Pattaya bar fight: Key witness says Australian man beaten to death over “misunderstanding”

webfact

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes, even if the Aussie was being aggressive , the American and his four friends could have easily intervened, non violently .

If the Aussie was assaulting , just hold him down and call the Police 

I see, go into any bar in Pattaya and let the following unfold. 2 drunks are there, one is holding a girl by the neck, the other party says hey cut that out, the person holding the girl by the neck doesn't say we are only joking around, but rather responds with a list of expletives and tells the other party to mind their own business and to eff off. See how that works out in any bar. The problem with this incident is we don't know what the interaction was between the two of them, yet many here profess to know what happened, and even by watching the CCTV you're not going to get the full context. Most are asserting there are no mitigating circumstances, so you all must know how the conversation went between the two and whether or not the deceased was aggressive in the first instance. I'd like to know how you have this so very relevant information of the circumstances.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, sanemax said:

Did you read all the posts in this thread ?

The B/G stated that they were only messing about , he wasnt trying to harm her .

"She was turning blue" may have been his friends trying to get him off the hook .

No I don’t read all the posts. Just the headlines and what people respond to me

On 2/15/2018 at 2:21 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Which witnesses?

Sources please?

From the first message of this topic: "Ms Sangsuwan [the waitress] said that while it may have looked violent, her and Mr Robb were in fact “just joking” and that at no time did she feel threatened by the Australian. "

Not sure if I’m allowed to link here but it’s in the Thai news. They interviewed all of the bar staff. She said she was lifted in the air by Robb and that it didn’t hurt but she couldn’t breathe. Then the American guy came over to help and they fought. 

36 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

Not sure if I’m allowed to link here but it’s in the Thai news. They interviewed all of the bar staff. She said she was lifted in the air by Robb and that it didn’t hurt but she couldn’t breathe. Then the American guy came over to help and they fought. 

Sounds like they were playing around. But I do not know. However, I do not understand anyone defending the guys (American) behavior. Aggressive, badly behaved or not that the Australian man was, or if he was, it is no cause to kill someone at all. If one does, then you have to be responsible and go to prison. I certainly have no wish to be in a bar with someone who can potentially take someone's life over an altercation. I hope the guy goes to prison for a very long time. Even if it was an accident, the person still killed someone and in my mind, you must take responsibility. A heartfelt apology for the accident might be a start. The damage left behind is terrible and a family is having to deal with this tragic and appalling situation. Sympathy to them.

18 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Are they likely to release the CCTV? I'm quite surprised that no footage of the incident has found it's way into the public domain yet - given the way these things usually come out so quickly in LOS.

No the police are not releasing the CCTV to anybody. You will never see it.

And the attacker is NOT in police custody.

Many people saw him in Jomtien yesterday.

20 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

It was not the question I asked, and furthermore I do not act like some other scum around the place who think it is their 'right' to touch women they don't know.

You said there 'bouncers' there, and you are plainly incorrect. 

Maybe I am.  Let's ask someone who knows.

Is there any member here who knows the Ruby club well and can tell us if they have bouncers?:post-4641-1156694572:

2 minutes ago, car720 said:

Is there any member here who knows the Ruby club well and can tell us if they have bouncers?:post-4641-1156694572:

Just got first hand info.

My mate said hardly any of the bars in Soi 6 have bouncers. He also said the ruby club has no bouncers

20 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

It was not the question I asked, and furthermore I do not act like some other scum around the place who think it is their 'right' to touch women they don't know.

You said there 'bouncers' there, and you are plainly incorrect. 

I stand corrected.  Apparently the Ruby club has no bouncers.

6 hours ago, car720 said:

I am not sure about Ruby. But I knew I thai man who handled security for most of the Soi 6 bars close to beach Rd as they could not afford to each have one.  As Ruby's is near dead center of Soi 6 I would not be surprised if there was a similar arrangement with someone else or maybe the owner refused in the sharing of the cost?

4 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

I am not sure about Ruby. But I knew I thai man who handled security for most of the Soi 6 bars close to beach Rd as they could not afford to each have one.  As Ruby's is near dead center of Soi 6 I would not be surprised if there was a similar arrangement with someone else or maybe the owner refused in the sharing of the cost?

yeah a yabba dealer and 2 taxis

On 2/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, Mattd said:

Idon't disagree, but doing away with the visa exempt entry would be a huge trade off from Thailand's point of view, possibly missing out on millions of tourists per year, a bit extreme for what is a few events in reality and it wouldn't necessarily resolve the issue anyway, even folks with no criminal record can get violent.

Even doing criminal record checks on every single visa applicant would be detrimental, as this takes time to do.

I think Thailand could definitely use a few million fewer tourists per year as even the current tourism minister has suggested. Put a couple of more hoops in people's way before they can enter and you might end up with fewer complete idiots causing trouble and worse. I do take your point that this would require a lot of effort and expense to actually implement, but it just might be worth it.

On 2/14/2018 at 6:55 PM, GOLDBUGGY said:

Not Feasible! Even this Data Base shared by Canada and the United States will not show when somebody has been granted a Pardon. 

Since this Anerican was a Teen when his first Manslaughter took place he could have, and probably did, apply for a Pardon long ago. Only Murder 1 and High Treason cannot do this as there sentence is for life. You sentence must be completed before you can apply for a Pardon. So if he kept his nose clean until then, he most likely was granted a Pardon. So his Criminal Record would have been errased from the Public Eye. 

The reality of it all is that you can't prevent people like this from entering your country. You also can't keep throwing out the full barrel of apples everytime you find one rotten one it it. The price you pay for welcoming all tourist is you get a bad one every once in awhile. 

I'm sure you are right. It would not have prevented this particular criminal from entering the country, but Thailand and Pattaya specifically seems to have become a haven for foreign (and domestic) criminals and it has't always been this way. Thailand needs to get better control of its borders and prevent these people from getting in. I know for a fact that people with non-violent drug charges are denied entry to Canada when trying to enter from the US (maybe because they have to apply for a specific visa), making it hard for some US rock bands to actually tour in Canada. If Canada can prevent musicians with simple possession convictions from coming in, surely Thailand can find a way to prevent tourists with assault, rape or murder convictions from coming in and turning Pattaya into even more of a cesspool than it has already become.

Once, about  25 years ago, I was stopped by immigration at Seattle when coming in from a fight from Thailand and they detained me while they phoned the Thai police and the Canadian police to see if I had any criminal charges in either country. Obviously they can't do that for everyone, but this is not 1993 but 2018, the era of big data; Facebook and Google know everything about everybody. There has to be a system for governments to screen people at their borders.

Oh yeah, and maybe make it a bit harder for the Chinese while they're at it :)

On 2/17/2018 at 9:33 PM, BradWilkins said:

There is absolutely no excuse for beating and jumping on someones head at least 10 times , when they were in no position to defend themselves. Throw away the key.

the girl was in no position to defend herself from this monster either. 

On 2/18/2018 at 2:04 AM, charmonman said:

Put a couple of more hoops in people's way before they can enter and you might end up with fewer complete idiots causing trouble and worse

Yes, but as a percentage of the total visitors, then these complete idiots are not very high and the more hurdles to overcome, the less genuine tourists will bother, as they will take the path of least resistance.

On 17/02/2018 at 3:59 PM, marinediscoking said:

This is correct I know a few beach road end have security. Scooters does went in there a year back 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:43 PM, dazler said:

Was he lifting people by the necks in Jomtien for old times sake?

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, dazler said:
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, CG1 Blue said:

Are they likely to release the CCTV? I'm quite surprised that no footage of the incident has found it's way into the public domain yet - given the way these things usually come out so quickly in LOS.

This is surely just hearsay and rumours, no? They wouldn't release a man under suspicion of committing his second murder. Unless he was well connected - and I doubt this loser is well connected.

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

This is surely just hearsay and rumours, no? They wouldn't release a man under suspicion of committing his second murder. Unless he was well connected - and I doubt this loser is well connected.

Exactly. But it's not really suspicion is it. They have CCTV. All the more reason to not give him bail.

3 hours ago, johnson36 said:

Exactly. But it's not really suspicion is it. They have CCTV. All the more reason to not give him bail.

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Are you people newbies to Thailand? 

Everyone gets bail! Unless you are suspected of blowing up something. 

17 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

Are you people newbies to Thailand? 

Everyone gets bail! Unless you are suspected of blowing up something. 

Everyone ?

so if someone walks up to a policeman and shoots him dead he will be arrested and questioned and then given bail ?

On 18.2.2018 at 5:14 PM, Mike West said:

the girl was in no position to defend herself from this monster either. 

the aussie was joking, 100 thais would have helped her, if she was uncomfortable. for me its crystal clear, anybody, who kicks the head of another person, should get a life sentence without parole, no matter, what else happened.

Archived