Pattaya bar fight: Key witness says Australian man beaten to death over “misunderstanding”

webfact

19 hours ago, RareDingo said:

I'm never sure about internet news, or any news anymore.  News outlets sometimes just trying to sell news, any news, to make a buck.  However, IF and I say IF this man has been charged with murder before (so young 42 to be out of jail), how they hell did he ever get a passport and how the hell did the Thai customs authorities ever let this piece of work into their country.  They are only asking for trouble, which they got, or more, some poor bastard on holiday's messing around with a Thai bar lady.  The mind boggles.  I hope the truth comes out, and those posting picks on social media are just as complicit in this crazy act as the boofhead who clearly has an anger management issue.  JMHO

Customs have nothing to do with Immigration.   Why do you have the idea that it's 'Customs' who let these guys in??  I agree that previous convictions are supposed to be included in Visa applications.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

and what/who was the source of this "true"  report from 9news Australia? 

Strange that some people, especially from Australia..will think news must be true because it come from their country.

Because they have reporters on location in Pattaya; because they came interrogate people at the bar and at nearby bars; because they show videos of the Policemen interviews; because the clearly indicate the name of the Police officer when they quote him; etc...

I'm never sure about internet news, or any news anymore.  News outlets sometimes just trying to sell news, any news, to make a buck.  However, IF and I say IF this man has been charged with murder before (so young 42 to be out of jail), how they hell did he ever get a passport and how the hell did the Thai customs authorities ever let this piece of work into their country.  They are only asking for trouble, which they got, or more, some poor bastard on holiday's messing around with a Thai bar lady.  The mind boggles.  I hope the truth comes out, and those posting picks on social media are just as complicit in this crazy act as the boofhead who clearly has an anger management issue.  JMHO

I agree with the statement of news!or the journalistic appearances in so much I read here....The news here surrounds around violence,immigration,always about foreign nationalities,gossip,inflammatory issues,narcotics,rarely is there some things about food,nature,self improvement,knowledge,think tanks,....Sorry a little off topic...but complimenting your comments!Good day!

Please excuse spelling mistakes/Grammar/Misunderstanding!

15 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The article mix everything :sad:. Initial reports, rumours, disinformation from a group of people, and add the last event being the lady saying that it was just a game, a simulation, an usual joke between them.

This lady was yesterday joking and laughing at her bar while simulating a strangulation on herself ! So I personally believe her and the big misunderstanding

Anyone familiar with the Thai bar scene knows that sort of "joking" goes on all the time.

Reports that her face went blue will be just the usual  blathering on about the usual garbage on social media from the "believe everything they read sort".

17 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Because they have reporters on location in Pattaya; because they came interrogate people at the bar and at nearby bars; because they show videos of the Policemen interviews; because the clearly indicate the name of the Police officer when they quote him; etc...

Are you saying that an Australian tv channel actually pays "reporters" to hang out in Pattaya on the off chance there will be an Australian in trouble?

I'd like a job like that.

6 hours ago, vogie said:

But the Ozzy was only joking around "he picked up the waitress by her throat untill her legs were off the ground and her face turned blue," obviously had a great sense of humour.

So you've seen the video before everyone? 

18 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

We do not know what was said between the two of them and will probably never know, add alcohol and stupidity and then this is the result. If both men were drunk, which is what is alleged, then there are mitigating circumstances already.

Just as a side note, how many people/members watch MMA here? What do they do in MMA, they punch, they knee, they elbow their opponent when their opponent is on the ground. This fellow obviously wanted to hand out a hiding and it went too far.

martial artists i have known virtually never get into street fights and will do just about anything to avoid or defuse a fightincluding eating humble pie.  

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Did you read that correctly ?

What it seems to say is that the prisoner may decide not to return to the USA because he may have to spend more time in jail in the USA , than he would in the Country that he is in .

He would have to serve the full sentence in the USA rather than possibly getting a sentence reduction in Thailand , 

Of course this is the case, by my edit I did mean to imply that he could well end up serving longer, apologies for not making this clear.

32 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The article mix everything :sad:. Initial reports, rumours, disinformation from a group of people, and add the last event being the lady saying that it was just a game, a simulation, an usual joke between them.

This lady was yesterday joking and laughing at her bar while simulating a strangulation on herself ! So I personally believe her and the big misunderstanding

Auto-erotic asphyxiation isn't unique to Soi 6 either.

31 minutes ago, masuk said:

Customs have nothing to do with Immigration.   Why do you have the idea that it's 'Customs' who let these guys in??  I agree that previous convictions are supposed to be included in Visa applications.

Never see a Thai tourist visa where it asks for a criminal record check. Recently applied for a Non-B at Singapore to enable a work permit and they never cared to ask where I hide the bodies and they have a reputation of being the hardest of the local Thai legations. They certainly don't ask visa-exempt entrants and border runners either.

11 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

So you've seen the video before everyone? 

Nobody has seen the video, we can only go on what we read, has anyone of the 130 odd posts seen the video?

It hasn't stopped people speculating. What is the point of a thread if we cannot give an opinion on we we have read, we might as well close ThaiVisa now, it would become pointless, opinions do not stand up in a court of law, so now matter what has been said on all these posts will not effect the final outcome, you can rest assured of that.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Never see a Thai tourist visa where it asks for a criminal record check. Recently applied for a Non-B at Singapore to enable a work permit and they never cared to ask where I hide the bodies and they have a reputation of being the hardest of the local Thai legations. They certainly don't ask visa-exempt entrants and border runners either.

Exactly, the only visas this is done for are the O-A or O-X visas AFAIK.

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It just goes to show you should never poke your nose in to something, unless you are 100% sure of what is actually happening. It was bad enough already, without it turning out to be a misunderstanding that kicked it all off.

He is a violent nutter who enjoys violence. You have to to inflict that ferocity in a fight where you know your opponent is weak. I had a large number of amature professional and a handful of street fights.This guy is a danger to society and should be caged for 20 years

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Of course I read the article, especially the bit about her face going blue, does your face go blue when you are playing about. My wifes always game for a laugh, I'll wait till she gets home and pick her up by the neck and lift her off the ground untill her face goes blue, she'll love it, what a sport she is.

Were you there? Nobody on here I should imagine was, so at the moment it is all speculation, we can only comment on what we read, if we had to wait for definitive proof it wouldn't be much of a forum now would it? 

there you go again spreading hearsay......someone somewhere said a waitress was being choked and face blue then you take it as fact. The only facts we know is a man is dead. What the suspect and the waitress say, may not necessarily be the same thing.. That guy is now facing murder charges, so it's in his best interest to make it look like the victim was to blame.....Only the people there know the truth and I'd give more weight to what the waitress says, than to what the suspect says, wouldn't you?  

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Of course I read the article, especially the bit about her face going blue, does your face go blue when you are playing about. My wifes always game for a laugh, I'll wait till she gets home and pick her up by the neck and lift her off the ground untill her face goes blue, she'll love it, what a sport she is.

Were you there? Nobody on here I should imagine was, so at the moment it is all speculation, we can only comment on what we read, if we had to wait for definitive proof it wouldn't be much of a forum now would it? 

Vogie vogie vogie.... are you sure you read the OP? Be honest now.

if you did, you must have missed this... ( from the mouth of the chokee)

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Ms Sangsuwan said that while it may have looked violent, her and Mr Robb were in fact “just joking” and that at no time did she feel threatened by the Australian.

Ms Sangsuwan said that others in the bar “misunderstood” the situation and thought that Mr Robb was being aggressive towards her.

The blue story was released after the killers confession, by a police officer, and was a justification given for the vicious attack, along with self defense,  as best as I can gather from the multiple threads.

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying that an Australian tv channel actually pays "reporters" to hang out in Pattaya on the off chance there will be an Australian in trouble?

I'd like a job like that.

Ever heard of regional reporters, pool reporters, freelance reporters as well as a few others.  Once the story became a story they wished to cover -- they would have either sent one of their reporters, or one of the reporters they have worked with in the past.  The reporter could be based in Bangkok or Singapore or even Australia (not that far away by air)....  Hop on plane (if necessary), rent a car and go to Pattaya... on location does not mean living there.

19 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

We do not know what was said between the two of them and will probably never know, add alcohol and stupidity and then this is the result. If both men were drunk, which is what is alleged, then there are mitigating circumstances already.

Just as a side note, how many people/members watch MMA here? What do they do in MMA, they punch, they knee, they elbow their opponent when their opponent is on the ground. This fellow obviously wanted to hand out a hiding and it went too far.

Head stomps and all kicks to a downed opponent  are illegal in mma 

Try to at least pretend you have a clue.... 

8 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

there you go again spreading hearsay......someone somewhere said a waitress was being choked and face blue then you take it as fact. The only facts we know is a man is dead. What the suspect and the waitress say, may not necessarily be the same thing.. That guy is now facing murder charges, so it's in his best interest to make it look like the victim was to blame.....Only the people there know the truth and I'd give more weight to what the waitress says, than to what the suspect says, wouldn't you?  

Where did I say the victim was to blame, you seriously need a reality check! If you don't like different opinions to your own I suggest you are on the wrong forum!

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

Where did I say the victim was to blame, you seriously need a reality check! If you don't like different opinions to your own I suggest you are on the wrong forum!

You specifically said the waitress was choked by the victim and her face was blue !.....it's your grip on reality or is it your memory is seriously lacking.

And as someone else on this forum said, how anyone in that dark bar could tell her face was blue defies belief.

23 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

You specifically said the waitress was choked by the victim and her face was blue !.....it's your grip on reality or is it your memory is seriously lacking.

And as someone else on this forum said, how anyone in that dark bar could tell her face was blue defies belief.

But you are believing that the bar was dark, you were obviously there, oh wait a minute you are believing hearsay, if you are looking for an argument can I suggest you go elsewhere, I am really getting bored with you now!

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Which person with a brain would intervene unasked in a supposed "attack" to a working girl in a bar?

Isn't it crystal clear that bar staff/bouncers would be there in an instant to take care?

I hope this killer will never walk free again.

Be it in prison, closed psychiatric clinic or wherever.

A danger to the public.

I have never seen any bouncers outside the bars on Soi 6, and I don't know if there are bouncers inside, but I would imagine that any bouncers employed by a bar will do most of their work standing outside at the door. I do know that there are bouncers on most bar doors in Soi Cowboy and Walking street.

14 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Several members made the same kind of comment on the several topics about this murder. So why not take actions to stop this problem. What about a ban on alcohol in the whole Pattaya? :unsure:. That would solve a lot of problems. :smile:

Yes, and a ban of all the traffic on the roads in the whole of Pattaya would also solve a lot of problems.:cheesy:

4 hours ago, charmonman said:

Or maybe, as a first step, just not allow people with serious criminal records (things like rape and murder), into the country in the first place! 

I am saying it again,maybe just not allow people with serious criminal records(like rape and murder)out of the country in the first place!

Archived