or more, some poor bastard on holiday's messing around with a Thai bar lady.  The mind boggles.  I hope the truth comes out, and those posting picks on social media are just as complicit in this crazy act as the boofhead who clearly has an anger management issue.  JMHO

On 2/14/2018 at 7:56 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Did anyone get to the bottom of the Weds Starbuck incident when the american had another misunderstanding?

Jose was released from custody two weeks ago.

There will be no reenactment, no court case, no justice.

He is back in Miami. 

Money talks.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, gordon g said:

Jose Polanco has been given a two year jail sentence by the Pattaya court. FULLY suspended.

Obviously Ben's friends are disappointed with the verdict, especially considering he was previously convicted of murder in the US where he was sentenced to 12 years prison for murder, before having his sentence reduced to only 2 years.  That murder was over a dispute over 20USD. Jose spent 3 nights locked up for killing Ben. There were no prosecution witnesses at court.

Jose is required to stay in Thailand until the sentence expires, so has been given a visa for that period.

We heard that legal "costs" totalled 600,000 baht, of which none went to Ben's family as often happens in Thailand.

If the Darkside Dog could use his court\jail contacts to confirm this result to the members it would be very much appreciated. There are lot of mistruths and speculation in these threads that are not helpful.

Jose is residing in Pattaya and was seen in Soi 6 again last week. Despite not having a job, he does not appear to be struggling financially. He may have an export business that provides muscle growth products.

I went to the bar where it happened, all the witnesses said the deceased was acting like a complete ahole not just there, but on the whole soi for most of the night, disturbing the girls etc. He provoked the attack, obviously doesn't warrant death, but rule one in Thailand, don't act like an Ahole, as there are even greater ones lurking in the darkness. 

5 hours ago, gordon g said:

Jose is residing in Pattaya and was seen in Soi 6 again last week. Despite not having a job, he does not appear to be struggling financially. He may have an export business that provides muscle growth products. 

If he has any customers in the US then the DEA will be very interested in this.

There are DEA Thailand staff attached to the US Embassy in Bangkok.

Here are their contact details : https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/bangkok/us-agencies/drug-enforcement-administration-dea/

22 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

You joined this forum yesterday, and know all about this case ... tell us more ?

Doesnt mean anything, I would do the same and open another account if I had information to share about a dangerous criminal. You have to be careful with these people .

On 2/16/2018 at 7:39 PM, mercman24 said:

anyone else thinks this information about the girl turning BLUE  is a total fabrication, on the part of the attacker to justify this horrendous assault, i have never ever seen anyone turning BLUE , RED yes 

This bar does have neon red and blue lighting, so may be a trick of the light.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, watcharacters said:

Has the arrested suspect spoken out yet about the events in the bar on the day of Mr. Robb's death?

Which isn't interesting at all.

He killed, again.

Put him away for the remainder of his miserable life.

• 3 weeks later...

Now the perp picked up the Thai girl by the throat raised her up from the floor and her face was turning blue. An American sees this and intervenes quickly to prevent the Thai girl from being choked. He steps in and gives the perp an A55 beating that unfortunately causes the death of the perp. My question is, how many of TV readers would do the same? Are you carrying your Man Card on you?  Or would you just sit on your stool, sip on your beer and not get up and do something? I definitely would get the perp to knock it off. I would not give him an A55 beating that results in his death. However he would have second thoughts about what happened to him just in case he decided to try it again. 

19 minutes ago, SinCityGr8One said:

Now the perp picked up the Thai girl by the throat raised her up from the floor and her face was turning blue. An American sees this and intervenes quickly to prevent the Thai girl from being choked. He steps in and gives the perp an A55 beating that unfortunately causes the death of the perp. My question is, how many of TV readers would do the same? Are you carrying your Man Card on you?  Or would you just sit on your stool, sip on your beer and not get up and do something? I definitely would get the perp to knock it off. I would not give him an A55 beating that results in his death. However he would have second thoughts about what happened to him just in case he decided to try it again. 

Have you actually read the OP ?

Or at least the headline, just to get a clue.

12 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Have you actually read the OP ?

Or at least the headline, just to get a clue.

Yes, I have a strong command of the English language. What point are you attempting to make? Perhaps, just perhaps you have interpreted the story different than I have.

9 hours ago, SinCityGr8One said:

Yes, I have a strong command of the English language. What point are you attempting to make? Perhaps, just perhaps you have interpreted the story different than I have.

The point is, there was no danger for the woman involved, and the American guy overreacted.

On 10/3/2018 at 8:29 PM, SinCityGr8One said:

That was the version that the defendants group stated .

The Woman in question stated that herself and him were just playing around and he didnt harm her and nothing was serious and her face wasnt "turning blue".

2 minutes ago, Mike West said:

I am not answering the first part, but people lie for many reasons. (I'm sure you know that) 

Fair enough.

But if you want to expose a liar, i think you should say at least why you say so.

Archived